“WHAT YOU'D EXPECT”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Brought to you by the creators of Graziella's and Blue
Reviewed August 5, 2013

No surprises here. You get what you expect - A large filling burger made to your liking.
Priced high at $14 there are probably better burgers out there at cheaper prices.
Regardless - we were not disappointed.

The basic fries however were another matter. Plain, salty you wondered if they came from McDonald's.

The service was average but distant. We stopped by around 4:30 so not much activity.
However a couple of the young employees seemed more interested in their IPhones rather than their customers.

1  Thank R K

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have frequented all now 4 locations of Westchester Burger, White Plains, Ryebrook, Mt. Kisco & the newly opened Nyack (Rockland) location always fantastic food and service never have been disappointed and keep going back for more and more - Best of Westchester 3 years in a row!!! I'll be back again and again!!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Ate here twice and had great food both times. Watched the Ranger game at the bar, bartender was cool. If you want a legit hamburger /chicken /whatever burger, this is your spot. Soprano burger was a great surprise, tried a while ago and still think about it. Tip-eat at the bar if seating area is full.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I'm not a frequent burger eater but, based on the reviews I read and always looking for a new favorite place, I went several months ago and have returned a couple of times. No complaints about the food - the burger (a plain one) was a perfect Medium, served on a tasty roll, the salad was decent. Location is good although the parking lot is behind the restaurant on a hill and, on a snowy night, you have to carefully navigate down to the front door.

The negatives for me? The decor and atmosphere as others have mentioned. Nothing welcome about it, no special decoration or artwork to focus on, seating a bit close. Noise level is high, a frequent complaint of mine when I go out to dinner with someone and want to actually talk to that person. Still don't know why restaurant owners add LOUD intrusive music to a dining room. Is it supposed to make people think they've arrived at some great party or does it hype people up to eat and drink more ?? And I haven't even mentioned the large TVs which are blaring in one section of the restaurant. I came to eat a hamburger, not to watch a football game.

No complaints about the service which ranged from average to very good on the nights I went. Refills of coffee were offered and I would have liked to order dessert but the choices were limited if you don't want ice cream or aren't fond of chocolate.

I hope the owners read reviews and actually act on at least some of the suggestions made. I'd return but not with huge enthusiasm.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I frequent this location very often, at least once a month. But today I came, when its not too busy, and experienced the worst service yet. The waitress never checked on us, refilled our drinks, bring the condiments we asked for, and we had to get up with our bill in order to pay! Then no sympathy was shown and nothing was offered to be comped. So upset and disappointed.