“food was affordable and delicious”

White Plains Coach Diner
Ranked #151 of 270 Restaurants in White Plains
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: 914-428-5700
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The parking wasn't too bad, but spaces are limited. The wait wasn't too bad to eat, the food was delicious, we ordered the raisin french toast, so yummy! The waitress we had was really nice and made sure she replaced the extra crispy bacon she brought to me with regular bacon, the extra crispy was too burned. Overall, hot chocolate and pancakes and french toast was delicious.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I ate breakfast here recently with several friends. The food was pretty bad. Two folks ordered oatmeal which tasted like library paste. I ordered bacon and eggs. The bacon was undercooked and floppy.

All inb all, it was better than malnutrition.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Its about what I expected from a Diner. Food was average, portions were reasonable/generous, the staff is uninspired and certainly not concerned with making it a positive customer experience. I wasn't impressed enough to go back.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We came here for breakfast the first morning of our trip. We were sat quickly, and served quickly, but after that our waitress just sat around looking bored, but not really paying attention to us once we were done, and ready to get the bill. I actually had to get up, walk over to her, and ask her for the bill. Then she walked around a little. She seemed to be confused to what table we were sitting in. We payed at the front and left. I had the French toast and my boyfriend had an omelette. Right after we hopped on the train to go into NYC, and oh my. My boyfriend started having stomach pains, and thankfully there is a bathroom on it. He had a bad case of #4 and spent most of the 1/2 hour trip inside the bathroom. Even though we had different things I was nervous about getting sick in the city, where bathrooms are not very accessible. Thankfully nothing happened to me. Would not go back. There are other places that served the same food that were more memorable (and didn't make anyone sick)

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We eat here frequently, as the kids in the family usually want different food than what the adults want.

Even when the parking lot is full, we have never had to wait, unless we had a particularly large party and they needed to put tables together, and then it was only 2-4 minutes tops.

The selections on the menu are very varied and breakfast is served all day (24 hours).

Food is average to good and prices are fair. Service has always been very good.

As expected in a diner, the atmosphere is ok--nothing to write home about, though never too noisy.