“Love the ambiance”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Transit: The White Plains Train Station is a short walk from the restaurant. Walk North up Bank Street and cross Ferris Avenue. Bank Street turns into Main Street. Walk up Main Street, pass the Galleria Mall and then turn right on Mamaroneck Avenue. The restaurant is 1/2 a block up on the right, across from the movie theater.
Description: Westchester's favorite celebration restaurant. "The Melting Pot is pure entertainment," said the New York Times. Whether it's a romantic dinner for two, bridal event, babyshower, Ladies' Night Out, or birthday, The Melting Pot has the recipe to make all your occasions special. Relax in our private, elegant atmosphere and let our attentive servers guide you through our wide selection of fondues, fresh salads, succulent entrees and fine wines. Winner of an "Award of Excellence" from Wine Spectator magazine.
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is the perfect place for a catch-up session with friends or a romantic dinner. It is a little pricey but as a once in a while indulgence is OK.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had a great experience at The Melting Pot. Food was amazing! Great cuts of meat, fresh veggies, fruit & bread for the dipping :) Our waitress Natalie was extremely helpful regarding the menu. She made our 1st time there very enjoyable. My new favorite place!!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Our company had it's holiday party here, so it was great to experience it one someone else's dime - I would have felt cheated if it were mine. Much effort goes into style, rather than substance. For our first course we shared a classic swiss fondue and a southwestern cheddar one. Both fondues were adequate, with 4-5 ingredients mixed at the table. Dippers were bread, vegetables, and apple chunks. Even a novice cook could have easily assembled these. Next we had a relatively small salad that DID contain very tasty candied pecans. Entrees were various proteins (or one vegetarian offering) that are stewed at the table in a choice of vegetable or chicken stock (they have fancier names). Once again, serving size was less than expected for the price. I wondered why anyone should pay that much to boil beef/pork/duck/chicken in stock? Food quality: meats/seafood seem to be high quality. Of course, all of these items cook at different rates so it's impossible to gauge when anything's properly cooked.

A few administrative negatives: The sinks in the bathroom only poured ice cold water (it's December in NY!). There was no light in the fully enclosed stall in the bathroom - I should have brought my night vision goggles. The tile floors throughout the restaurant were coated with a sticky film. The restaurant has a policy not to sit anyone in a party with a reservation until all have arrived. The restaurant is in the basement of the building, with an industrial-looking staircase the only way to access.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My daughter decided that she wanted a fondue party for her 13th birthday party. Everything was great from start to end. Initially I contacted them to so the reservation and they worked well with me to get everything in order. We arrived a few minutes late and had about 5 extra guest with me but that wasn't an issue. The only issue that I would say that came about was the amount of food. The portions were small. At the end the server was very nice to us to enroll us in there frequency program and I've just received my gift cards that I plan on using very soon. It's a good experience to have. Didn't have the cheese course but did the salad, entree and chocolate, loved the turtle and the smores.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I went for lunch, it's a nice quiet place. I never had fondue before so I wasn't sure what it would be like. We ordered the fiesta cheese, wasn't sure how spicy it would be so had it mild. Next time I would have a little more spice. Had the teriyaki marinated sirloin with the court bouillon cooking style. I was afraid the bouillon would take away the flavor of the marinade but it was delicious. It came with potatoes, mushrooms and broccoli. It was expensive but I found it worth the splurge. Next time I'll try chocolate fondue.