“"best kept secret of adirrondacks and lake george region"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wevertown
Dillon Hill Inn, B&B & Cabins
Ranked #1 of 2 Wevertown B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 30, 2012

just came back from a wonderful stay at dillon hill inn over memorial day weekend. it's off the beaten track, yet just a short drive away from lake george, and points north such as lake placid and lake saranac are easily accessible. and of course it is right by gore mt skiing.
the website doesn't do justice to the actual place. it's by far one of the best B&Bs we have stayed at. rooms are more than spacious, meticulously kept, with tasteful decorations, and rusty and comfortable furniture. the common area includes a music room with a grand piano, a TV room, a large dining room where breakfast is served, and a great room w large couches and a fireplace! all this is in addition to a screened in porch great for reading, sipping tea/coffee, and looking at the tranquil surroundings. there is also an outdoor deck where you can sunbathe. the outdoor space is very large, and landscaped. the inn also has 2 cabins, each has 2 bed 2 full bath full kitchen and living room, with outdoor grill and porch.
best of all, the host and hostess cannot be more hospitable and engaging. nina's breakfast is phenomenal! they made us feel right at home and cannot be more helpful recommending everything from what to do, where to eat, to what to see.
the town of wevertown is tucked away and provides a quiet retreat yet an excellent base to explore the surround area. there are numerous hiking trails and beautiful lakes nearby, and miles of scenic drive. museums, antique shops, lake george are all a short drive a way. in the nearby town of northcreek, there are a handful of nice restaurants. our favorite is bar vino, where there is an extensive list of wine and draft beer, and delicious tapas plates, we went twice!
all in all, a wonderful experience (not to mention very reasonable priced), and will definitely go back!

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice. cabins are good for large families where you can prepare your own meals an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travellerfr0mNY

Reviewed May 28, 2012

I love this Inn, we are going back as soon as possible! Beautiful Inn, the common rooms are gorgeous dotted with Adirondack furniture. The grounds are beautiful, while we ate the delicious breakfast we could watch Hummingbirds eat right outside the window. The room was cozy yet spacious, comfortable and very clean. The owners were very friendly and helpful with recommendations to local area attractions. It felt like we were leaving friends when we left. I would definitely recommend this Inn to family and friends...in fact I already have!
Thank You Nina and Mike, hope to see you again soon :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2012

We stayed at Dillon Hill Inn for a night this winter to go skiing at Gore Mt. The common areas of the inn were very cozy. The owners were very welcoming and helped recommend a great little restaurant in town. The room we stayed in was wonderful. The breakfast sealed the deal, it was so tasty.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmmaCb85
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed at this cozy inn with my husband and my parents in December of last year. We rented two of the very comfortable rooms in the main building, which were perfectly clean and retained a lot of family charm as they used to be the inn-keepers' children's rooms. The inn-keepers were very welcoming, helpful with information and good tips for what to do in the region, and prepared a most wonderful breakfast every morning!
We were also able to use the main living room of the house, which was perfect to spend a cozy evening reading in front of the fireplace. Coffee, tea, and delicious cookies were available at any time, which we loved.
The cabins that belong to the Dillon Hill Inn looked very nice too, and they seemed popular with families with children.
Overall, this is a great place to spend some downtime, and it's perfectly located to explore the Adirondacks.

Room Tip: Choose a room inside the main house if you want a great breakfast ready for you in the morning. Choo...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Travel-Tini85
Reviewed November 29, 2011

I planned a trip with my boyfriend to visit his family's Lake Luzerne cabin, and I use that word loosely. The structure had zero insulation and the walls between the rooms were slats of wood; the kitchen was straight out of the 1940s, as was the terrifying bathroom. I knew if I was going to make it out of this trip with my sanity intact I'd need a refuge from the crazy mother and total lack of privacy. Enter Dillon Hill. I was delighted to learn that Mike and Nina share my parent's names! What a giggle after I figured that out. They are genuine, down-to-earth people. The love and attention Mike and Nina dedicated to restoring the house astonished me. Mike's millwork is exquisite. Dillon Hill is so peaceful and quiet. We walked around the property, enjoying the gardens and flowers as well as the creek. The room was perfectly clean, comfortable and quiet. Staying there rejuvenated my soul and if I ever gather the bravery to travel up there again I will spend every night at Dillon Hill.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank harmst17
Reviewed October 21, 2011

We spent a memorable weekend together enjoying all the area had to offer. Besides the fantastic Bark Shed cabin we stayed in for 2 autumn nights, this Cabin and the B&B are central to several of the wonders of the area. We were just a short drive to Ausible Chasm, Lake George, Saranac Lake, Gore Mountain, Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain. All of which we were able to visit on our 2 day excursion. After our long days of exploring the area we came "home" to ready made beds, plenty of blankets, towels and wood for our indoor fireplace. The cabins have baseboard heat incase your not into building a fire. It was a damp weekend for our visit but that didn't put a damper on our plans. We would do it over again rain or shine. Proof is in the cabin design, wonderful woodwork and cozy yet roomy atmosphere of the cabin that Mike and Nina really take pride in their Cabins and Inn. Our experience was pleasant from booking the cabin to our goodbyes. Oh, if you live West or looking for a lovely fall drive during your visit, stop by Cooperstown. That was another added bonus of our trip. Just a little over 2 hours from Dillon Hill. Dillon Hill B&B Cabins was a stop in the right direction. We will recommend and visit this B&B again.

Room Tip: Bark Shed Cabin, everything you need included, just bring the food.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Julie W
Reviewed September 14, 2011

My husband and I and another couple booked a weekend at the Dillon Hill Inn this year. It was a last minute trip that we get but once a year these days, if we are lucky. We are very picky and were not disappointed by anything at this B&B. Mike & Nina were the kindest and most thoughtful Innkeepers we have ever met, and that is saying a lot. Their two dogs, T-Bone and Dillon (named after the Street), were adorable to watch. They did not enter the B&B part of the house and they did not bark. They simply added to the cozy & home-like ambience of it all. Their cat had a similar role. Our rooms were comfortable, clean, spacious and surrounded by windows overlooking the immaculately maintained gardens. All of the rooms and common rooms in the house had a beautiful rustic decor. Nina's breakfasts were absolutely delightful and she even went above and beyond to meet my dietary needs without spoiling anything for the other guests. They were very helpful in choosing restaurants for lunch and dinner as well. On our second night, we were exhausted from a long day of riding so we ordered in and Mike fired up the campfire for all of the guests. The amount of stars were incredible and it was a lovely evening. Mike and Nina treated us like old friends and we hope to be just that one day. They are very special people and we are happy to have met them. We will definitely be back whenever possible.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tannery but they all seemed to be equally decorated.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaisySKB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wevertown
Gore Mountain Lodge
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Lake George
The Fern Lodge
The Fern Lodge
#1 of 8 in Chestertown

Been to Dillon Hill Inn, B&B & Cabins? Share your experiences!