“Foodies weren't excited”

Cuisines: American
schwyz
“Foodies weren't excited”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Quiet rural interior, no trustbuilding waiters but food was ok. I likes the clams, overbaked with cheese and bacon. The Rest was mediocre, sorry to say that.

• Visited May 2014

Stowe, Vermont
“Good Food and Friendly and Genuine People”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Me and my girlfriend stopped in a couple months ago on our way to Lake Placid and I have been meaning to write this review ever since. We had stopped in as we were desperate for food on our trip. The server and who I presume was the owner were welcoming despite, what we later realized, they were just about to close. They didn't hurry us along or seem rushed at all. They server was very nice and so genuine. The food was good and better than most dinners i have been too. Upon leaving the dish washer was very friendly and invited us back.

Both of us are in the hospitality industry and know what good service is all about and the bottom line is you can find polite and friendly people are a dime a dozen but genuine people like these folks are rare and refreshing. If we are ever traveling by Westport again we will definitely be returning.

• Visited September 2013
Rye Brook, New York
“WORST FOOD EVER!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

This food was the worst ever! My wife had poached eggs that were raw and tasted like vinegar and full of water, hash browns unrecognizable cooked in rancid oil. My fried clams were horrible and tasteless and the fries that accompanied the claims, were so greasy I could not even try to eat one. The tartar sauce was unrecognizable as well. We could not eat any of this food, paid and walked out. It was horrible! The worst meal we ever had. McDonald's would equate to a five star restaurant compared to this! Stay away and save your money. TERRIBLE!

Visited September 2013
Upstate New York
“How can you mess up scrambled eggs”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This little restaurant changed hands in the last year from a lady and her daughters with a nice little place to get a decent meal to a greasy spoon. Like the title alludes to - bad. I ordered the breakfast items - the eggs were grungy gray and appeared to have stuck on the griddle. The bacon was about half cooked - and I never did get the hash browns. The waitress was more interested in her cell phone then giving customers service such as salt and pepper, ketchup (to kill the taste of the eggs.) or even that second cup of puny coffee. Customers at 7:30-8:00 AM on a workday were virtually non existent. My guess is - a new operator will be running the place or it will be closed up soon.

I really hate to be a 'downer' on a restaurant in this economy, but somehow, the operator needs to make a professional attempt at running a business where customers want to eat.

• Visited August 2013
Crown Point, New York
“Wow! What a find!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We were out and wanted a bite to eat when we had remembered an ad in our weekly paper. This site was in a small town that relies on tourists in the summer and locals in the winter. We were greeted by the owner who was very friendly and helpful with explaining any item on the menu. He treated us to delightful homemade doughnuts for our dessert, they were scrumptious and hit the spot. The prices were affordable for families and have told others about our find.

• Visited April 2013