“Good belly fill”

Baby Moon Restaurant & Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Baby Moon serves authentic Italian and Sicilian Cuisine.We can accommodate large parties,families or any size party.Our spacious dining rooms and pizzeria are comfortable and inviting.
San Luis Obispo
“Good belly fill”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was recommended to me by some friends in the area as a really good Italian restaurant. Well, the service was good, except for a waitress problem (more about that later), and the pasta portions were large. Aside from that it was average Italian fare, reasonably tasty, but nothing special. To start we had fresh mozzarella with basil and fried calamari. There were only three slices of cheese and two pieces of basil with the mozzarella. The calamari was not crispy enough and a bit oily. The oil was probably not hot enough and the calamari was a bit undercooked, not terrible, just not very good. The pasta dishes were large. I ordered the a shell fish with pesto and fresh tomatoes. It was a standard red sauce with pesto mixed in and a few shrimp with no visible clams or mussels. It seems that there were some clams chopped up in the dish. I had expected a true pesto sauce, but I guess I should have asked. My wife had bow tie pasta with broccoli, spinach, and mushrooms. Once again big portion, the sauce was a bit on the sweet side. Now back to the waitress. We ordered a Tuscan Chianti. It was out of stock and the waitress brought us a Sicilian wine saying it was the one replacing it, even though there was another less expensive Tuscan Chianti on the menu. Not a big deal, but a bit strange. Finally when I gave my credit card, the receipt was brought back and in the space where the tip was to be added the waitress had written over it saying "tips in cash appreciated". Because she had written over the tip space, it would have been difficult to add a tip to the credit card receipt. Why she did this is between her, the owner, and the IRS. But as a patron I don't want to be intimidated into leaving a tip in cash. I thought that was rude and tasteless. What good will might have been there evaporated. Overall, it was just okay, no need to go back there again. The food was unexceptional.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank tacowolf

Long Island
“Getting Worse Every Time”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been to Baby Moon many times through the years. It's gone from not great - to not good and finally to just plain BAD. The pizza is eatable. The entrees and sides stink. At this rate next time I go (hah!) I will catch ptomaine poisoning. Hey Baby Moon...Call Gordon Ramsey and BEG him to teach you how to cook maybe that will save you. Yuck.

• Visited March 2013
Malvern, Pennsylvania
“Parents had their first date here in 1974...now I take my kids!”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Parents had a first date back in 1974 when it was a pizza shack. I grew up going throughout the years and now have taken my twins....three generations enjoying a neighborhood favorite... enjoy and congratulations on so many great years!

Hampton Bays, New York, United States
“family friendly italian food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

enjoy eating there with the whole family. great food and friendly service, everything on the extensive menu is superb

Visited September 2012
Quogue, New York
“Our favorite spot in the summer!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We love, love Baby Moon. The Italian food is very good and portions are generous! The restaurant is always extremely busy but this just means that it is popular! Worth the wait! I recommend the tricolore salad for two; the whole bronzini; the veal piccata and more. We have made friends with the delightful manager and several of the wait staff. It feels like home every time we are there!

• Visited August 2012