“A cacophony of mish mash meets mosh pit!”
Review of The Beach Bakery

The Beach Bakery
Reviewed July 14, 2014

The Beach Bakery Cafe - the place where Feng Shui died. One would think that a place that finished a massive renovation and expansion in 2013 would have been planned to the smallest detail. Not so at the Beach Bakery. Inside you will find a serpentine mess of counters serving just about anything that will take up space (as long as it is Kosher.) The only problem is that it is not exactly clear where to order what and when and to whom to pay. Certainly a recipe for peacetime disaster when the seasonal throngs descend and say "I want this, give me that, and I didn't know you were waiting in line."

Add to the mix a woefully inept, inexperienced, possibly unintelligent staff, you get rude and sporadic service of baked goods whose quality has arguably been in decline for about 8 years (ask a local.) Couple that with the fact that the place has returned to Kosherhood after about an 18 month hiatus and you can no longer get a Mushroom Ham and Swiss omelette, BLT or a Bacon Cheeseburger and there really is no reason to put up with this place. They may have bitten off more than they can chew.

I defended the bakery for the better part of 10 years but no longer. Quoting a line from the movie Zoolander, "you're dead to me."

There are newer reviews for The Beach Bakery

Reviewed July 13, 2014

If you like loads of sugar and vegetable oil in your pastries, this is a bakery for you. Unfortunately this is the only bakery in Westhampton and lack of competition must be the reason why this awful place is still in business.

1  Thank epicurian2013
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

The bakery has undergone changes not for the better. I has high hopes for the new cafe but I have been disappointed most times I tried it.
Simon has chosen to go Kosher which is fine to cater to summer visitors. Hope he survives the winter when they all return to New York

1  Thank Solitude1
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Yes, the food is good, but today, I stood there dumbly while the two clerks behind the bakery counter instructed one another on how to do the job there. They chatted while I waited. Finally, the cherubic faced young woman looked up to wait on me. "Customers before in-hour chatter" -please, ought to be the motto. At 4:40 P.M. on a Thursday, they had run out of croissants, which ought not to happen. Why not bake enough? I settled for a bagel. I asked for whole wheat but I later discovered that it was just plain white flour. It was fresh, but it as not what I wanted. This not too well trained high school type did not know the difference between white flour and the darker whole wheat. How much training does that take anyway? Let's have some bright clerks here.

1  Thank Screaminglyfine
Reviewed June 18, 2014

My husband and I discovered Beach bakery about 6 years ago when we became a members of Westhampton community. Delisious, always fresh and divine food, almost available around the clock, staff is extremely professional and nice. Very hearthy dynamic and energy.
Love love love this place!!!