“My Grassmere”

Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
“My Grassmere”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Usually, I live in Bridgehampton however, I had a change of plans this Summer and I wanted to find a place that was cozy and not unlike my home. I called several places and when I spoke to Peter, the owner of the Inn, I felt a certain ease which is important because my stay was going to be one of many weekends in the Hamptons. His earnest nature and pleasant rapport made me feel at ease immediately. He accurately explained in detail the rooms and their availability. I happen to be a light sleeper and I slept perfectly during my stays. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly at all times. The rooms (well of course I have my Favorite******) are all quaintly designed with charming accents and decorations that add a special touch. It's a gem so if you find yourself heading to the Hamptons, The Grassmere Inn should be at the Top of You List on places to Stay.

Room Tip: You can't have mine but all the rooms are great. It depends on your needs and Peter will guide y...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Bedford Hills, New York
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Our family gets to the Hamptons once or twice during the summer, we stayed at the Grassmere this year and we were pleasantly surprised at every turn. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The staff are young and friendly, and the location is great for access to the town and the beach. The owner is constantly resent and making sure all the accommodations are comfortable. We have no complaints at all and i would recommend the Inn to those that don't want to venture as far as Montauk.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathroom some rooms share a bathroom.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Peter, the owner, treats his guests very well and has established a warm environment in the heart of westhampton. He offers advice on local attractions and the hotel's proximity to everything makes this a great choice when visiting the pricy hamptons.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Long Island, New York
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

The lady on reception was nice and helpful. The room was clean but extremely run down, bathroom shower held together with strapping tape, bed broke when we sat on it and we think $100 went missing when the bed was fixed.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Donna C
westhamptontennis, Owner at Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
I encourage anyone considering to stay with us to take the 30 seconds to read my response and feel free to call me at home 914 234 9462. Once again, I am happy that the guest felt our front office was courteous and helpful and the room was clean. Cleanliness, service, safety, and a great value are our priorities. All guests should know that it is wise to take precautions and not leave any valuables out anywhere. However, knock on wood, that has been a total non issue for us. We constantly test and tempt our staff to see if anything would disappear. EG We leave earrings and other jewelry in drawers. Money too large to be considered a tip under beds and on dressers, etc. Staff is even advised they are not to touch personal belongings. In other words, upon check in, guests are advised if they would like their beds made, they must keep all belongings off the bed. There is no evidence on the security tapes of anyone other than the person who looked at the bed (it came off the frame), entering the room. So, if by some chance something was taken, it could only have been done by one person. I believe there is zero chance of that happening. In fact, the guest did not advise us about this until check out. So, while perhaps she thinks it was taken, we do not believe that was the case. Re Shower. We thoroughly inspect each room. However, we can miss things. In this particular case we did. The shower is the handheld type with a flexible hose. It is true that there is a leak and unbeknownst to us, someone must have put a band aide on it. Within 30 minutes we replaced this.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Having been born and raised in NYC, it's amazing to have such a back-to-nature experience which is so close yet so far. Took us just over an hour by car compared to East Hampton which was close to two hours!! No fire engines, ambulances etc, just birds and the sound of waves in the distance. The walk to town is lovely and we saw a wonderful show at the performing arts center and purchased a signed Alexander Calder print at an art gallery called Wellington Fine Art. Left feeling like a new person!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Masontown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I found this place and decided to give it a try. It was awesome. The customer service from the staff was top notch It is located close to food, shopping, and the beach. I highly recommend it for a nice quiet getaway.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Grassmere Inn is everything you could ever ask for. I spent a weekend in Westhampton Beach with the wife and kids. The inn reminded me of a quaint tuscan country side inn, and the owners greeted us at the doors to take our bags and welcome us. The room was very comfortable and big enough for the whole family. For breakfast you can find something for everyone: cereal, muffins, fruit, and great coffee. The Inn is barely a 2 minute walk into town, where you can catch a comedy show on the weekends. Overall, we had an awesome experience with the Grassmere Inn.

Room Tip: Go for the sports lodge
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Colonial Shores Resort
Colonial Shores Resort
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!