“Great value!”

Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here with two friends and couldn't be happier with the value. We stayed over the 4th of July weekend and received the most accommodating service from the owner Peter. I would definitely recommend the Grassmere Inn and plan on going back before summer ends!

It was a pleasure staying there!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our three day visit to the B&B was perfect. The price was reasonable considering its location, the room was clean and neat. Breakfast was varied and plentiful. The house is located off Main Street on Beach Lane, making access to the town very easy. The town main street had quaint stores and restaurants. Just down the street was the beach. Peter Kaplan and his staff were very helpful in accommodating our needs. When I return to the Hamptons, I would return to this B&B.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We recently stayed four nights at the Grassmere Inn. Our stay could not have been more perfect. The Inn is absolutely charming, and it is SPOTLESSLY clean. Our beds were very comfortable, and it was very quiet, even though there were quite a few other guests. Breakfast was simple and good and the fruit salad was to die for. And the location is fantastic -- steps away from Main Street, and within walking distance to the beach. It doesn't get any better than that.

As other reviewers have noted, it is not just the accommodations that make a stay at the Grassmere so special: it's Peter Kaplan and his staff. Nicer, more welcoming people do not exist. From the first welcome at the front desk, we were made to feel like family. Every staff member was helpful and pleasant, and seemed genuinely interested in making our stay a pleasure. We just loved being there, and cannot imagine staying anywhere else in the Hamptons.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

As a born-and-raised southerner, I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I visited the Hamptons for the first time. But after spending 4 nights at the Grassmere, I already can't wait to go back again!

As most reviewers have noted, this place has the best location you can get in Westhampton. The beautiful house is situated right off of Main Street on Beach Lane. The beach is within walking distance and many afternoons I enjoyed a nice bayside run that offers views of all the fanously huge hampton houses.

But the charm of the inn certainly doesn't end with the location. Peter and his staff were all incredibly accommodating and always made sure to offer suggestions for activities during the day since I'm not a huge fan of sitting around on the beach all the time (I did do that one day and the beach was beautiful, though). I was originally booked to stay for two nights before I moved on to another inn in Southhampton, but I had such a great time at the Grassmere that I decided to see if I could extend my stay and Peter did everything to make that happen as smoothly as possible. Alina and Jackson at the front desk were also very knowledgable and had a hilarious rapport with Peter. I could tell that they are all like family to each other, and that's something you don't often find in the hospitality industry.

Because I extended my stay, I had the chance to stay in both the main building and the "sports loft" building in the back. While most people would probably prefer the main building, I loved the sports loft for it's privacy. All the rooms were very clean and the temperature was comfortable even though it was the middle of a New York heat wave!

Overall, I couldn't ask for a better time in the Hamptons. It certainly was nothing like the brand-name hotels I'm used to staying in, but The Grassmere is all the better for that because it actually offers charm, class, and a feeling of home-away-from-home.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank abow28
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The location is perfect - at the beginning of the Hamptons! A very short walk to the adorable town of Westhampton Beach where you will find restaurants, delis, cute shops, and things to do in the evening. Also located very close to the beaches.This B & B is a very old house with creaky floors - we love that but you cannot expect a glistening hotel - if you do then a B&B is not for you. The bed was comfortable, the room very clean and the staff is superb. Innkeeper Peter is a 'very go with the flow' type of guy who aims to please all guests. A delicious breakfast of fruit, cereal and pastry was awaiting us every morning. We could sit outside reading the morning paper, relax and plan the day. It was everything we wanted. And the price given the location is reasonable. We are going back next year. A happy find!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paula b
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband booked this b&b for our friend's wedding and based his selection on the so called #1 ranking it gets on Trip Advisor. Let me tell you something, the owner(s) do a good job of posting the only nice pictures of this place on the web. The whole experience was terrible, the room was old, outdated and downright sad. The hallways had tattered old carpets, the bathroom was unsanitary. Suggestion to the owner: reinvest in your business, it needs it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LizaNY1978
westhamptontennis, Owner at Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

To anyone interested in staying with us, please take 30 seconds to review our response.I am the Owner of the Grassmere Inn. I am quite sorry that this guest did not enjoy her stay.. Operating accommodations in the Hamptons are beyond difficult. The season is incredibly short and weekend oriented. However, the real estate and related expenses are a fortune. Regardless, whether one pays $50 or $500, there is no excuse for lack of sanitary conditions. We train our housekeepers to take their time but clean the rooms thoroughly. That is particularly the case with the bathrooms. I am curious which room this guest was in.. After housekeeping cleans a room, a front office person must inspect and sign off. In most cases, a second front office person must inspect and also sign off. They have no incentive to hurry, Their only incentive is that if they don't do a good job, they won't have one ! Re Carpet. We were in the midst of reclaiming all wood floors. We concentrated on the guest rooms first. The hallway carpet has already been replaced. The fact of the matter is, I don't even know how to post photos !! Sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. 99 % of our guests feel they are/were provided realistic expectations which were met or exceeded. And, virtually all remark how thorough our cleaning team does. In fact, even the handful who thought there were so called "nicer" hotels in the area, virtually all feel we are perhaps the cleanest and a good value. Peter

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had a great experience at the Grassmere Inn for our 2nd honeymoon! Peter and his staff were so courteous and accommodating throughout our three night stay. Even though it was the busy 4th of July of weekend, we had a great little room with peaceful nights and relaxing days. We will definitely return for another stay!

Room Tip: Privacy and character in the sports loft building.