“Super! Really friendly and helpful staff.”

Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast
Karlsruhe, Germany
“Super! Really friendly and helpful staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

The location was really nice, even if I strongly recommend to rent a car, because the beach is close by car. The inn met with our expectation. It was lovely, romantic in the middle of Westhampton, restaurants, small bars, cinema, shops are within walkin distance (a few minutes). The breakfast is fine, was included a lot of fruits, cakes and yoghurts (no cold cuts). The staff were extremely helpful, arranged everything for us (rent a car, taxi service, recommendations for good restaurants, highlights).
The room and the inn was old and not newly renovated, but that`s what it gives its beauty. We had a really nice time there with my boyfriend and I can recommend to everybody who would like to escape a little bit from New York and spend a relaxing night(s) in a romantic place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Terrific location 1 mile from the beach. The place is run by the nicest NY family with a true Long Island atmosphere. This is what the Hamptons should be all about. The main House is Vintage but very well kept. The rooms are clean and spacious. I read some of the reviews and I was very surprised as my experience was nothing like it. You should contact the owner directly for the best experience. He can fix you up with a true Tennis pro or a Division 1 tennis player. He also provides beach passes and great dinner suggestions. If you really want to enjoy the Westhampton experience, I recommend you come to the Grassmere Inn.

Little Egg Harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2011

What a wonderful, relaxing time I had at this cozy, friendly B&B! The staff was so courteous and really went out of their way to make me feel welcome, which was so appreciated as I was traveling alone. The room was clean and simple, and there was a lovely common area and beautiful porch to hang out on and chat with other guests, who were all quite friendly, interesting and from all walks of life and age groups. I'm looking forward to my next Hampton getaway, and will definitely be returning to Grassmere!!!! P.S. Also very close to town and beach. Everything is so convenient!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
new rochelle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2011

my husband and booked a 2 night stay here for mid June. I agree with every negative review I've just read - we experienced most of the problems. Rock hard bed, linty pilled blanket/cover, only one light in our room - a table lamp, frayed rug, disgusting bathroom. the bathroom had cracked and stained linoleum, mold on the bottom of the shower cutain, cracked shower wall and mold on the sink faucets. the fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine. if the room next door ran the shower (I am assuming it was the room next door) it sounded like it was in the bed with you. Breakfast was a joke - entemanns pound cake (I saw the box in the kitchen) cut up fruit and some cereal in little boxes. we did not stay the 2nd njght, but we left at around 8 pm that evening. There was a young girl at the desk and we explained why we were leaving - she offered to have the owner call us. My husband left our number but 3 days later we still have not heard from him. And if the owner does respond to this, please do not say the president of Israel stayed in the room. Oh, and there were little red ants on the door jamb in the bathroom

9 Thank longisland10968
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2011

It's a little rustic but they won't tell you otherwise. What's important is that it's clean, comfortable and relaxing. I was made to feel right at home. The location is great, central to everything the area offers. That being said, you don't have to have a car, which is refreshing. We went for the tennis and had an amazing time at the Academy. The instruction was first rate.

Room Tip: Ask. They are very open about room choices
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank newguy2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2011

We had a wonderful time at the Grassmere Inn and not far from the city. The people were friendly and the personal attention was great. Quaint guestrooms were clean, breakfast was very good and it was a convenient walk to the town and beaches.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank respite00
Merrick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2011

My family and I have stayed at The Grassmere many times. We LOVE it! The owners are friendly and so accommodating to all of our needs. The tennis is fabulous! The pros are top notch. The Grassmere itself is located close to the beach and walking distance to the beautiful, quaint downtown of West Hampton. The Inn is beautiful and a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Colonial Shores Resort
Colonial Shores Resort
#4 of 12 in Hampton Bays

Been to Grassmere Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!