“Nice place. Superb location. Clean. Friendly, helpful staff”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Westhampton Beach
The Ocean Resort at Bath & Tennis
New York City, New York
“Nice place. Superb location. Clean. Friendly, helpful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We booked six long weekends at this resort like hotel and just completed our first weekend. It was great. The weather was superb, and this being a beach resort, we got to use all the facilities. The staff is great, the property is very clean. The staff (all) are very helpful. Whether on the beach or at the pool, the staff sets up your lounger, with a comfort cushion (full size) and plenty of towels. Many rooms are owned by individuals but rent them out themselves are through the hotel. We went through the hotel (rates may be higher than thru individual rentals- but we knew that going in. Our room (and the other 2 that we will be in) are new, clean, crisp and have daily housekeeping included. Carlos, Heidi, Sharon and their TEAM are doing a great job. I would recommend this property- Oceanfront and Westhampton is a great town.

Room Tip: stay on the resort side (oceanside) room should face ocean/pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank stefanensler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Redding, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here because we were attending a wedding. The location is beautiful, the beach is wonderful, the accommodations are horrible. The wedding was wonderful. The food and the service at the cocktail hour and reception were well above what I would have expected. The room however was unacceptable for the $320 per night rate we paid. The room was very, very small. It appears that rooms are actually owned by individuals and are rented out as if they are owned by the Resort. Some rooms have been renovated and others haven't been touched in years. (We got to look at some of the other rooms of the wedding guests.) I am not sure where they took the photos of the rooms on their website, but I didn't see any rooms that looked like those. There is no consistency and no guarantee what you'll get. Our room fronted on to Dune Road. It was clean but the odor was beyond belief. The room smelled like we were on top of a #6 fuel oil tank. It is beyond belief how this Resort has been rated so high!

Room Tip: If you can get a room facing the pool you may have a better experience than we did. Other than that...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MarkTwain1910

Travelers are raving about these Westhampton Beach hotels

Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Needs upgrading, could be cleaner. Would not return. In fact we stayed only one night and would not have stayed then except we checked in a little late and didn't feel like trying to find another hotel. I made reservations from my iphone from the list recommended when I typed in West Hampton Hotel. The hotel was listed at 4 Star...but is really about a l.
Location nice, beach nice.

Room Tip: Chose another hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Fairfield, Ct
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed overnight here while attending a wedding. Agree with an earlier reviewer that the reception desk could not appear to be any more indifferent in attitude. They did look like a group of college students who did not want to be there.

We were first given a room across the street "overlooking the tennis courts," like that was a real draw (it was not). It was a rainy, cold day -when my husband and I drove over to the room, we noticed right away our car was the only one there. We walked into the room and were overcome by the fumes of bleach. Could barely breathe. I called the front desk and asked if there were any rooms available in the main buliding. They said they "didn't think so." I asked them nicely to please check as it would be somewhat inconvenient to walk across the parking lot and street in the rain while formally dressed for a wedding.

They said there were 2 left, so we promptly took one. Question: why didn't they give us one of those rooms to begin with? I don't understand that part, but will credit them at least for moving us so quickly.

It's too bad - the location is beautiful, but the place is to put it candidly, a dump. I can't believe we were charge $150 for the tiny smelly room we were in. Between the cool hospitality and the subpar conditions of the rooms, we would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel for the money.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank newcanaandiner
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed there for a wedding. The wedding was excellent, the cermony was on the beach!!!!! The food was excellent and everything else was perfect. The hotel part of which this review is about - we stayed on the bay side - the room was small - this room looked like it had a recent upgrade - everything worked and was OK. I think it depends on the room you get if it will be OK or not. Several people in the wedding were complaining about their rooms. Our were OK. Nice porch with neat chairs to relax looking at the marina. Staff was pleasant. Bed was very good. The only draw back on this room was it's size. It was packed tight with everything - ref, microwave etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Plano, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

The rooms smell badly. Toxic, almost. The smoke detector woke us at 1:30am and 2:00am. We changed rooms at 2:20am. Another toxic room. The cleaning staff leave doors open while cleaning the rooms.... alas, bugs flying all around the room all night. The tubs and toilets and tabletops are from the 1960's. Also... no restaurant or food or bottled water available. We seriously considered sleeping in our car due to the overwhelming odors and general un-clean feeling of the place.
It is a shame really. This motel resides on a beautiful property on a great beach in a fabulous town. I would not recommend this motel/hotel to anyone. Sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Find another hotel, any hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank xjohnso
cgibbon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for two nights and I wish I had read the online reviews (nearly all of which are poor) before making a reservation.
First, when I called to reserve our stay they told me the soonest dates they had available were the two days after Labor Day (which was two months away from when I called), so I accepted those dates. What they did NOT tell me was that their restaurant CLOSED ON LABOR DAY, so that there was nowhere to eat a meal, or even get a cup of coffee or glass of wine, water or anything at all to eat or drink ANYWHERE ON THE PREMISES. And, they are a few miles from the nearest town! I was there with my 6 year old, so we spent $50 a day on taxi fares (to say nothing of the inconvenience of having to call for a taxi, wait for the taxi, etc) to go back and forth from the town to get meals each day. We could have bought stuff at the supermarket, and we did, but there were no cooking facilities in the small rooms, and living on cold bagels eaten in a tiny room every day is not exactly a resort experience.
When I expressed my dismay at check-in (I discovered the above when I casually enquired where the restaurant was) they had no concern whatsoever.
There are many minor things wrong with the Westhampton Bath & Tennis, which add up to a poor experience even if they had bothered to let me know their restaurant was not going to be open at the time they booked me in (to cite a few: rooms are basically the same as in a Motel 6 (but Motel 6 does not call itself a resort and charge hundreds of dollars a night); eg, tiny rooms, cardboard walls, industrial-strength lighting switched on all night right outside the window, with no curtains to block (just flimsy venetian blinds which let most of the light in).
We bought a Travelzoo deal which was a discount, but a discount should not mean substandard. I give it two stars because of the beach and also the pool, which was a good size.

It is a shame that they use their prime position on the lovely beach to provide such a poor service. It means I not only don't want to return to this establishment, but I don't want to return to Westhampton, or to buy another travelzoo deal either, since I wonder if those deals are all just subpar places looking to make a quick buck without any concern for return customers.

Room Tip: Mine was overlooking the tennis court and was poor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 12 in Hampton Bays
The Hamlet Inn
The Hamlet Inn
#2 of 8 in Southampton

Been to The Ocean Resort at Bath & Tennis? Share your experiences!