Review of Portage Pie

Portage Pie
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Westfield
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Our pies are made fresh daily, by hand. You can stop in to see what we have, but we recommend ordering in advance to ensure your favorite variety. Give us a call during business hours to place an order.
Euless, Texas
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Delicious beyond words. Hands down, wins any contest, anywhere! The apple crumb is a piece of heaven.

Visited July 2013

NE PA
“Brought back childhood memories.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I've been hearing raves about Portage Pies from neighbors and finally decided I needed to try my favorite - raspberry. I had been told that the pies are made from local fruit and that the pie crust was flakey and tender. I had very high expectations as I have been told I make an excellent pie crust. Their pie did not let me down and they deserve 5 stars and all the praise they are getting.
The pie looked beautiful with a perfectly made real lattice crust. My first bite into the pie, filled with lots of red raspberries, was heaven. Immediately, it took me back 20 years to when my mother made fresh raspberry pies. It was tart but not too tart - just the right ratio between sweet and sour. The crust was light and flaky and crumbled easily in my mouth. This pie was perfection.
I cannot wait to try the other pies. Portage Pies does it right and they do it the old fashioned way.
If you are ever in the Lake Erie area of PA or NY, Portage Pies is a must.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank nedoc
Buffalo, New York
“Delicious!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I had the strawberry rhubarb pie, it was amazing. I did order ahead of time based on the stores recommendation. Next I want to try the grape pie if I ever get the chance to go back.

Visited June 2013
Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
Reviewed May 24, 2013

A friend told me about Portage Pie, after church one sunday I stopped by and was lucky to get an apple pie as they were just about sold out of everything, brought it home to the family, it was a hit! delicious! crust was amazing! can't beat the flavor, we also love the raspberry, blackberry, mixed fruit, peanut butter is just wonderful, Connie is such a nice, warm, friendly person..If you love great homemade pies, you need to stop in..

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Bella4748
Erie, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Berry good”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My first visit to Portage Pies came on Pi (π) Day, a fun celebration of mathematics. Owner and pie baker Connie Thayer was busy scooping vanilla ice cream on top of warm slices of raspberry, blackberry and apple, fresh from the oven. Each time the door opened a few more visitors trickled in for a taste, drawn by the buttery aroma. Not a one left empty handed. It was torture making up my mind, so I picked out two pies - key lime and raspberry. When in season, most of the fruit comes from local growers and the Thayers' own orchards.

Be sure to add Portage Pies to your itinerary on your next visit to Lake Erie Wine Country, a ribbon of 23 wineries along the southern shore of Lake Erie in New York and Pennsylvania.

• Visited March 2013