“Dated, but real italian”

Calarco's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 24 Restaurants in Westfield
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Our dining room has just had a new facelift! It is bright & cheery with all new lighting and updated decor. We are open for lunch weekdays from 11:30-2 & dinner hour on Sun.4-8 Mon.,Wed.,Thurs. 4:30-8:30, Fri.& Sat. 4-9. Closed Tuesdays. Homemade specialties include all our sauces, lasagna, soups, meatballs, desserts, dressings, eggplant parmesan & the best creamy cole slaw. We have a large wine list and a full service bar room.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Place is a bit dated, actualu quite dated, but the food is good. Prices are more than reasonable. Service is good, small staff that works hard. Their sauce is sweet, but thats the way my aunt used to make it. I had chicken parmesean, which was very good. Everything is home made.
Salad bar was very small, but the homemade dressings and soup are delicous. Very casual dining. I will be back

There are newer reviews for Calarco's Italian Restaurant

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was there for dinner tonight with my family. I had a small portion of their spaghetti and meatballs. it was delicious! I had their turtle cheesecake for dessert. it was very good!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

We visited Calarco's when we were staying in Westfield one weekend in May. Stepping in the door, you notice the dated décor and awkward entry. Plastic leaves and grapes were draped here and there and some fabric was draped across the front window. We were seated quickly. Only a few tables, with 2 diners each, were occupied. This was around 6PM on a Saturday night. The wait staff seemed to be a one-girl-band. She seated us and took our order. We started with the garlic cheese bread. It was a generous portion and included a marinara dipping sauce. As we dined, the place began to fill up - including a table of 10. Still one server. We ordered the veal parm dinner and spaghetti and meatballs. The dinners included a trip to the small salad bar. I haven't seen a salad bar like that since the 70s. There was evidence of a soup offering near the salad bar, but only remnants of a soup were in that container. The veal was burnt and tough on the edges but the spaghetti was good. The spaghetti and meatballs was a good portion and quite delicious. I liked the meatballs. The sauce is sweet to a fault, but once I added red pepper flakes, it brought down some of the sweetness. The server seemed rushed at some tables, but stood and talked with some of the patrons at other tables. A good cleaning and update would be nice. Overall, we had a good meal. We like to frequent family restaurants, rather than chain restaurants. We may give this place another try when in the area.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

A four-generation family offering authentic Italian fare in a neighborhood friendly atmosphere.
While the decor hasn't changed much in the last 20+ years, I go for the excellent tomato sauce and varied menu. This is one of the few restaurants that still serves my favorite liver and onions (with/without bacon). Service may be slow but the soup of the day and unlimited salad bar help in the wait. If you are in a hurry, try the nearby McDonald's. The repeat couples and families from Westfield testify to the economy provided to eating out without sacrificing on quality or quantity. I almost always leave with a box for lunch tomorrow.

Gini G, Owner at Calarco's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Thank you for the nice review. We did a lot of renovating in the dining room in March and everyone has been very pleased with the changes. Fresh colors on the walls and all new lighting have made a huge difference.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

We go to Calarco's when we are in Westfield. The food is wonderful. The service is good too. If they are really busy then sometimes the service may not be as fast as if you are the only person in the restaurant but who wants to go to a place that folks don't frequent right? We have brought many of our friends to this place and all our guests said the food was excellent. The red sauce is to die for. Thanks Calarco's for providing such great food to those who visit. The prices are reasonable as well.

1  Thank Danandjaynewestfield