“Gem on Lake Erie”

Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Westfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Having never stayed in a B & B before, I was expecting to feel awkward staying in another person’s home with my husband and young teen son, and some of our extended family. This fear was quickly put at ease by our hosts, starting with their immediate and sincere concerns that they would be able to accommodate my son’s restricted diet. Lesley and Roger have a gift for serving, and caring about people. They have an intuitive knack for knowing when it is okay to engage in friendly, and real conversation that makes you feel as if you are among old friends, yet respecting their guest’s space, and not dominating their guest’s time. They are truly at your service, taking great delight in seeing families spend time together. Not only were they not “put out” by our late night campfire gathering on their outdoor patio, in their lovely yard, but they enthusiastically encouraged it, and hoped we would enjoy the outdoor jacuzzi as well. It almost seems a bonus that the Lakeside accommodations are so beautiful and comfortable, and the breakfasts so delicious, unique, wholesome, and beautifully laid-out. Though the lovely home and yard might have been somewhat lost on my son, he is pestering to go back because he loved the breakfast so much! He also enjoyed the lake view from the porch, yard and guest living room, walking across the street to the little wharf and adjacent beach with the little cliffside waterfalls, and we all thought it was great that we could walk about a block beyond the wharf to another beach and have dinner at one of two (or three) beach side restaurants. That weekend in June so exceeded expectations, that I just stayed there again, a few months later, with my sisters and mom, and had another wonderful, and relaxing time.

Room Tip: Our bedroom had a king sized bed with a view of the backyard and vineyard, and connects with a door...

Reviewed September 26, 2013

This was my second stay at Lakeside and definitely not my last. Leslie & Rodger are wonderful people! The rooms are clean and welcoming and the breakfast was awesome. Loved just hanging out on the porch such a beautiful place. Look forward to my next stay!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The accommodations, property and view are beautiful and inviting. Leslie and Rodger are amazing hosts. Genuine and welcoming. I look forward to a long relationship with Lakeside Bed & Breakfast as part of our future family gatherings.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
LAHazen, Owner at Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Renee, you and your family have become like extended family to us. It is such a pleasure to watch everyone enjoy the area, our amenities and each other. It is heart-warming to see the warmth you all have for one another and the pure joy of being able to get together. We look forward to providing that for you all any time you need us!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Our stay at Lakeside was delightful... The bed and breakfast was beautifully decorated, and the breakfast our host Rodger prepared was both delicious and visually stunning! I hope we get to visit again since the property has amenities we did not have time for on that first visit--beach access, hot tub! A great travel value.

Room Tip: The LaDue room has the lovely antique furniture imported from France.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the kind review. We agree that next time you need to plan an earlier arrival so you can enjoy all that we have to offer. Your room awaits!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

While motorcycling across the country, I needed a place to rest my weary bones and my wife found Lakeside B & B on Tripadvisor. A wonderful home located right on Lake Erie was the ticket for a great place to stay, sleep, and eat good food. The hosts, Rodger and Lesley could not have been more gracious and accommodating, and made me feel like family. I would stay here in a second ! The morning breakfast was first rate; quality coffee, OJ, fruit and the best french toast I've ever had, no kidding !! Next time I visit this part of the country, I'll bring my wife and would not miss a chance to stay here again. Thanks Rodger and Lesley, you guys are great !! Sorry for the delayed review.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leyhaz, Owner at Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dan, we are delighted your wife was your navigator and chose our beautiful spot for your stop. We look forward to the time when you bring her with you when you come back to the area so we can meet her and she can experience it along with you. We enjoyed meeting you and hope your visit to Philadelphia was everything you hoped for. Thanks for your comments on the Keurig. It seems to be a hit! Thank you so much for your high praise. It means a lot to us.

Rodger and Lesley Hazen

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have stayed in many bed and breakfast locations both in Europe and the United States. The Lakeside Bed and Breakfast was one of the best we've stayed at and was excellent value for money. The location was very peaceful, the house was nestled between the beach and a vineyard. The location allows for day trips to Chautauqua Lake, Wine Country, Erie, and Niagara Falls. The house was beautiful, comfortable and clean. We enjoyed relaxing on the property and the pleasant surroundings. You can rest, with a lake view, in a cozy front room, on the porch, around the fire pit, or even in the hot tub! There was a Keurig Brewing System available at any time. Each morning we had a delicious, two-course breakfast. Lesley and Roger (the owners), were friendly and approachable. I would definitely recommend the Lakeside Bed & Breakfast to all!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tupper room. This was a very peaceful room on the side of the house. It had an ensu...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
LAHazen, Owner at Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

Thank you so much for the review and photos! It's always nice to see things through the eyes of our guests. We look forward to your return with friends and family and continue the pampering! It was great fun for us to watch you relax and enjoy some of what our little corner of the world has to offer.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

I want to thank Leslie and Roger for their hospitality! This place was great. Price was very reasonable. It was a very pleasant experience for my older son and my wife that stayed with me at this very charming location right on the lake at Barcelona Harbor on Lake Erie. It literally is just across form the harbor so if you want to take a boat with you on Lake Erie it would be perfect. They had a nice Hot tub out side to use as well. We will definitely return there again. We had the back bedroom with the King size bed and we sleep wonderful there. I didn't here any complaints form my son either. Note: There was no TV in the room so I had to learn to read a book. Oh darn my wife was very happy!

Room Tip: Back rooms are quitter if you are a light sleeper. The back two rooms also connect if you choose to...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
Holiday Inn Express & Suites North East
#1 of 1 in Clymer
William Seward Inn
William Seward Inn
#3 of 4 in Westfield

Been to Barcelona Lakeside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!