“Wedding excellence”

Dining options: Reservations
Roosevelt, New York
“Wedding excellence”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Westbury manor is an excellent place for a wedding. The grounds are beautiful. They have peacocks and parrots. The gardens are very nice. The service and the food is excellent. I just came from a wedding there and loved it.

• Visited July 2013

Albany, New York
“Great Wedding Venue”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently attended a wedding here. I have to say for a venue that had three events going on simultaneously this place has it nailed for providing excellent service. The food was fantastic, certainly not your average wedding food. The spread was impressive by any measure and none of the food lacked in flavor or presentation. What impressed me the most about this place was the staff. These guys have some great bar and service staff. They had enough people to keep everything running smooth but not too many that you felt out numbered by them. The bartenders were super, they knew what you wanted after one drink order and provided excellent and fun service. The grounds were incredible and in early spring everything was in bloom and green. The exotic birds roaming freely among the guests was an added bonus that puts them at the top of the list in the event venue business. I have no benchmark to compare them to in Westbury or the surrounding area but I can't imagine there are many places that can match or beat them in their business. I can't think of a critique really so I had to give them 5 stars. I didn't pay since this was a wedding but I can't imagine they are inexpensive. It doesn't matter really when you get what you pay for.

• Visited April 2013
Westbury, New York
“Lovely”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love going there for a special dinner but timing is everything. There is live (i.e. loud) music most nights in the bar so the adjoining dinning room is very loud....my husband and I actually like to talk while we're dining. If you go on a week-end there's usually a wedding going on because it's a very popular spot....so it gets tough to maneuver the parking. That said, the food and service is always exceptional.

Visited January 2013
PA
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My nephew had his wedding here and from the food to the decore to the staff, there was not one complaint. Top notch and first class. For example, my daughters steak was supposed to be cooked well done, but came out bloody. We returned the steak, but seemed to take forever to get back. We notified the manager, who was very appologetic and 5 minutes later, a perfectly done steak.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank vinijohn
Freeport, New York
“Not Organized”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found this venue online and the function rooms were quite nice so I decided to email the coordinator with all the details of the event. Their manager replied and provided all the information I needed (price, inclusions, menu). She invited me for a show-around so I scheduled it the week after. Upon arrival, the manager was not immediately available so her colleague asked us about the details of the event. We told her that we already communicated all the details with the manager and we were there just for the tour but still insisted to fill up the form which was a bit annoying. Moments after, we spoke with the manager and was told that they do not accept bookings for less than 25 guests which she did not mention in her email at all. Then she asked again for the date of the event, (obviously not prepared and organized), went and checked her schedule and came back to tell us that the date we chose was booked the night before. Had she informed us that it was booked, we would have not wasted our time going to that place. She was apologetic though and provided us another option which is to book their restaurant but I just thought the way they do business was disappointing and disorganized. The brighter side of it was we did not really fancy the place. It was old and tired and needs some work done. Pricing and location was good, venue was just okay but I don't recommend it.

Visited February 2013