“Awesome”

Famous Dave's
Ranked #9 of 108 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I never been to this place before and have to say the service was great and the food was awesome and they have a good size menu to choose from also good for family meals. If you love chicken and ribs this is the place.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We always have good food here. The service is sometimes a little off, but never bad.

We wish they would put something on the table to snack on, like maybe some chunks of cornbread or something so we can taste all the different sauces while we wait.

Portions are huge here, and the food is always tasty and comes pretty quickly.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I called in an order, it was forgotten. I arrived early, and nothing was done about it. Instead of comp'ing my food, after my hour wait, I was given a $10 giftcertificate so I could come back and try again. I used it at another location.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ate at bar one evening and arrived 2 minutes before Happy Hour ended and Bartender stayed away from me until after 7 so he wouldn't have to serve me prior. No big deal but I see this a lot at restaurants with Happy Hours where staff freezes up at time it ends and doesn't know whether to serve or not serve a "last drink" for Happy Hour. And believe me it is more uncomfortable for me than it is for them because it makes me think they don't want to serve me. Just come over when I arrive, let me know that I just missed happy hour and give me happy hour times and the world is right again. Most importantly, I didn't go there for happy hour, I went there to eat.
I ordered dry Memphis ribs half rack with side of beans and fries and food was good. Ribs had a lot of flavor and tender. One thing I found odd was they give you a corn muffin with your meal but it is still in it's paper muffin cup it baked in...just weird in my opinion. Cook up the same batter (corn muffin was good) and make it as a bread and slice off a couple pieces instead of the way it is presented now. JMO

1  Thank Brian D
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Food is OK. Spare ribs were tough but the chicken was good. We did enjoy the sides (cole slaw, corn bread).