“Ayhan's is Great”

Ayhan's Shish Kebab
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed October 2, 2008

Having been to all of Ayhan's restaurants on Long Island many times with the exception of the location in Plainview and the Fish Kebab in Port Washington I can tell you his kebabs are A+. In fact Ayhans has turned out to be my family's first choice of restaurants when we're on Long Island (we live in Queens, 2 miles from the Long Island/New York City border). The gyro (doner) meat is to die for and so are the greek salads. His filet mignon and chicken kebabs are also tasty. The shrimp kebab is okay, a little bit drier than my preferred taste. One thing to note is that having eaten at the Westbury, Rockville Centre, Port Washington and Baldwin location I believe that the Port Washington location offers the tastiest food and is also the freshest. For some reason the location in Baldwin is frequently off when it comes to gyro sandwiches as the greek salad is often not as fresh as it could be. Othen than those small gripes Ayhan's is first class. Recently Ayhan's has been offering a lobster special (with bread, salad, rice and vegetable included) for $17.95 on Mondays and Tuesdays. It's a hell of a bargin and very scrumptious. I had it at the Rockville Centre location and not sure about the other locations offering this special.

1  Thank mrtracey

Reviewed November 25, 2007

The Port Washington location is down the street from my mother in law's house, and I make repeat visits every time I'm in town. We always get great service and great food, and lots of it. There's something for everyone, as well -- we had no qualms taking friends and their 3 year old daughter to the restaurant.

My husband and I love the spinach pie, the hummus, and the meat/lamb doner meat; however, this past visit, we discovered the true gem: the Sunday brunch. Be sure to starve yourself before going, because you will want to go back for seconds, thirds, fourths... tenths.

A few doors down is a Mediterranean market owned by the same family. You can take out sandwiches, and salads, or you can buy grocery items to take home. Did I say the hummus is to die for?

1  Thank raincitygirl