“Total Surprise!!! :)”
Review of Tesoro Ristorante

Tesoro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Tesoro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 105 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Comfortable atmosphere and professional service and fine dining with your choice of atrium room overlooking natural setting or main room with full bar where it all happens, or our private dining room with warm fireplace setting the mood bon-appetite !!
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

Ok, we found this place on Opentable for Sunday night at 9:45pm driving home from the Hamptons to Park Slope.
We expected it to be "fine", typical Long Island restaurant with food that's just "ok".
It was very late and Sunday as I mentioned, so we knew it would be quiet. We were surprised the food took so long to be served because of this....but now we know why!
They were actually making our food fresh! Mind you, we do NOT go out for Italian often as we feel it's very heavy. The food was AMAZING! I had the chicken toscano and the tomato sauce was beyond incredible! We actually took home 1/2 our food as the servings were very Long Island large, and we HATE to take food home! That will tell you how good the food was! Again, this was a total surprise! We can't WAIT to make this our Sunday late night dinner stop off!!!
Joseph, you were a great waiter too!!!

1  Thank TravelGirl504

Reviewed April 20, 2012

Enjoyed a good mix of fish & beef, the wine was great, mashed potatoes turned out well. One of my partners really liked the salmon.

2  Thank jmkopchik
Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I went on a friday night and thoroughly enjoyed our meal. We had gnocchi Bolognese and Veal Castagna (veal with mozzarella cheese in a brown sauce with chestnuts). The service was great too! We totally recommend this restaurant. Not a romantic place or quiet atmosphere but absolutely delicious food!

2  Thank jcaa20
Reviewed February 21, 2012

My wife, daughter and I had been nearby and it was getting toward dinner time. We had been there to Tesoro a few years ago for a catered party and decided to try it again. At the party, my wife remembered they served family style and loved the food, especially the meatballs in tomato sauce.
We got there about 6 pm and the place started filling up soon after we were seated.
Although there were no meatballs and sauce on the menu, the waiter offered to have a dish made if she wanted. All of the food was excellent. My wife had broiled fish in a light cream sauce, topped with shrimp; my daughter had mixed seafood platter that could have feed two easily and I had veal in a brown sauce topped with walnuts. Everything tasted homemade with quality products. The service was excellent. Not pushy, but attentive. Water glasses always filled without asking; same with refilling our wine glasses. Even though the restaurant had groups waiting at the bar for a table, they did not attempt to hurry us out the door. Food was very reasonably priced for the quality - main courses were high teens to mid twenties.

1  Thank ljsamson
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Yes, the food is awesome but it's the personilty of that "Tony" that makes you return time and time again. Plain and Simply put! You're at home, the minute you step through the door.! Don't you dare miss it! Atmosphere is great.....Love that Mario too...........