“Go early, open seating at the bar”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #28 of 103 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Levittown, New York
“Go early, open seating at the bar”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Get there by 5:30, open seating at tables in the bar area. Service was great, food outstanding. Just don't go on a weekend. New waitstaff and managers.

• Visited June 2012

Hicksville, New York
“outback steakhouse”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We have learned over time (since it is just two of us) to wait for a table at the bar. The tables there are first come first serve and it actually seems quieter.
Our food was good as was the service. Looking forward to a return visit

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank inky19
Seaford, New York
“Good eats at inexpensive price”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

We stopped by for a dinner meal and found this place to have excellent service, great food and was reasonably priced. There was little wait for a table and once seated, the service was prompt. Of course you can't go there without having the "bloomin onion" and as usual,--it was great. The steaks (rib eye) were done to perfection and the honey sweet potato fries hit the spot along with the side of mushrooms.
No matter where you live, you should try the Outback for a meal. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“not what it used to be. . . .”
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I remember coming here years ago and loving it - but no more. They have updated and the place looked clean, which is more than I can say for the bayside location, however. . . We were seated at a time when the restaurant was practically empty. It took at least 10 minutes for the waiter to take our drink and appetizer order. The drinks and appetizers were good and I was hopeful for the dinner. The dinner took 1/2 an hour to come out from the time we ordered it. The waiter passed us at least 4 times only once did hesay the food was coming but did not offer to refresh our drinks or apologize for the wait. When it arrived all of the steaks were cooked to the wrong temperature. It just seemed like nobody really cared if we were happy or not. We actually couldn't wait to leave.

• Visited January 2012
Wood Ridge, New Jersey
“Really gone way downhill”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

It saddens me to find that this place has really gone downhill since I was here a year ago. I used to come here a lot when I lived on Long Island, now its just when I come for the occasional visit to the parents.

The decor has been updated since I was here a year ago for the better. What's different? Service and Quality of food. It was 4:30pm on a Friday, the place wasn't crowded at all EXCEPT for the 5 groups of people waiting up front to get a seat. For at least 10 min, there was no one there to sit any of us. And there were plenty of seats as the place wasn't even half crowded.

As we got our appetizers we gout our usual...the boneless buffalo strips which they specified serves 4. Well we received 4 chicken nugget sized pieces...for $8. Are ya kidding? We were used to getting twice that amount plus larger strips. Plus the waiter had the audacity to give us blatantly dirty plates for the strips (top plated had melted cheese on the side and some green onion flattened on the plate) Next screwup...dinner. I ordered a simple teriyaki filet medallions on a skewer. Again the "medallions" were tiny only this time they were really undercooked. I asked for medium and it was gray in the middle when you cut it open.

I used to love this Outback but will never come here again unless I hear it has new management and chefs. This place is now overpriced, with bad service and cooks. They must really be cutting back.

• Visited November 2011