“Good food - BUT”

Mamma Theresa's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 105 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We enjoy the food here, but the NOISE is unreal in this place. You can hardly hear yourself talk, let alone other with you. Also, the lines are usually out the door on weekends. They need more room. The food is really good and they give you plenty of it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had some errands to run in Westbury on thursday so after taking care of some business at Century21, I was feeling a little hungry. I asked the clerk at C21 about good food in the area, and she directed me to Mama Theresa's. And she was right, the food was good! The atmosphere is pleasant enough and the help was attentive. I was seated immediately even at lunchtime so consider myself fortunate. They have an incredible carry out business and adds to the excitement of the restaurant. I had a stuffed mushroom appetizer that was good and the lemony bath that it was in was good for sopping with bread. The hanger steak special that was offered was better than ok, but there was so little meat in a sea of fries that I wish it came on a smaller plate-- you know... perspective. I only sampled the fries and finished with a cup of coffee. Price was reasonable and did not feel either great or terrible about the experience. If you want good food in a nice environment, you'll do well here.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I went here back in October 2012 and ordered an Unsweetened Iced Tea. I received it and thought I saw a lemon pit in the Iced Tea....but it wasn't a pit but a BUG. I informed the waiter and he only deducted the cost of the beverage from my bill which I thought more should have been done to keep me happy as a customer and get me to come back. I had been going to this restaurant since I moved to the area over 10 years ago but probably won't be going back anytime soon. I mentioned the issue on the way out of the restaurant to the owner and she did not seem to be too concerned about it. I wanted her to know so maybe they can look into this issue....and prevent it from happening again. If you go here, be on the lookout for bugs in your beverages and who knows where.

3  Thank NMP9863
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stopped in for lunch - the smell when you walk in is intoxicating. Had an excellent Ceasar Salad & Slice; my daughter had a pizzetta. All was delicious and reasonably priced. Lunch including 1 glass of wine was $28. Would definately go there again if I lived in the area!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This restaurant has great food and great value. I have eaten here several times and never been disappointed. It's not fancy, but has a pleasant, cozy atmosphere. Although I usually have pasta here, the fish dishes are very delicious. This is a nice restaurant for families.

1  Thank PennyAmouyal