“Birthday fun”

Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We are part of frequent Houlihan's email club, definitely join. We got nice promotion and enjoyed dinner in the bar area. Was quiet so all good. Husband had the chicken parm and I had rosemary chick. Both were very good.

1  Thank CathyMulex
Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We're so glad you enjoy the benefits of our email club, and our fresh-from-scratch menu items. We look forward to serving you again soon. - Alex, Houlihan's Marketing

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Decent meal, what you'd expect from these type of chain restaurants.
I had a hamburger, my wife had the Asian chicken salad.
Met our expectations for a quick, casual dinner.

Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you again soon! - Alex, Houlihan's Marketing

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I love this place. Since we first discovered it we've become somewhat regular customers.
We eat out a lot and what we like about houlihans is that everything is good. Not just a few specialties like so many other places.
Houlihans is good across the board. Extensive menu with quality food in respectable quantity, great drinks & tapps. And a real nice atmosphere with prompt & friendly staff.
Don't think twice !

Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're so glad to hear you enjoy our fresh-from-scratch menu items, and our service! We look forward to serving you again soon. - Alex, Houlihan's Marketing

Reviewed April 8, 2014

Had a great meal and great service. It was my girlfriends birthday and I wanted everything to go smoothly . Appetizer was Calamari, cooked perfectly, not rubbery. Main course was Jambalaya, spicy and the rice done to perfection. Dessert was absolutely the best. Caramel Apple pie with a scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream..I've eaten here a few times and never had a bad meal or service.

Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're glad to hear everything went well for the birthday celebrations! We look forward to serving you again soon. - Alex, Houlihan's Marketing

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've been to many of the American, bistro style restaurants, lately, which makes for timely comparison. I first encountered Houlihan's, in the 1980s, when they were located on the Garden City side of Roosevelt Field Mall. I enjoyed the fresh bistro style and good quality food. I was disappointed when that location closed. Years passed without me visiting a Houlihan's, but I eventually discovered the new location, on Merrick Avenue, along the western edged of Eisenhower Park.

During my latest trip to Long Island, I tried for days to convince my mother to have lunch with me at Houlihan's. I even drove into the parking lot, once, but that time, she decided she wanted someplace cheaper. My mother lives nearby, in Hempstead, where I grew up, but she had never been. Finally, on the last day of my trip, she agreed to visit Houlihan's. Last year, I ate at Houlihan's just outside Dulles Airport, in Virginia, so I already had an idea what to expect. At some point, the chain updated their décor, from what it used to be in the 1980s. The newer décor is darker and richer. The food standards are still good with good sized burgers at a price that is competitive with place like Shake Shack, but with much better service and atmosphere. Free refills on sodas and free wifi rounded out the experience. In the class of restaurant, Houlihan's and TGIFridays seem to be the leaders, although they have a different feel. Houlihan's seems more adult. It's more quiet, with a classier feel, as opposed to Friday's loud, casual atmosphere. It all depends on the mood you're in. You can have a conversation without shouting, at Houlihan's. My only disappointment is that the portion of fries with my burger seemed small. There are lunch deals, but they are smaller portions than dinner. Even my mother liked the restaurant, in the end.

Alex H, Public Relations Manager at Houlihan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We're glad to hear you enjoy our made-from-scratch menu items and atmosphere. We look forward to serving you again soon! - Alex, Houlihan's Marketing