“Westbury's Finest”

Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The HGI Westbury ranks as my favorite hotel for travel, mainly because of the staff employed there. I once wrote a negative review for a Homewood Suites in Melville, but I'm thrilled to say that this was the complete opposite in a sense that it was such a delight to be there. Stephanie, amongst others, was extremely helpful at the front desk throughout my two weeks there to a point where we could have banter back and forth. She even befriended a few colleagues of mine that were also staying at the hotel and it made for a very friendly atmosphere. In addition to her, Fernando was such a delight every morning at breakfast. I felt like I couldn't start my day without getting a glass of orange juice or a cup of coffee from him. His attitude was a great way to welcome the new day. In addition to them, I believe Eric is a bartender there who was very personable as well and we had a nice conversation with another guest that was staying at the hotel. Top to bottom this is my favorite place to stay and I try and work my travel schedule around the Westbury area just so I can stay here instead of other Hilton-chain locations. I'm not sure how else I can convey my sincere gratitude, but I really appreciate the efforts by everyone at this hotel and have consistently recommended staying there because of it. Top notch job all around! Brian

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Josh G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share such Amazing Feedback! We are very proud to be your favorite hotel in Westbury. We are certainly lucky to have folks like Stefanie, Fernando, & Eric on our team. I am happy to hear that they did what they could to make you feel welcomed and comfortable. I will be sure to recognize them for their efforts. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The best. No smell in the room. It was clean!!!! Quite and a great staff. The bar tender was very nice and the food looked great. I was sorry we did not eat dinner there. We did eat breakfast but I would not recommend unless you like breakfast bars.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff works hard to keep the hotel so clean and I will certainly share your feedback with them. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed the food at dinner. We are lucky to have such a talented Chef and the Garden Bar & Grille! I'm sorry you did not enjoy the "buffet" style breakfast. While I understand it can get very busy, our staff is happy to make you anything we have on hand cooked-to-order as part of the all inclusive breakfast price. We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Long Island!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Soon after I entered my room, another family was given my room key and would have entered the room if I didn't have the extra lock on the door. This was very scary and embarrasing for both families. The front desk person appologized and blamed someone else for this mistake. he also did not provide me with a free breakfast coupon, I had to go back to the front desk and inquire about it a few hours later.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia M
Josh G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration this incident has caused you. We strive to make every guests' stay as pleasant as possible and we regret our rooming missteps that hindered your experience. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the complete quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I booked this hotel to take my wedding photos on the day of my wedding - the hotel lobby is beautiful, the rooms are very clean and spacious. I got a great stay and beautiful pictures. Although the man of at the front desk wasn't very accommodating, everything else about the hotel definitely made up for it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences from your Wedding Group staying at our hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel to be so clean and that our newly renovated lobby and guest rooms helped make for some great wedding pictures. I am sorry to hear that the Front Desk service was less then outstanding. I will certainly share your concerns with our weekend staff members to make sure that they are doing everything they can to exceed the expectations of all of our guests. Congratulations on the wedding, we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for the first time for work. Front desk staff was very nice and breakfast in the morning was a great start to the day. Free internet If was back in this area I would consider staying here.
The room was very dark and used Florescent lighting which made the room feel more like a hospital then a place to relax.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share such nice feedback from your recent business trip. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service you recieved and that the breakfast made for a nice start to your day. I travel often and agree that Complimentary WiFi is a must in hotels these days. I am happy that the Hilton Garden Inn Brand understands this and offers Free High Speed Internet in all of our hotels. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Probably stayed here at least 5 times over the last 3 years and they never let me down. Always great people on the desk, rooms very clean & comfortable, and a good restaurant with bar (special mention to Eric the bartender). If you want to venture out for a meal you won't be disappointed, having lived in the area for many years I can assure you that there are plenty of good restaurants close by (and if you just want a good hot dog walk across the street to Nathan's).

This will continue to be my hotel of choice in this area. While we have noticed a few Hilton (named) hotels around the country have not aged well, the Hilton Garden Inn brand has had a recent facelift and shows it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Josh G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Westbury, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank for making us your Go-To Hotel and taking the time to share your experience. We are lucky to have such a great staff. I will make sure to recognize Eric for his efforts in making our guests feel welcomed and comfortable at the Garden Grille & Bar. We are also very lucky to be within walking distance to so many great restaurants as well as the Westbury Source Mall. I must admit that I take advantage of the nearby Nathan's and their late afternoon 2 for $3 special on a somewhat regular basis. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Excellent hotel, staff friendly, rooms and over appearance is clean and safe, grounds are kept clean, near many places, workout area and pool are nice. I would like to see a few places to sit outside and complimentary breakfast would be nice for the price of the room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for taking the time to share such great feedback from your recent stay with us. Our staff works very hard to provide such great service, and to keep the hotel so clean. I will certainly be sure to share your review with them. We actually have plans to install an outdoor patio complete with a fire pit and seating area. We look forward to prviding our guests with a nice place to sit and enjoy a meal or relax with a drink. Although the HGI Brand does not provide complimentary breakfast, we do offer a great Bed & Breakfast Package that allows you to add breakfast to your room cost at a discounted rate. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Westbury? Share your experiences!