Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)
  • Pool
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desklong islandroom was cleannon smokingyoung ladynew yorkroom rategreat customer servicefirst floorwe've stayedwent above and beyondnassau countynice staythe general managerhousekeeping staffone night staymonet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 19, 2009

My husband and I recently returned from a visit to New York. I am from NY and went back to visit some friends and family. Part of our stay was at the Red Roof Inn in Westbury, NY. Prior to our trip I of course scanned Trip Advisor to see what people were saying. I actually was not sure if I made the right choice because there were so many negative reviews. Based on our stay, our impression was very positive.

The Red Roof Inn Westbury is located very conveniently to anything you need. The Roosevelt Field Mall is less than 5 minutes from the hotel. Target and many restaurants and stores are 5 minutes away. The highway is also a few minutes away. So for location you cannot complain. The hotel is visually nice on the outside, the building and the grounds are very well taken care of. Upon entering the lobby you get a good feeling as the lobby is very well maintained, bright and clean. The staff at the front desk are impeccable and we even had the opportunity to meet the Manager and Assistant Manager upon our arrival. Both were very welcoming and let us know if there was anything at all that we needed to make sure to ask. We had a great room, very spacious and clean. There was a nice flat screen t.v. in our room and the bed was really, really comfortable. The bathroom was well maintained and the shower was really nice too.

Please believe me, my husband and I have traveled extensively and have stayed at very high end hotels that did not offer the same service or rooms that the Red Roof Inn Westbury offered to us. The price is right too and in my opinion you are actually getting more than you paid for while staying there.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

I stayed there for two nights in September on the last day we found two roachs in our room by the ac unit. I could only guest what would have happened if me pulled the rug back. We called the front desk, they sent someone didn't speak any english to see if they were really there. She said no so we put the roach in a plastic glass and gave it to the front desk. She said she would be adjusting my bill. Well when I got my statement I was charged the full amount. I called the general manager and after three calls she finally called me back to say she credited me $25.00. Iwas very surpriced that she thought this was good enough. So I then called guest relations number and a week and half later and no call back. Nice this how they treat there guest.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chefmich4296
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I was in town for business for 4 days in August. I was traveling for business with Hofstra University. After checking the area hotels for price and location, I decided to book my room with Red Roof Inn, as I have never stayed with this hotel chain before. I was checked into an all inclusive king size room, that had everything that I needed! The room was more than comfortable and extremely clean! Being a solo traveler, and traveling quite often, I often look out for my safety when choosing a hotel. I had no issues with anything during my stay. I am extremely impressed with the quality of Red Roof Inn. The front desk was so accommodating throughout my stay, and I even had the pleasure of meeting the Operational Vice President - Mark (?). He referred me to a very nice restaurant - 7th Street Cafe, which turned out to be a great experience as well.
There is a wonderful mall nearby, plenty of nice restaurants and Garden City is a beautiful area to check out. I did not get to do too much sightseeing, but hopefully the next time I am the area I will!
Thank you Red Roof Inn for providing such a wonderful product. I will return to the area quarterly and plan on staying with you each time!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Do you remember the motel you stayed in during your first college Easter break? Well, this is it...except it's 40+ years later and 10x the price. Complete with the dirty carpets and cigarette holes in the "linen". Leave those lovely memories in the closet and avoid making new ones.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank SHADDACalifornia
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The Red Roof Inn is a very nice hotel for just an average plain hotel, it has 2 coffee machines downstairs by the elevators. Guest Serice is very polite and also the maids are very nice.

The rooms are pleasent and bathrooms are as well. A/C if you don't get the right room with a non working a/c let the down stairs clerk know right away they will switch you right away to a different room.

Very quiet....

Tmobile High Speed WiFi is 7.99 Unlimited
If you get a king room it is Free..
They do offer rooms with Fridges as well...

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family