“I loved my stay! 1st time guest! Very comfortable, great service, great area!”

Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Pittsburgh
“I loved my stay! 1st time guest! Very comfortable, great service, great area!”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I was in town for business for 4 days in August. I was traveling for business with Hofstra University. After checking the area hotels for price and location, I decided to book my room with Red Roof Inn, as I have never stayed with this hotel chain before. I was checked into an all inclusive king size room, that had everything that I needed! The room was more than comfortable and extremely clean! Being a solo traveler, and traveling quite often, I often look out for my safety when choosing a hotel. I had no issues with anything during my stay. I am extremely impressed with the quality of Red Roof Inn. The front desk was so accommodating throughout my stay, and I even had the pleasure of meeting the Operational Vice President - Mark (?). He referred me to a very nice restaurant - 7th Street Cafe, which turned out to be a great experience as well.
There is a wonderful mall nearby, plenty of nice restaurants and Garden City is a beautiful area to check out. I did not get to do too much sightseeing, but hopefully the next time I am the area I will!
Thank you Red Roof Inn for providing such a wonderful product. I will return to the area quarterly and plan on staying with you each time!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
San Mateo, California
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Do you remember the motel you stayed in during your first college Easter break? Well, this is it...except it's 40+ years later and 10x the price. Complete with the dirty carpets and cigarette holes in the "linen". Leave those lovely memories in the closet and avoid making new ones.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank SHADDACalifornia
Reviewed June 8, 2009

The Red Roof Inn is a very nice hotel for just an average plain hotel, it has 2 coffee machines downstairs by the elevators. Guest Serice is very polite and also the maids are very nice.

The rooms are pleasent and bathrooms are as well. A/C if you don't get the right room with a non working a/c let the down stairs clerk know right away they will switch you right away to a different room.

Very quiet....

Tmobile High Speed WiFi is 7.99 Unlimited
If you get a king room it is Free..
They do offer rooms with Fridges as well...

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 4, 2009

I stayed here before, last year, and I had no complaints. This time, however, was a different story. First, I checked into room 330. The TV didn't work. I went into the bathroom and there were stains on the bathtub. Also, there was a bug on the wall. I killed it, not thinking much of it. I then changed rooms to 331. Right before I went to sleep, I saw some motion on my pillow. It was clearly some sort of blood sucking creature. I'm pretty sure it was a DOG TICK. Apparently, Red Roof Inns in Westbury allows pets but does not tell anyone this. The maid clearly did not do a good enough job cleaning if, in two different rooms, there were blood sucking bugs. I quickly got dressed, quite grossed out, got a refund and drove the 45 minutes to Stony Brook at 2 A.M. Beware of bugs when you go here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank nayrb3s2
Long Island
Reviewed January 10, 2009

Okay, I'll start out by saying that if you're reading this and thinking about booking this hotel, you're probably not expecting this to be some 5-star deal.

Very good. It's not. Not by a long shot.

I had to stay here for a few nights while the wood flores in my home were being re-done.

Anyway, I'll give the positives of this place first.

1. It looks nice on the outside. It has to be less than four or five years old, so outside, it still looks brand new.

2. The lobby is small, but simple and clean and they have a nice free coffee and hot chocolate maker, though the cups are more like ancient British tea cups than really man-sized coffee cups.

3. The wi-fi is relatively simple to use once you get the card, though you do have to get a new card every day and scratch off a pin number.

4. It's easy to get to off the Meadowbrook Parkway. It even has its own exit that will take you right to it. It's also centrally located between two malls and lots of restaurants.

5. Um....gee, I really wanted to list five positives. I guess the staff was nice.

Okay, now the negatives...

1. I stayed in a suite, and the thing you should know about the suites is that they're handicapped accessable -- which doesn't sound so bad, except when you're not handicapped. The bathroom has a shower and a toilet, but the sink is the main room next to the bed. Also, since all the rooms are built for people in wheelchairs, the coat rack is like 3 feet off the ground.

2. They don't give you anything. No shampoo, no bottled water, no coffee maker, no complimentary breakfast. If you stay here, bring food with you, especially if you don't feel like going out for breakfast.

3. The tv is pre-set to a volume that can at best be called ear-splitting. Its actually scary how loud the tv volume is set to. Oh, and about the tv, unless you're a trucker who likes country music you'll be disappointed. There are 21 channels and 3 of them are country music channels.

4. Oh, did I mention that the shower has a bench in it? Yeah, again, for the handicapped. I guess the hotel expects a lot of southern handicapped truckers who are hard-of-hearing to stop in. Ironically, though, the iron and ironing board in the room are set about 6 feet off the ground. I guess they don't think the handicapped iron clothes.

5. The extra bankets -- assuming you want extra blankets -- are these little pieces of fabric that essentially are oversized towels. They don't keep you warm, which forces you to pump up the heat, which goes from freezing to stifiling in about 10 seconds, which then gives you drymouth as it sucks all the moisture out of the room. Oh, and no bottled water either. I think I mentiond that already.

Overall, it's not quite as bad a hotel as I probably made it out to be. The suite I stayed in was $150 a night, which is about $50 too much for the quality. I'd only recommend it for an overnight stop, like if you're coming here for a wedding or something.

I wouldn't recommend it for someone just looking for a cheap hotel. I'm sure you can find cheaper hotels with just as sparse accomodations.

• Liked — not much
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank lijason
Reviewed December 22, 2008

In all the hotels I've stayed in, both domestic and international, I have never "hated" a hotel before. Until now.

The rooms are comfortable. But the high pitch noise from the generator humming every 15 minutes for 5 minute is a real pain in the rear.

It also doesn't help that after I had checked in, I went to check out the room and than decided to leave for a late lunch. Lucky thing I didn't leave anything in that room. Because when I came back, it was occupied by someone else' belongings. If I was a thieve, I would have made out well with a laptop and camcorder. I didn't know the U.S. allows hotels to rent out rooms to more than one group. There are also no room safes.

And I do believe that this is one of those hourly hotels. The room keys requires reactivation every night. It's like their computer system does not expect you to stay too long.

I will never stay at a Red Roof dive again.

• Liked — None.
  • Disliked — Room is rented to strangers and you at the same time. Constant generator hum. Internet not included like they say for kingsize.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DanteMatrix
Hilo, HI
Reviewed September 17, 2008

The room was clean and reasonably attractive, but had the smell of Febreze over cigarette smoke, like too many other non-smoking hotel rooms, these days. The beds were not of extremely high quality - firm and bouncy. The room and hotel seemed pretty modern and recently constructed or remodeled, with tile floors and new fixtures in the bathroom.

There were no restaurants within walking distance, but there were several restaurants (both famous chains and decent local places) that were a short drive away.

I suppose my biggest complaint was that, instead of a coffee maker in the room, they had two machines in the lobby that made capuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, etc. Unfortunately, one or both machines were sometimes not working, which required us to find the maintenance man, who would clean their waste bins and restock their supplies, before getting our coffee. Even without this delay, there was often a line of two to four people, and each cup takes a couple of minutes to make. I would much rather roll out of bed and punch the red button on my own coffee maker without having to get dressed and try to wet-comb my hair into submission before getting my first cup of coffee. Also, I read another review indicating that the rooms had refrigerators and microwaves, but ours did not. We lamented that fact, several times.

• Liked — It was clean and modern.
  • Disliked — Lack of coffee maker, refrigerator, or microwave.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Courtyard by Marriott Westbury Long Island

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!