Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
  • Pool
$163
$159
$149
Hyatt Place Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
$189
Hyatt.com
Hampton Inn Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
$152
$135
$160
$139
$134
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City(Garden City)(Great Value!)
$129
$99
EconoLodge
All reviewsfront desklong islandroom was cleannon smokingyoung ladynew yorkroom rategreat customer servicefirst floorwe've stayedwent above and beyondnassau countynice staythe general managerhousekeeping staffone night staymonet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This hotel was excellent, clean and well kept, rooms were large and organized well, staff very helpful. Close to all major highways and shopping areas. Good rates, check inn was easy and re-registering each week was a snap. Stayed 6 weeks and would recommend this hotel to anyone, would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JON C
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank your for the kind comments. Our goal is to make sure your stay, whether it is for 1 night or 6 weeks, is like a home away from home. We are glad that you were able to have that experience. I will be sure to share your comments with my team and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I've stayed at this property at least 5 times in the last 3 years and this will be it for me. If you just wish a reasonable room this is the place, but not if you have more than one person in the room as the standard is now one towel/washcloth per room " they aren't hiring in the laundry", or if you need a phone menu (card thingy that tells you what the buttons do) "sorry we don't have any more" missing for the entire 3 day stay.

Staff are friendly, when I checked in there were NO towels in my first room and the phone was DOA along with a wedding party on our floor (4th) that was smoking (in a nonsmoking hotel) so we were moved to another room, 1 towel and washcloth and the phone worked but no menu. The night person was apologetic but it appeared that his supervisor knew the partiers as he kept bringing towels (that didn’t exist for us) to their room.

Avoid this place and try the Holiday Inn Express seconds away next to Best Buy and DSW.

Room Tip: Try the Holiday Inn less than 2 blocks away!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 7352David

Thank you for your review on your recent visit with us. Our goal is to make sure that your stay is as comfortable and enjoyable as possible, and it looks as if we have failed to deliver here. Your comments are very valuable to us as we use them to get better each day. I will be sure to share these comments with my team and we hope that you will give us another try in the future.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Actually, i'm pretty easy. Well, you readers can decide for yourselves....
Any hotel or motel that provides me with a clean room,and a good bed, and has a friendy. attentive, courteous, patient and efficient staff, I'm that property's best friend. That said, it's hard to find......But, if you need a hotel in or near Westbury, Garden City, Carle Place etc, I highly reccomend this Red Roof Inn.
I just completed a three day stay, and have stayed at this property frequently. Both a few years ago, and this year.For various reasons, there are rooms that i prefer. When I've called a day or two ahead, if those rooms are available the staff has saved the room for me. Both Danny and Edith have done that for me. And they are both always friendly and full of smiles. Wanda has given me great directions and advice on local food.
Amd she also is a ray of sunshine. I know all their voices when i call. Richard, the manager, has been very nice to me. Adanna, the assistant manager, one night there was a problem with my reservation, the young lady working the desk could not get it resolved, Adanna overheard from the next room and came to the rescue, got me in to a great room and resolved the paperwork problem quickly. She is always super friendly, and is very much on the ball. Ryan has been very nice, on the overnight shift, and Joseph and Andrew the new guys, are eager, quick, and bright eyed. Very friendly. The security guards make rounds at night, are visible, and are polite, well dressed and friendly. The rooms are clean! Remodeled recently, and well appointed. the furniture is good, and new. The property is far nicer than any other Red Roof Inn I've stayed in, and the staff, well, you can't beat the current staff.
Peopel are human, and things are things- things happen. So, i never jump down anyone's throat unless they really push or ask for it. But if something is bad enough , i'll raise holy hell. After 6 or 7 stays at this hotel this year, i can't say anything went wrong at all. There were some little, really little things once or twice, the staff made the little things go way pronto! Immediately, if not sooner! It's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: It's a non smoking property, so that helps make all rooms more inviting.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for the great comments. Our goal is to provide a perfect stay for each and every guest, and it looks like we have done that here. The staff will be thrilled to read all of your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I had the occasion to stay here while making deliveries in the area. Check in was a breeze. There was room for my rig and it was easy in and out. They put me on the first floor near the exit for my dog.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank cjackd
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that everything was convenient for you. Being one of the few pet friendly hotels in the area it is always a nice option to be able to bring your pet with you on your travels. We thank you for the comments and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Great value for money, really nicely appointed and comfortable rooms. The only negative was that the reception lady was really indifferent and not at all friendly. Otherwise excellent option for this area of NY.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you had a comfortable stay with us, but feel we could have done a better job delivering the perfect stay. For each and every guest that walks through our doors we want their stay to be memorable and I can assure you that your next visit will be just that. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to seeing you real soon.