“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
New York City, New York
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I booked a room here to attend a family wedding via agoda.com for double beds but when i got to the hotel my reservation was not there (in all fairness i booked it at 11am and it was 5pm) I ended up canceling my reservation with agoda.com. As i was preparing to make another arrangements, there was a cancellation for double beds and the front desk booked me quickly for that room. The front desk, Elexis and Danilo, were extremely helpful and understanding!! They saved me from numerous calls and online searches.

We were in our nice clean cool room and headed to the reception.

The hotel has a business center and free coffee and tea which was really good!

As a pet lover i loved seeing all owners with their dogs!

The hotel is not far from the Roosevelt field mall as well as a movie theater and other dining establishments.

The beds are ubber comfortable and ample parking in the front and the back.

The sink was outside the bathroom.

The only thing that i have to say that was bothersome was the fire alarm going off at 6am.

This was a great stay and even thinking of going back hopefully soon

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the new Serta beds to be extra comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team, as the comments and feedback is very beneficial for us. We hope to see you again if your travels bring you back to Long Island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Lutz, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stay here every time I come to Long Island. The staff has always been nice. The room is clean, bed is comfi. My biggest complaint is the limited TV channels available. The price for a room is excellent for the area. I will continue to stay there as long as their prices remain affordable.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay. We always appreciate feedback as it gives us ideas and makes us better every day. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

Overall the rooms were clean, but it didn't seem to have the best guests. One night the room next to us was extremely loud during the very early morning ours. We called the front desk to complain and they said "that group had just walked in"...they were loud for a good 30 minutes. Another day I saw some dudes outside my window on the lawn (on hotel property) drinking several 24 packs of beer...it actually started with one guy and then several of his buddies joined the party.

The good thing is it is close to some good shopping and an awesome juice bar called Nice N Natural.

If I can avoid staying here again I will.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that the stay did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I will share your comments with my team and the security staff. We do hope that you will return soon so we can have the opportunity to deliver a perfect stay.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

My family needed to find a hotel in Long Island for a funeral. It's amazing how few choices and how bad the ratings as you get east of NYC. This hotel was at the right price range- we had two rooms, was clean and the staff was terrific. They had coffee and vending machines, but didn't have problems finding an extra room and extending our internet price. The internet connection is slow, and they really didn't have any amenities like we're used to, but the price was right, and the rooms were clean, with an in room safe. The employees we met have no real decision making authority, but did the best they could, and at half the price of better known brands. They also are right off the highway, and you could walk to the nearby mall if you needed to.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. We are glad that you were able to have a comfortable experience. We know that you have many options when coming to the Long Island area, but with our recent renovations and location you can’t go wrong. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to your next visit.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

While its frustrating to wait online to be checked in - it takes 5 minutes when it's your turn. A big turn off for me is overflowing garbage - which was evident since the garbage can was right before entering the premises. Anyway - the front desk staff was efficient and processed me quickly. As I got into the elevator - the top looks like its gonna break apart. Once I arrived to my assigned room - everything was on point. Bed was clean, good water pressure, clean towels. I have come to this location many times and I would say 95% of the time it's great. I absolutely recommend. Will return:)

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We do apologize for your arrival experience not being up to par. We are glad that the rest of your stay was more enjoyable and appreciate the nice comments. Your feedback is very important to us as we use it to get better every day. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again real soon.
Nashville, TN USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at various Red Roof Inns over the years and know what to expect.
I was surprised to find this hotel was multiple floors with inside hallways which was nice.
The place was busy...very busy and unfortanately my check in experienced was poor.
There was many people struggling with locks not working due to a changeover to new locks that clearly was not going smoothly.
The woman at reception was compentent, but overwhelmed.
I opted for a upgraded room which was a bit pricey for any Red Rood I ever knew of.
Internet was included and worked well.
Air con was a bit loud.
Room was well maintained.
Check out was very fast and the woman was very professional and well trained. She impressed me.
The hotel location is definitely off the main road and a bit remote , but directions were adequate.
Nothing within easy walking distance except a Lowes.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience during the check in process. With technological changes we do require our locks to be updated with the most current settings to ensure guest safety at all times. We do apologize for the timing of this update, and any inconvenience this caused you. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and hope we can accommodate you again if your travels bring you back to Long Island.
Huntington, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I have been staying here for the past two months.The manager and staff have gone out of there way to make the stay very pleasant.The room is clean and the beds are comfortable .I would recommend this hotel highly.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We are very glad we can accommodate you on your long term stay with us. Our recent renovations such as the hard wood floors and exquisite basin sinks give the room a nice modern look, but still able to provide the home away from home feeling. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to any future stays you may have with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Hampton Inn Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City
Courtyard Westbury Long Island

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!