“Mixed impressions”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Nashville, TN USA
“Mixed impressions”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I have stayed at various Red Roof Inns over the years and know what to expect.
I was surprised to find this hotel was multiple floors with inside hallways which was nice.
The place was busy...very busy and unfortanately my check in experienced was poor.
There was many people struggling with locks not working due to a changeover to new locks that clearly was not going smoothly.
The woman at reception was compentent, but overwhelmed.
I opted for a upgraded room which was a bit pricey for any Red Rood I ever knew of.
Internet was included and worked well.
Air con was a bit loud.
Room was well maintained.
Check out was very fast and the woman was very professional and well trained. She impressed me.
The hotel location is definitely off the main road and a bit remote , but directions were adequate.
Nothing within easy walking distance except a Lowes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize for your experience during the check in process. With technological changes we do require our locks to be updated with the most current settings to ensure guest safety at all times. We do apologize for the timing of this update, and any inconvenience this caused you. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and hope we can accommodate you again if your travels bring you back to Long Island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Huntington, New York
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My family and I have been staying here for the past two months.The manager and staff have gone out of there way to make the stay very pleasant.The room is clean and the beds are comfortable .I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We are very glad we can accommodate you on your long term stay with us. Our recent renovations such as the hard wood floors and exquisite basin sinks give the room a nice modern look, but still able to provide the home away from home feeling. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we look forward to any future stays you may have with us.
Roslyn Heights, New York, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Hello my name is Patrick Gibbs, me and my Girl friend stay at the westbury location almost every week.Its the perfect get away close to home. everything always on point and enjoyable. All of the staff members are great but when ever Danny and Elexis are working they always go above and beyhond to make sure everything is Perfect. Its always a pleasure with them.

Room Tip: Love the top floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NC
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First off, I will state that this was not my first stay at this Red Roof. Next, I will state that I am a somewhat frequent traveler and have stayed with at least two other Red Roof facilities (so I have a basis for comparison).

Pro: The female assistant manager was this hotel's only saving grace. She was UNBIASED, genuinely polite, and efficient in my dealings with her.

Cons:
1. The first night there, a couple with a room adjoined to mine argued until right before 4am (she called him a cheater, among other things, etc). After placing a call to the front desk (which I am sure the couple in question heard), and a delayed arrival by security, I was told there was silence and accused of being a liar.
2. The toilet leaked onto the floor to the extent that towels had to be put down in order to stop anyone else from taking a fall on the floor (my child fell earlier, and that's how the issue was discovered).
3. The air conditioning completely failed to work on at least two occasions during my week long stay. When I called to report this to the front desk, I was spoken to as if I were an ungrateful child (highly derogatory behavior). The AC was a big deal because I have a medical condition that is exacerbated by overheating. Also paying 150.00+ a night for a nonworking ac?!
4. I was apartment hunting in the area, and gave the room phone as my contact number. This resulted in me missing multiple calls that had been made to me. One of my callers was told by a desk clerk that I was refusing calls, and that it was not her problem. I passed the same clerk FOUR TIMES in less than three hours, as I left the hotel (and returned) twice that evening. Not a single time did she give me my messages. Not even when I gave her my room number to address a question that I had.
5. The phone malfunctioned while I was there (as in there was no dial tone at all). The wifi malfunctioned on a Sunday night and I had to go to the Lowe's across the street to gain internet access. The clerk (same one from number 4) told me that the company who serviced their wifi did not do service calls on the weekend. The next day, the manager (Richard) claimed, "NO ONE TOLD YOU THAT. OUR INTERNET PROVIDER IS AVAILABLE 24HRS A DAY." Since I am not hard of hearing, and wrote down what the clerk told me that night, I AM VERY CLEAR ON WHAT THE CLERK IN QUESTION SAID THAT NIGHT.
6. The smell of marijuana that inundated the hallway on several nights was disgusting, especially since I had a child with me.
7. Ice machines were broken, and vending machines were out of order, and this during one of the industry's biggest travel weeks of the year (4th of July wk).
8. After all of this money spent (over 600.00), and all of the "nuances" and "service" that occurred during my stay, my reward for this was for the manager (Richard) to call me a troublemaker....and this is after he called me a liar on more than one occasion.

Needless to say, I actually cut my stay short, checked out, and will not stay with this property again. This property actually gives the brand a really bad name, and I hope that their corporate offices see this review. Better desk service was received by far cheaper Red Roof properties in the Carolinas. As a parent, student, worker, guest, and African-American, I felt that aside from the female assistant manager and the housekeeping/maintenance staff, THERE ARE SOME WORKERS AT THE FRONT DESK AND A MALE MANAGER WHO ARE IN DIRE NEED OF RETRAINING (such as ethics, customer service, manners, cultural diversity training). I thank the housekeeping/maintenance staff, and the female assistant manager only (as their kudos are well deserved).

3 Thank ParentalTraveler
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for the review and I apologize for your experience you had at our inn. We are dedicated to delivering great service to each and every guest and it seems we did not do that in this case. Your comments are valued as we will use them to get better. We do hope that you will give us another chance if your travels bring you back this way.
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I hope management in the head office realize they have GOLD, in the young lady Edith who works on the front desk. I had to wait in the lobby to be picke d
up for about 4hrs. I had plenty of opportunity to observe this employee.
She provides such an amazing service to all, whether it is on the phone or in person, considering she is basically by herself. The calmness and politeness she shows in such a busy area is unreal.I was in awe of this remarkable young lady.What a pleasure in this day and age to see someone like this.

Room Tip: Pet friendly most important. End room was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Thank you for the great review on your recent stay with us. I am glad you were able to observe Edith while you were in the lobby and the excellent attention she gives to each and every one of our guests. I will be sure to share your kind words with her and the rest of the team. We all hope that we get to see you again if your travels bring you back this way.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I reacently stayed at this hotel during a heatwave and none of the soda machines were well stocked due to the heat my daughter went to look for her favorite orange soda but couldnt find it in the machine so looking at her frustration the guy at the desk Danny offered to go floor to floor until he got her favorite drink i could'nt belive it this, is my spot when im in town again .....

Room Tip: If u have pets request the ground floor , just to get them out esier , they have a nice area in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad to hear that Danny was able to provide you with fantastic service. Our goal is to make sure each and every guest that walks through our doors leaves with a positive memorable experience, and Danny sure did deliver here. The staff, including Danny will be thrilled to see your nice comments and we hope to see you again real soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Over the past several months, dh has stayed there multiple times for several days/weeks at a time. The rooms are clean and the staff is willing to please, but I'm sure his recognizable credit card helps.

The walls are thin and noise levels increase with each group that has a ball game nearby, but overall, it's a great value.

Room Tip: Book on line for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We are glad we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable long term stay with us. Our recent renovations give the room that nice home away from home feeling. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we all hope you will be back real soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!