“Great Value”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great Value”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Over the past several months, dh has stayed there multiple times for several days/weeks at a time. The rooms are clean and the staff is willing to please, but I'm sure his recognizable credit card helps.

The walls are thin and noise levels increase with each group that has a ball game nearby, but overall, it's a great value.

Room Tip: Book on line for cheaper rates.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. We are glad we were able to provide you with a clean and comfortable long term stay with us. Our recent renovations give the room that nice home away from home feeling. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and we all hope you will be back real soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
East Riding of Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 26, 2013

While Red Roof Inns are not considered to be in the top echelon of hotel franchises, this particular one is quite a good place to stay, and well placed for shopping and dining at the nearby mall - the largest on Long Island, I’m told. The rooms were clean, the place was quiet, so if you want a good night’s sleep, this fits the bill. If you’re looking for more amenities, you could shell out for a Hyatt or a Sheraton, I suppose, but there’s no need.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments about your recent stay with us. We know there are many lodging choices here on Long Island but with our recent renovations and fantastic location, the Red Roof Long Island is the place to stay. We hope that your travels bring you back real soon.
North Bellmore, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My fiancé and myself have stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 3 weeks now! We were so elated with our stay! Compliments to the entire staff, housekeeping and the mangers....especially Richard. We were treated like family and always greeted with a smiles! Oh and how awesome that it is a pet friendly place! All our appreciation Julie and Tom

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the fantastic comments. Our goal is to deliver great service to each and every guest that walks through our doors, and I am so glad we were able to make this trip memorable for you. The staff will be thrilled to see your review and we all hope you will be back real soon.
Marlboro, New York
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The staff was very helpful, especially since my reservation (done via corporate 800 #) was not in their system. My room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Hotel is close to Meadowbrook Expy, Roosevelt Center (shopping), and several restaurants. Room had a small fridge and a microwave, and unexpected bonus. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the great review. Location is a plus and being so close to shopping, great dining and attractions make the Red Roof Inn Long Island the place to stay. I am glad that the staff was able to clear up the reservation issue for you, and I will be sure to share your comments with them. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Westbury, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I recently moved from Long Beach, CA and drove over 2,800 miles, stopping every 300 miles because I was traveling with my two cats. I stayed at 9 Hotels along the way and my last stip was at the Red Roof Inn in Westbury Long Island. I thought everyone along my trip was very nice until I met Danny (The night shift Front Desk Manager) and Michael (The Night Security Guard); I met two of the nicest and most professional people in all of my years of traveling (I'm 53), and I have stayed at hunfreds of Motels/Hotels. They both made me feel like I was at "Home" and they went out of there way to make sure my stay was a GREAT one. Thanks you Red Roof Inn; you have two wonderful employess.

Warmest Regards... Brian

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Richard_Auer, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thanks for the great review. Providing that “at home” service is what we strive for at the Red Roof Long Island, and I am very pleased my staff was able to go above and beyond for you. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we hope you will be back to visit.
Oak Hill, West Virginia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I have never stayed at a Red Roof Inn, before, but I was pleasantly surprised. It is just a basic hotel, with minimum amenities, but it was clean. We found the beds where comfortable (though small). The front desk was vey helpful, and it was very quiet. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the nice comments. Being this is the first Red Roof that you have stayed at we are so pleased you enjoyed yourself. I am glad to hear your thoughts on the new beds as they are extremely comfortable. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again very soon.
Fort Pierce, Florida
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

To start, it would have been nice to see a smile from someone at the front desk, but I suppose that's an extra cost.
The room - a deluxe, mind you - was an upgraded motor inn stay. The television was unresponsive, the shower had awful water pressure, the carpeting under the bed was stained, and the sink faucet was loose. When we first walked in, we had to kill a cockroach.
Needless to say, we will never return.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Brian G
Thank you for the review and I apologize for your experience you had at our inn. We are dedicated to delivering great service and it seems we did not do that here. Your comments are valued as we will use them to get better. We hope that you will consider us if your travels bring you this way again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
SpringHill Suites Carle Place Garden City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Garden City

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!