“Easy access to Hofstra University”

Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Reviewed March 18, 2013

What can I say about a Red Roof Inn? It is clean and basic, but this one is newly renovated. I especially liked that the rooms have hardwood/laminate floors, which feels so much cleaner. This is a great place to stay if you have a child at Hofstra University, as it is close to campus, to the mall, and to lots of restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay with us. We are very fortunate to be in such a great location as you mentioned. Being so close to major Universities, great dining and of course New York City is such a plus. We are glad you had a good time and hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I am compelled to add a review after reading some of the other reviews posted about this property. I stayed at this location for a month in the aftermath of last falls Super Storm Sandy. I found the staff to be polite, courteous, helpful, professional, and usually friendly. Given that the hotel was full of extremely stressed people who just had their homes damaged or destroyed by the storm, that says a lot about the management team and all the other employees involved with operating the property. The room was clean and well maintained with a smart touch of replacing the carpeting with a laminate. No there was no pool or gym or tennis court but when you're there to work and sleep you don't need to be paying for amenities more associated with a resort. The property is centrally located and far enough from the city that the price is reasonable. Being that the property is pet friendly there was some barking from dogs, probably dogs just as stressed as their owners after being uprooted from their homes and routines. There are many resorts on the island catering to those that require fun and many more hotels on the island that do not welcome pets for those that are annoyed by them. As for me I don't need the entertainment but I do need a place that is clean, reasonably priced, and welcomes the four legged associates and I found that at this location. I will not hesitate to stay there again should business require me to revisit the area. It wasn't just me but my dogs were also happy with the location as you can see in the photo!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ned53

Thank you for the review. Hurricane Sandy was a rough time for all those involved. We are glad that we were able to make you feel at home, as that is our goal for every guest that comes through our doors. Again we thank you for the kind comments.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Reserved with AAA and then when i checked in was told not accepting aaa. Smoke detecter alwasy going off from people smoking i rooms.

Staff was happy whenver i saw them.

Wish the hotel would do sumthing about all the drug use. Leaving hotel with my children and saw a drug deal right in the parking lot. Stayed for 2 nights on the 3 floor and smelled very funny smells. Checked out and went to holiday inn. Called down to front desk and was told unless i could prove what room it was coming from nothing could be done.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ANONYMOUS P
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

I apologize for your experience at our inn. We strive to not only meet but exceed our guests expectations and in this case it sounds as if we did neither. Our team has a single focus to provide the best experience in regards to the comfort and safety of our guests at all times. I hope you will give us the chance to experience this the next time you are in town.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotel was clean, rooms were small, services and amenities were few. Located in a industrial area. We stayed for a weekend family event on the island. It was good enough for that purpose. There is no pool, restaurant, gym. The only amenity they offered was round the clock lobby coffee.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. For the items you listed that were not there, we try and make up for with a comfortable stay in a great location. Being conveniently located near great dining and major attractions always makes for a great stay at the Red Roof Inn Long Island. We thank you for the review and hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Have been staying here during the week for going on 3 weeks now, staying in a King sweet so I have a fridge and micro. The rooms have been very clean and comfortable much cleaner then other hotel I stayed in up here. The tv actually has good reception. The help have been very Friendly and welcoming. biggest knock is no fittness room. NOT AT ALL what I expected when I heard Red Roof Inn. Will be up hear off and on for a couple more months and will continue to stay here.

Room Tip: Need a place to watch sports go to Bottomz Up about 1 mile away (I have walked there) 50 Tvs any tea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We're from the area, and come back often to visit family. Since we usually travel with our dog our choices are limited in Nassau County. The rooms are clean and basic, nothing fancy but certainly adequate for a night or 2. The staff is pleasant and always welcoming. Bring your own shampoo and conditioner (they give you a tiny bottle of 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner, pretty useless).
I have never heard any dogs barking, and I have not had any issues when we ask for extra towels. The location is great, lots of shopping and restaurants in the area and it's a safe neighborhood. They have coffee in the lobby but the powdered creamer is gross, not sure why they can't provide some milk or cream in the lobby in the morning. All in all it's a decent place to stay for the money, and if you have AAA ask for the discount! Beware, the free wi-fi is slow!

Room Tip: The king deluxe rooms are a little more $ but worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend. Called down to front desk, asked for an extra pillow (there were 3 on bed for 2 people) We both like to sleep with 2. We were told there are no more pillows. How are you out of pillows? When maid came to make up room, our towels were not replaced. The dust on the dresser is a shock. The fact that it was not wiped down amazes me. I put my purse on top of dresser and dust actually blew. The faucet on sink which is located in same room as your bed ( about 3 feet away) was broken. The set up is very odd. Sinks are usually in bathrooms. Our door we had to SLAM shut as the lock on door was broken. I have lived in NY my entire life, and have seen other hotels in area when family would come up to visit, and this by far is the worst. Stay at the Hyatt or Hampton Inn which is around corner. Much better quality. This place is dark, dingy and a joke. They should host a murder mystery weekend here - It would be perfect. Oh btw - The dogs barging across hall was a complete joke. I have 5 dogs, so I am a huge animal lover. However, I would NEVER let them get out of hand like that. So be aware - this is a pet "friendly" hotel. Too bad its not people friendly.

Room Tip: Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jean D
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
#4 of 4 in Rockville Centre
Hampton Inn Garden City
Hampton Inn Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island? Share your experiences!