“A nice stay”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
Lebanon, Pennsylvania
“A nice stay”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Stayed in the Red Roof Inn off Dibblee Drive, and had a nice stay. The room was large, and modern (and will be upgraded again within the next 3 months, as will the rest of the hotel), and quiet.
The front desk staff, Diane and Andrew, were very efficient and had my room ready for me 2 hours prior to check-in time. Needless to say, I will be returning to that hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 27, 2011

The very first night, there was no greeting to my party from the front desk. They took a long time to find the reservation and were unable to answer any of our simple questions, such as giving us the number for a taxi. The room was nice enough but the bed linens were a bit tattered. The bathroom had a very loud toilet flush and startled me every time. The shower had good water pressure. Towels were renewed every day with fresh ones. The "high speed" internet that is advertised, is not high speed. It is 56k and could barely launch google, which is ridiculous. If you plan to be in manhattan a lot, it is much better to get a hotel in manhattan rather than long island. Calling a taxi can be very bothersome at this location and it is about an 11 dollar cab ride to the train station. Additionally, after my last night in the hotel, I had several red raised bumped on my legs. My doctor presumed they were bed bugs. So watch out for this hotel. It isn't the best.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jeremiah925
Texas
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Needed a one night stay after being at a funeral. Made reservation online and when I got to the hotel the rate was double the price than what I reserved after it took the receptionist a while to even find the reservation. They did honor the lower rate. Room was nice and it is in a good location as far as being close to the mall and eateries. The thing that bothered us the most was the lack of customer service. There was never a greeting when you entered or left the lobby. When we requested additional towels as there were no wash cloths, hand towels or a 3rd towel for a suite, I was told to either track down housekeeping or come downstairs. I was surprised that housekeeping was not able to come to us. So out the door I go and find a housekeeper down the hallway who proceeded to get into an argument with me about her not giving me towels but wanting me to go downstairs. She couldn't speak English which made the situation worse when I tried to explain that the front desk told me to ask her for the towels. She was not going to help me so I took the towels myself and went back to our room. Also beware if one of the elevators is broken as your wait time can be extremely long. With other hotels in the area, I would go to one that actually values their guests by showing good service.

2 Thank Teebird60
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I have stayed in several Red Roof Properties and for the most part they are a clean inexpensive way to stay when you just need basic overnight accomadations. I found this particular RR, overpriced, lacking in cleanliness, having worn carpet and bed linens, only 1 washcloth in the bath, etc, ect. Avoid this property if you can.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Barry M
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Myself and a few other family members stayed here while in town for a funeral. The hotel is close to Roosevelt Field mall and many restaurants. The king room was quite large. Everything worked and was generally clean. The staff was friendly. Wifi was sometimes slow, but it was free. No included breakfast, but there was coffee available at all times downstairs. Doors to hallway could use some soundproofing, but it was a very good rate for Long Island.

new york
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We needed to evacuate our home during the hurricane and spent the night. The staff should be commended for their kindness and patience during the storm. They kept the guests informed and safe. The hotel was and comfortable.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 16, 2011

What a great hotel! The room was spotless and clean as a whistle. The room had a great working A/C. I've been in too many hotels with non-working A/C. The beds were extremely comfortable and I was capable of getting a good nights rest. The lobby was clean and the staff was friendly. I intend to stay at this hotel in the future and would recommend it to every I know looking to visit the Long Island.

Room Tip: The front desk told me the corner rooms were the quieter rooms.