Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Long Island Marriott(Uniondale)
  • Pool
Garden City Hotel(Garden City)
  • Pool
All reviewsfront desklong islandroom was cleannon smokingyoung ladynew yorkroom rategreat customer servicefirst floorwe've stayedwent above and beyondnassau countynice staythe general managerhousekeeping staffone night staymonet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 16, 2011

What a great hotel! The room was spotless and clean as a whistle. The room had a great working A/C. I've been in too many hotels with non-working A/C. The beds were extremely comfortable and I was capable of getting a good nights rest. The lobby was clean and the staff was friendly. I intend to stay at this hotel in the future and would recommend it to every I know looking to visit the Long Island.

Room Tip: The front desk told me the corner rooms were the quieter rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Hi I am from Tennessee, I work for the Bells Police Dept. and I worked for Dept. of Human Service for the State of Tenn. I don’t know much about bed bugs and nothing about New York.

But, I had the worse experience in my life staying at Red Roof Inn Westbury New York. I stayed at the Red Roof Inn at 699 Dibblee Drive, Westbury NY. 11590 on 06/27/2011 thru 07/08/2011.

I arrived at New York Airport in La Guardia NY on 06/27/2011. I got my luggage and went to
The Red Roof Inn located at 699 Dibblee Drive, Westbury NY. 11590. The front desk
put me room 430. There were two half beds in the room. I unpacked my luggage and place
my shirts on the half bed by the window which is closer to the air condition, I put my clothes on
the bed because there is no closet space to hang up my clothes. There is only a small rack by the
door when you first walk in the room.

There were red flags, I should have notice when I arrived at the Hotel, I notice the sheets was gray
looking and was not white and clean looking, the carpets had stains on it and it was dirty. The next morning, I notice 10 to 12 mattress out in the dumpster in the back, it never done on me that maybe Bed Bugs and finally, there were some lady that was on the first floor that had fifteen cats staying in her room. I notice management with the police asking the lady out of the Hotel. The lady had left 7 to 8 cats outside at the entrance of the lobby door. Management was trying to locate the lady to come to get
the remaining cats.

On July 7, 2011, I notice my face, head, neck, and torso had red marks and itching really bad, I
had to be taken to the Hospital on several occasion 7/8/2011, 7/11/2011 and 7/18/2011. The Hospital
said it was Bed Bugs bites, and I had a sever case.

Red Roof Inn sent me letter stating that the a professional pest vendor found no evidence of pests in
my room. I totally disagree and I found two bed bugs in my shirt that was laying on the bed.

Sincerely
Bed Bugs in my Shirt.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
7  Thank swalker_11
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed for one night. Very simple hotel. Worth the on-line price for one night stay. Clean room. Good location for visiting Adelphi University. Mall and fast food right around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Baseballm0m8
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience with our brand. It was our pleasure to host you and your family while you were in Long Island New York. We appreciate your compliments’ as our teams’ goal is to ensure 100% guest satisfaction. Thank you for sharing with our future guest how great our location is and the proximity to shopping and restaurants we are. Our team looks forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed June 25, 2011

We stayed here for the second time while attending the Belmont. Last year I was pleasantly surprised at the accomodations, especially since it was quite affordable, consequently we returned this year. The room was clean, we had a microwave and a small refrigerator, the beds were comfy, and we didn't hear any noises from the adjoining rooms.
The best part of our stay was how friendly, helpful and professional the staff was. We requested extra towels and they were delivered immediately. I saw the security guard patrolling the halls late at night. Lyra, one of the clerks at the front desk was especially helpful.
We'll return again next year.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Thank you for choosing us to host you during your stay in our area and for taking the time to post a review about your accommodations. We are very pleased to hear that you found our brand was a good value for you and that you were happy with your stay. Our team is focused on 100% guest satisfaction helping and serving our guest whenever possible, always with a smile on their face. Our security also takes their job seriously ensuring the safety of everyone on the property. We will pass this on to our team as they will be happy to see that their dedication and hard work has paid off in the satisfaction of returning guest. Again we thank you for your comments and look forward to serving you again in the future

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I rounded up, but this place is really more like 2.5 stars.

We have stayed here several times in the last 3 years, most recently in April 2011. We chose this hotel because it is close to our relatives and the price was always reasonable when booked in advance with a AAA rate. However, we will not be staying here again.

In the past it was always a decent place to stay (never great, but always decent) but on our most recent visit everything about the place was just dingy. The staff was nice enough but many of the other guests were obnoxious and loud (maybe that's just a NY thing). We had 2 children with us and I cringe just thinking about my kids being in that room. It just never felt clean and it didn't help that there were many dozens of mattresses out back that one can only assume were filled with bedbugs.

We'll find another hotel next time we're on Long Island.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
gwenrichard, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your concerns during your stay at our property. We apologize that you were not pleased with your accommodations and will pass this review on to our team. Our housekeeping staff will be apprised of this and we will use it as a coaching tool, as we don’t want other guest to have the same experience. Currently we are upgrading our rooms to a New Generation design and have discarded several mattresses’ in the process, and look forward to completing the upgrades. We do want to extend an invitation to return so that you may see the improvements made since your departure.