“Great Place in Willy Park”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Willis Avenue
Transit: East Williston Train Station.
Description: A classic American bar and grill featuring 24 draft Beers from all over the world. We have live music, karaoke, and a private party room. Our menu consists of Steaks, Fish, Chops, Burgers, and much more!!!
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Willy Parkers is a great pub and restaurant with a nice family feel. Good American fare and the bar is well stocked.

There are newer reviews for Willy Parkers American Bar & Grill

Reviewed March 31, 2012

I visited there with two others on a Saturday evening during peak hours. We were seated promptly. They offer a number of beers on tap, yet didnt seem to have any wheat beers. The server was not all that well versed in beers, as to be able to offer me a VAULABLE suggestion to fit my pallet. Luckily, the Seadog Blue Paw was delicious.

The menu was a tad confusing with some three course fixed thing, but really nominal in the experience. Turn the page, and everything is layed out as normal.

The service was great. I don't think my water glass ever got below half way before it was refilled. The food was piping hot and delicious.

I had the pulled pork sliders. They were served with a house-made Cole slaw that was good. It wasn't a heavy mayo based, but rather the type that is dry with a bit of vinegar. The pork was obviously marinated and slow cooked all day. Finally! an establishment who knows how to serve BBQ pork without drowning it in sause.

I tried the onion rings, home-made, and hot. Turkey burger was good.... Truly didn't know what to expect, but had a wonderful experience.

The owner checked on us twice and personally thanked us... something rarely seen anymore. I appreciated that fact as it wasn't a conversation, just a simple, "how was everything?" and a "did you enjoy your experience?"

The atmosphere was appropriate and inviting. It's neat being from out of town, and seeing pictures of the same Williston area from 100 years prior. There was a couple of TV's in the dinning too
for those sport nuts.

I would recommend this place to friends and I booked my rehearsal dinner there, so I look forward to going back!!!

1  Thank waterproofpanda
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Each time we have visited Willy Parkers, we have been satisfied with both the service and the quality of the food. The atmosphere is pleasant and the prices reasonable. W.P's definitely merits repeat visits.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Like another reviewer here, we had a voucher (from Groupon). On the day we went, we were literally the customers there (we arrived at 12:30pm for lunch and left about an hour later). The bar is separated from the restaurant by a wall and doors on either end, which is nice folks who like a bar scene and those who don't.

Because we had the Groupon, we ordered a bit more than we normally would in one sitting. The French onion soup was very good, and the wings were delicious. We each ordered a sandwich platter (one vegetarian, the other the Hungry Man, which is eggs, bacon, ham, and sausage on a hero roll - the type of sandwich you might want if you've skipped breakfast, or possibly a very good hangover meal!). The fries were crispy and fresh, and they serve (and probably make in-house) a red cabbage cole slaw.

The prices on the lunch menu are not very much more than what you'd expect to pay in a neighborhood diner - the sandwich platters run about $10-$15. At dinner, they have the same menu, plus additional "dinner-ish" entrees that are more expensive (steaks, chicken, fish, etc.). They also have prix fixe menus, definitely one at dinner, and we think we saw a sign for one at lunch (the Groupon could not be applied toward the prix fixe).

We liked Willy Parker's a lot. We'll definitely go back.

1  Thank ciocio1
Reviewed September 17, 2011

My husband and I visited Willy Parkers after taking advantage of a Travelzoo deal ($49.00 for a $104.00 voucher) because we wanted to try someplace new.
The voucher offered a choice from four appetizers, four entrees, and two glasses of wine or cocktails for each of us. We each ordered the crab cakes and filet mignon, and each had a rum punch (normally we don't order the same things, but we liked those choices the best among what was offered for this particular deal). Everything was excellent. I'm not a crab cake expert, nor really a particular fan, maybe because the ones I've had have been sub-par, more bread crumbs than crab. These were perfect. Creamy, bursting with fresh crab meat, just totally enjoyable. They were served with a delicious tartar sauce and cold corn relish which was fresh and tasty. Both filets were perfectly cooked and wonderfully seasoned. The baked potato was actually a fluffy twice-baked, nicely browned under the broiler, not the micro-waved glue-ball that passes for baked potatoes in many restaurants. It just could have used a touch more salt. Asparagus was nicely cooked but otherwise unremarkable, not surprising since it is difficult, at least in my experience, to give asparagus any personality. It was, however, fresh and crispy.
The house rum punch was delicious. I think there were four different rums in it and they all stood up and said hello at the same time - no skimping on the ingredients in this one! We finished one each and then ordered another to share.
We ordered creme brulee for dessert and unfortunately it was a disappointment - very little custard, and it was warm and watery, though the sugar crust was really good. I mentioned it to the very solicitous and pleasant waiter, Kevin, and was visited by the manager shortly thereafter, who apologized for the dessert. We really weren't complaining, since the rest of the meal was top-notch. Nevertheless, he brought us a bread pudding to apologize for the brulee; we assured him it was unnecessary, but he said he wanted to make us happy, and indeed he did - the bread pudding was fragrant and warm and packed with chocolate chips and served in the cutest coffee cup! The only thing that would have made it better was a little cream to spoon over it.
I'm going to estimate we were visited three or four times during the meal by two different managers (owners perhaps?) who were always pleasant and very concerned that our meal was satisfactory. It's the first time in any restaurant in a long time that I've felt like such a valued customer, especially considering that we were there on a two-fer deal.
The restaurant, though small, is very pleasant. There is a bar adjacent that looked lively, but there was no noise spill-over into the restaurant while we were there. Our waiter was helpful and friendly. The bar was a little slow in sending our the drinks, but they were more than satisfatory.
In spite of the issue with the creme brulee, I'm giving this restaurant 5 circles for its food. Any kitchen can make an error; when management makes it right, without any prompting, I'm doubly quick to forgive.
We're going back to Willy Parkers.