“Good Staycation”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is a good place to stay if you need a local hotel but there are some things that could be improved upon.
I stayed here for a brief "staycation" to rest and relax. I was using the Viana Spa, which was excellent and then stayed on at the hotel. The room was clean and a good size with everything you could need in a local hotel. I stayed on a Sunday so the price was right, though I think it's definitely overprice during peak Friday / Saturday nights.
The bathroom was very clean with a nice Marble shower and great smelling bath products from the spa. A robe was provided (though slippers were not and would have been nice).
There was a Keurig machine in the room with a good selection of coffees.
I ordered room service for Dinner and Breakfast. The food was from the fusion restaurant at the hotel. It was reasonably priced and pretty good for being able to relax in your room and have your meals brought to you. The restaurant / bar staff should have been more knowledgeable as I ordered a bottle of wine for the room and they were lacking on recommendations.
I rented a couple of movies during my stay which were very pricey considering they were already out on demand.
A couple of other things to be aware of:
-It was absolutely freezing outside so I turned the heat up and it completely sucked all the moisture out of the air and my skin.
-Someone knew I was staying there and wanted to buy me a bottle of champagne for the room and the hotel would not allow it, which is a very strange and disappointing policy.
-There is no ambiance outside of the hotel and most of the views are of parking lots.

Overall, the hotel was a good standard place to stay. It was not by any means luxurious but if you need a clean, well equipped local hotel room, I would recommend this hotel.
I know that a lot of people stay here for weddings, and it seems great for that, though I would say it's over priced during these peak times.
I highly recommend the spa, my treatments were very good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank NYCjetsetter-girl

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed there for our wedding and had a really nice time there..Hotel is exceptionally clean, modern looking with a good vibe when you walk in.......Louis the Bell Captain stood out.....He was truly the most kind, genuine person we'd ever met in our lives. Made us feel at home, was there every single time we needed something whether it was having my car brought to me asap, having bags, luggage brought up and down, chairs for hair/make up, guiding us in the right direction and so much more...he made our Wedding Weekend wonderful!

1  Thank pat b
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Our daughter's wedding was this past weekend and there were 40 rooms that were in the wedding block. The suites and rooms were spacious and the beds were so comfortable. The front desk staff always smiled and greeted us coming and going. The two bellmen, Joe and Louis, were attentive and helpful, constantly making sure all our needs were met. We ate dinner in the restaurant one night and it was very good. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. You will not be dissappointed!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank EllenB0405
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Our wedding was at the North Ritz Club so we needed a hotel that was close. We decided to stay at the Viana Hotel and Spa and was not disappointed. The hotel is very modern and clean and the staff was amazing to work with. The rooms are very spacious. Erin was there to answer all my questions and accommodated all of my requests. She was so easy and great to work with. Louis always had a smile on and helped us with everything he could. The hotel was so great with allowing us to take pictures where we wanted and provided us with a shuttle to and from the venue which was key. They even put rose pedals in our room and gave us a bottle of champagne the night of our wedding. We had about 14 rooms of people booked and everyone loved it. The hotel could not have been more helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: We booked a suite because we knew we would have a lot of wedding attire, gifts etc and it was defini...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is Comfortable, clean, relaxing, comfortable and welcoming! The room was large with a very comfortable mattress. The temperature in the room was perfect. I highly recommend a massage with Tim, the best I ever had!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jody P
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My husband and I did a one night getaway at the Viana Hotel and would highly recommend it to others. We had a fabulous time from the moment we arrived until we left late the following morning. We were greeted with a smile, the check in was easy and the staff were eager to please. Our room was a suite with a kitchenette, nice comfy king size bed, Jacuzzi and immaculately clean. We had breakfast at the restaurant the next morning. Food and service were again top notch. Check out easy. I recommend this to any couple looking for a quick getaway! Thanks for a memorable weekend.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Our wedding took place nearby at Westbury Manor and we had discovered Viana at one of Westbury's showcases. First entering the hotel we were very impressed with the elegant decor and the environmentally friendly policies. It was truly a luxury hotel. The bar and restaurant is beautiful and the rooms were spacious and very comfortable. All the rooms were set up feng shui. All of our guests loved the hotel and it really helped make our wedding weekend a success.

The hotel staff, in particular Erin (who took care of the event planning) and Louis (the bellman) were very helpful and patient with us and all of our requests, as well as those of our guests. We really felt that everyone there went above and beyond to make it a fantastic and unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!