“Amazing experience an Oasis in Long Island” 5 of 5 stars

Free Wi-Fi & Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
New York City, New York
“Amazing experience an Oasis in Long Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel is immaculate and beautiful a five star experience at a reasonable rate I can not say enough good things about my stay here.
The hotel has a feng shui theme and is a "green hotel". The atmosphere is light the ambiance warm and airy at the same time. Our room had a king bed that in my experience was the most comfortable bed of any hotel I have stayed at in a long career of international travel. The room was immaculate and on the Sunday after Valentines day was set with rose petals champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. WOW!
Staff went above and beyond very friendly driver Mike Jones I would recommend. The front desk was very accessible and the staff responsive to my requests with warmth and friendliness and helped us to plan our evening perfectly. The restaurant had a great menu many selections and the steak I had was delicious and perfectly prepared by the chef in the open air kitchen. Breakfast was equally varied and tasty. The dining room is lovely.
The spa is icing on the cake!
This is a unique property on Long Island. I would without hesitation recommend this really special hotel.

Room Tip: King bed was awesome!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chris D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Farmingdale, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I never thought my wedding night would be completely perfect but I had no idea what a disaster it would turn into. I was married at the end of January and as a gift my mom bought my husband and I one night stay with a honeymoon package which included strawberries, champagne and rose petals on the bed and throughout the hotel room. We were both exhausted and freezing because let's face it, it was January and it was bitter cold out. By the time we arrived we couldn't wait to get to our room and warm up and relax. Check-in was easy enough and the people were nice at the front desk and explained to us where our room was and how to get there. They also told us that the $20 food credit we got because my mom booked the honeymoon package was only valid for the date of check-in. My response was wait...so because it's 1 am the date of check-in was actually yesterday and we can't use it?? Ridiculous! You should really...make that known when people buy the honeymoon package!! When we arrived at our room I was struck by freezing cold temperatures in our room and wondered who would put the AC on in January. So we tried to put the heat on so we could relax in a nice warm room. To my surprise when we put the heat on the air came out cold! At this point I was starting to get upset and I decided to call the front desk to see what was going on. The front desk agent said she was so sorry but the hotel is having some problems with the heat because it's so cold and your room doesn't have heat. My jaw dropped! So why would they put us in this room, she said the man who set up the champagne, strawberries and rose petals said it wasn't too cold. I told her yes it is, it's absolutely freezing. She then told me she would send someone up with a space heater!! A space heater?? Are you kidding me? For $400 a night you move honeymooners to another room don't make them wait for someone to bring them a space heater and interrupt their wedding night. Soo...another 30 min. later someone rolled in a little space heater and left said nothing else. We decided to forget about complaining about the space heater and start our wedding night. Now onto the next thing... It was around 2:30 am when we began to hear loud noises, this continued for another 20 min., turns out it was a bunch of drunk people in the hallways..I understand that this is a hotel but come on, how do you not realize the noise level in your hotel??? Finally we were able to fall asleep around 3-3:30 am, thank god! The next thing you know its 4 am and we both wake-up startled by the sound of sweeping outside our door. I figured it was maintenance cleaning up a mess from the drunk people we heard earlier in the night. I decided to let it go and try to fall back asleep, I figured it could only go on for 5 min. Another 15 min. later I was livid and decided to get up and confront them and tell them to come back and sweep in the morning. So I open the door and some guy is making all the sweeping noises with his shoes dragging across the rugs in the hallway back and forth, knocking on the door across from our room. As soon as I saw him I got so scared that I shut the door and as I was shutting the door the guy reaches out to try to come in my room, he was obviously drunk. I finally fell back asleep and for the rest of the night there were no more disturbances. We woke-up and couldn't wait to leave, we decided to have room service for breakfast though to try to make this a nice morning. The food was good but unfortuantley we couldn't use out food credit lol. When we checked-out I we were in such a rush to get ready for the honeymoon that I didn't have the time to sit and complain to the guy so I just gave him a brief overview of what happened when he asked how our stay was. He apologized and said he wouldn't charge us for the $30 of room service we had?! I had no time to argue and we left. I will never go back!

Room Tip: get a room with heat
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank Alison V
Newport Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent stay at the Viana while snowed in this weekend. They tirelessly cleared the snow and kept the hotel spotless. Great service from the front desk and the restaurant. Highly recommended for short or longer stays.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed here for my wedding weekend. The bridal suite was amazing! The staff was so helpful and attentive. My guests and I were very pleased with the service. The brunch was delicious- so many options. I would highly recommend for future brides and guests! THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank brett_s99
Long island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

Three friends and I stayed at viana hotel and spa this weekend, booking the "spajama" package, which included spa treatment, hotel room, round of drinks at the bar, choice of in -room "chick flick" and snacks, and breakfast in the hotel restaurant. We also used a groupon for dinner in the restaurant. I had no idea this beautiful and modern hotel/spa was located only minutes from my home! I had never heard of viana until a friend recently posted about it on Facebook. I wish I had known about it sooner. It was the perfect getaway without having to travel. Will definitely plan to return

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank doctormommy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My aunt and I stayed at the Viana during my treatments at a local hospital. I was very sick as a result of the treatments and the chefs made special food for me during my stay. The staff went above and beyond to make me comfortable during a difficult time and words can express how great full I am to all of them. The cleaning staff also went above and beyond; in fact, each day I would see them cleaning things that really impressed me. Mike the shuttle driver is amazing. What a nice guy. I can only say great things about this hotel. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Keirstead72
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a business trip. Hotel was very accommodating. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. Food was pretty good as well. The staff works hard to meet your needs and did a great job providing one on one assistance. My only complaint would be that the beds weren't the most comfortable - but I like a very fluffy bed and I'm picky.

Stayed January 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 4 in Huntington
4.5 of 5 stars 181 reviews

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!