“No Chains Needed”

GreenLeadersGold level
Hastings on Hudson, New York
“No Chains Needed”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Instead of staying, for example, at the chain Hampton Inn down the road, stay here. You'll get a hustling staff that can't do enough for you, a really comfortable and huge bed, nice wood paneled hutch in the rooms, and a wonderful cooked breakfast buffet (reasonable extra charge in my case),

Big flat screen(channels unusually arrayed), lots of bathroom goodies, LEED certified, and nice and quiet.

Green Features: They really are diligent about this. You'll notice it everywhere in ways you never thought about and it will make you glad you are here.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Nice place with clean rooms. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Breakfast was simple yet good. Room was spacious with fridge, microwave and Keurig coffee all included in price. They have a Spa but had no time to check it out, maybe next time.
The shuttle driver was very friendly and helpful and offered rides even to the train station when he was available. Did not like the bedding, the blankets were too thin , would be nice to have a down comforter of some sort.....otherwise pretty good for Long Island hotels in comparison to others I have stayed at.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Masterot
Bay Ridge, New York, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013

There aren't enough words to express how wonderful my experience was at this hotel. I recently hosted my birthday party at the Viana Hotel and Spa(in the ballroom) and it was flawless thanks to the incredible staff there. Kim and Erin went ABOVE and beyond to help me plan my party and all the details that go along with it. They even upgraded my boyfriend and I to a suite (along with surprise birthday rose petals and champagne in the room!)They also gave all of my guests who stayed overnight a discounted price on their rooms and even gave a free night stay in their sister hotel nearby (and a free cab ride back and forth)to one of my guests whose room was not available because a previous party animal trashed it the night before.The staff during my party, especially Inez, were extremely attentive and friendly. Not only was the room decorated beautifully, but Inez went out of her way to help me re-frost all of my cupcakes that melted on the way to the party and smiled her way through it. She was a great bartender as well; my hand was never empty ;) From the minute you walk into this beautiful boutique hotel and you are greeted by Luis, to the minute you leave, you are treated like family. I will host my party here every year from now on and I know that I will get nothing but the best customer service from amazing people. Thank you to all of the staff at the Viana Hotel. You guys are the definition of first class service!!
Oh and BTW The spa was great too!!! The couples massage was incredible and Erica and Anthony did a phenomenal job with my hair and makeup. Don't walk, but run to this hotel if you ever need a place to stay in Long Island.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha P
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This lovely and quaint 'leading small hotels of the world' offers impeccable service. Everyone there smiles and greets you. They go well beyond what I would expect from most hotels. Rooms are lovely, well-appointed, very clean and comfortable. Even when a mistake or problem occurs they are on it. We did not have the time to try the spa.

Room Tip: only 5 floors but we were fortunate to be on the 5th floor which is listed as the penthouse. no idea...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland,Ohio
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We had almost 50 rooms taken by our family and friends at the Viana for our son's wedding, and had the rehearsal dinner there along with the brunch the morning after the wedding. The staff was incredible...professional, helpful, pleasant. They did whatever they could possibly do to make our stay and our guests' stay comfortable. Louis, the bellman manager, was definitely one of the highlights of our weekend as he made all of us feel like we were his family, and treated everyone with great warmth. The food was great, the rooms lovely and clean. This is a very special place to stay, for sure!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Princeton Junction, New Jersey
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night for a family wedding. Unfortunately, they had booked two or three other weddings that weekend, which resulted in a bit of chaos. On top of that, despite the fact that we had booked under the wedding name at the wedding rate, the clerk who took the reservation booked us for the next night. While the manager was somewhat sympathetic, they had no other rooms available due to the multiple wedding bookings. His only solution was to put us up at a "sister hotel" that was a good twenty minutes away. Since everyone was traveling to wedding events by shuttle, that wasn't going to work. Thankfully, a relative had booked an extra room and did not need it.

In any event, ultimately it was a reasonable stay. The rooms are well-appointed and clean, and the facilities are nicely kept. The bar and breakfast staff was a bit surly, but I probably would have been as well if I had to deal with multiple drunken wedding guests. Would I stay here again if I was in the area? Probably not, but it was a fairly nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cleveland East Suburbs, OH
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We traveled from Cleveland to L.I. for a family wedding and this was the hotel for the out of towners. It was great.

The first person we met was Louis, the bellman. Probably one of the most pleasant people I have ever met. He set the tone for our stay. Check in was quick, and the room was perfect (321).

Everything was clean, well appointed and very comfortable bed. Large walk in shower, no tub (Yeah!!!).

We had two catered rehearsal dinner and private brunch there with very attentive service, but I do not know about restaurant.

Spa area has whirlpool, sauna, steam, one of those pools that you swim in place, tow treadmills. two ellipticals, recumbent and upright bike, roman chair, and free weights but no place to sit down. You are not supposed to socialize there evidently.

Parking is complementary valet or park your self.

The Concierge is very helpful, Trust me we needed help with finding things and even call from our car to get an address or directions.

One complaint. A lot of wedding parties stay there because of the spa and salon, These guests seem to forget that people also go there to sleep, On both nights there there was noise in halls a various times but that Friday night (11/8) was very bad. They either need some microphones to listen in to the hall or hall monitors.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!