“Just a visitor, not by choice” 3 of 5 stars

Viana Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Canada
“Just a visitor, not by choice”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Viana simply because we were attending a wedding in Long Island and this was the hotel chosen for guests. it is very nice and the staff are super friendly. The rooms are nice (although sink drains in bathroom drain poorly). We had a problem with the room clock and called down for someone to fix it as there are no instructions in the room. Two hours later I called down again as it still was not taken care of. Cute indoor pool but it is way too small to swim in.
The A/C in our room was so noisy that we had to turn it off at night. It really sounded like a truck engine. The next day I told front desk and they send someone up quickly to repair it. Unfortunately the problem resurfaced. By that time though i was leaving.
The worst was the restaurant. Three people and you would think we would get our meals together. Wrong. They were delivered separately. We ordered a bottle of wine and usually the server pours....this time I had to do the honours.
I guess someone saw how service was because at 9:30 that night they sent up a bottle of champagne as an apology. By that time though I was not interested in champagne. (next time guys, give your guests a credit on the dinner).
Room service was great though and was no problem getting extra towels.
Very nice place but would not choose to stay there on a vacation

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My family and I celebrated my Grandma's 80th Birthday here. The staff was wonderful. Food was great and service perfect. I have nothing to complain about, and will be back here again!!! Recommended for any service type: restaurant, spa and hotel.

Thanks Will, Tim, Allen, and the head Chef D...

Grandma was surprised and satisfied!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Viana is such a nice place to stay! It is close to the beach as well as a quick drive to Manhattan. The decor is modern, food is great and hotel is clean! Hani Shindi, Assistant General Manager, was so helpful and accommodating! I highly recommend this hotel compared to the neighboring hotels in the area. It is unique and has a city feel to it!

• Stayed May 2013
new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night the Thursday before Memorial Day - my sister in law booked a block if rooms for a family function. I wasn't here for check in, but my wife advised that the valet was great, helped with bags, brought extra towels, water bottles and fruit.

The room itself was fine - we had a room in the second floor - 2 queens for the four of us (ugh - but it's only for one night). Tv decent, room kinda small, bathroom nice but small (bathroom sink drained poorly).

Worked out - 2 ellipticals, 2 treadmills, two bikes, all with individual tv's - two benches and plenty if dumbells.

They have breakfast buffet for $14 - wife went down to grab bagel and cereal snack for kids (SIS having brunch) and they didn't charge her.

Not sure of rate since we had group rate.

Would stay here again

• Stayed May 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

First let me start off by saying I was a little cautious of the location being so far away from most of the major tourist sites; however I wasn't in New York to see sites, but rather give my daughter's hand in marriage. I was traveling in a party of six (Wife, Sister-in-Law, Two Sons, and a Daughter-in-Law). We arrived three days prior to the wedding to ensure that everything was perfect for my Princess. Upon arrival we were greeted by Louis the concierge and Mike "El Jefe". Mike immediately assured us that our stay would be very memorable and if we required any assistance what so ever to let him know. Low and behold my Sister-in-Law became very ill shortly after arriving, which I tracked down Louis who directed me to Mike who drove my Sister-in-Law and Daughter-in-Law to the nearest pharmacy for medication. While waiting for those two to return to the Hotel, Joe the bellhop had the daunting tasking of running over half a ton of luggage to various rooms all while keeping the biggest smile I've ever seen. Between those three and several other staff members that ensured that any and everything we needed to make our stay more enjoyable was met. I honestly felt as the staff was a part of my family with how well my family and I were treated. I would personally endorse this hotel and staff to anyone looking for that perfect get away; whether it is a weekend getaway from the city or major event such as a wedding, family reunion, or company function. - Sammy Torres (Atlanta, GA)

Room Tip: We had various rooms ranging from standard rooms, suites, and penthouse rooms. Regardless of your ne...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sammy T
Hillsborough, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Some places deteriorate as they become more successful. Not the Viana. They manage to maintain the friendly atmosphere even though they are hugely successful. I was back on business for the first time in a while. They put me in the suite I had stayed in with my husband a year previously. I was able to relive the memories of that wonderful weekend. That was priceless. Thank you Viana. All new staff since they opened but the communication tools they use are awesome making every guest feel special and remembered. I will stay nowhere else on Long Island.

Room Tip: All rooms are equally as good. If you are celebrating splurge and upgrade to the suites PH1 is lovel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is nice for business travel. The staff is great. The workout room was fine. The TV on one of the treadmills was not working, but not a big deal. The hotel does a great job of offering shuttle service to restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Homewood Suites by Hilton Carle Place - Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City
4.0 of 5 stars 409 reviews
Glen Cove Mansion and Conference Center
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!