“Nice hotel”

GreenLeadersGold level
Buffalo, New York
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel. Staff was nice, rooms were clean, hotel was updated. The only negative is there is not enough parking for every room to have a spot. Other than that this is a great option when in the area.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Plainview, New York, United States
Reviewed March 27, 2013

My sister and I spent the night. Excellent massage! Lovely, friendly, obliging, professional staff, very accommodating. The room was large, clean very comfortable bed and assortment of pillows. Hot water in the shower. Green consciousness.

Room Tip: If you like to sleep with a quilt, request one. The room does not come with one.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The service, accommodations and little touches were par excellence. We had a family gathering to attend [wedding] and many of my siblings and such had the opportunity to gather and catch-up with each other in a nice comfortable place without breaking the bank. I am familiar with other properties owned by the Mindel family, all of which provide the same great service and accommodations. If the Mindel's offered to put me up in a cabin or tent, I would be fully confident that it would be the best cabin or tent experience possible. It's nice to benefit from family pride and tradition, it's in their blood, it really shows.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kings Park, New York
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I booked Viana Hotel & Spa for my upcoming Wedding in May. Unfortunately, upon booking my "wedding" suite and blocking 15 rooms for the wedding night, i was never asked to come in and tour the hotel & spa. I only found out, 6 months later when i arrived for my hair & makeup trial, that this was an offering that i missed out on. Otherwise so far, things have been great. Kim Millin at the hotel has been wonderful in providnig me with any information i request about the hotel and accomodations. For my hair trial with Anthony Barone, Fantastic! He is extremely knowledgeable about hair (color, cut, styles) and shares his wealth of information & passion with his clients. It truely seems that he only wants to give his clients the best. My trial hair came out great and i wore it for my bridal shower. I also had my makeup trial done by Erika Jansen and she is truely amazing. She took the time throughout the process to sstop and ask me to review the progress in the mirror and offer my input on how it looks and what i'd like her to do. I left it up to her to do what she thought was best and it looked amazing! I received SO many compliments about my makeup and i felt incredibly beautiful. She even went a step further and, seeing my best friend was spending her birthday at the salon watching me get my hair & makeup done, took it upon herself to include my friend and offer to do a light makeup application on her "as a birthday gift." What a great team Anthony & Erika are. They were more than professional - they were warm and fun and i had a blast. I cant wait until the Big Day!

Lynbrook, New York
Reviewed March 21, 2013

What can i say more than i love this place the people are so sweet the massage i received from Stephanie was fabulous she asked the whole entire time are you ok, how does that feel, are there any spots you would like me to focus on, and is the pressure to rough or is it ok. Also the receptionist to the spa who was named Tatiana was the sweetest person shes very easy to talk to she helps you with all your needs. Overall the spa was fantastic and i will definitely be going back for spa week. Also i got my make up and hair done by Erika and Anthony. They are seriously the sweetest people you dont even notice how fast time goes while you get your hair and makeup done here they talk to you the whole time i loved it. MY make up was beautiful i could have not asked for anything better. My boyfriend and I spent our anniversary here we got a king jacuzzi room. The room is very spacious and open the bathroom was fantastic along with the jacuzzi and two person shower. There are sliding doors separating the jacuzzi from the actual room. If you would like to watch tv while laying in the jacuzzi you can deff do soo. The room were spotless and cleaned very well. The fitness center was great . Overall i would deff recommend this place to everyone this place is worth every bit of money you spend. LOVED IT and will deff be staying again soon. ~Samantha~

Huntington, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I won a one-night stay at the Viana in a charity auction but from what I can tell online, it's an average priced hotel, it not on the higher side. But the hotel is very nice, rather small, and has an interesting architectural look. But that part of Westbury is, well, ugly. It's very 1970s Long Island so every hotel room has an ugly view of parking lots and highways. But you won't be staying here for the view.

Upon check-in the staff was VERY attentive. There are no check-in counters like you may be used to, you are seated at a desk. We were given a penthouse room, and I don't know how it compares to other rooms, but it was very nice. Very large. Nicely decorated, but starting to look a bit threadbare in places, which was surprising considering it's a 2 year old hotel.

One of our phones did not work, it looked like something sticky had gotten on it (gross!) but the room felt otherwise very clean. The lightswitch for the bathroom is outside the bathroom, which took getting used to, but no big deal. Bed was comfy, water in the shower was hot, nice fluffy towels, robes for your use, all the important stuff.

A few minor complaints. There's a frosted glass door to the bathroom, which is pretty. However, if you want to sleep in and you pull the blackout curtains closed in your room, there is no way to prevent the light from coming in the bathroom window, and then through the bathroom door, right into the room. So GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! Also, in the billiard/game room downstairs, it was freezing cold and looked like a tornado had gone through.

The continental breakfast in the morning was better than most, but not great.

Didn't use the spa, but thought it was a nice hotel and would go back if I needed to stay in a hotel that was 30 minutes from home for some reason.

1 Thank jensearch
East Meadow, New York
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had my family and friends staying at the Viana Hotel and Spa in February 2013 for our wedding weekend. The day before the wedding a huge snow storm hit and my initial place for hair and makeup didn't think they could open the next morning for the wedding. I called the Viana and found out who the hair and makeup team was at their hotel and got in contact with them. From the second I spoke to Erica, she made me feel so confident and comfortable that they would be there for Saturday morning and do a good job. Erica and Anthony both spoke to me on the phone and even offered to come to my house the morning before for a trial. Just by speaking to them on the phone I knew I wouldn't even need one. The Friday night before the wedding they stayed in the hotel and came to my room and looked at me and my whole bridal party and asked what kind of hairstyles we wanted. I had a huge bridal party that consisted of 12 girls including me.... Erica was the makeup artist and Anthony the hair stylist. Without any help they got all of us done and we looked amazing. My hair and makeup was flawless. I have sunspots on my arms and Erika even airbrushed my arms for me. It was a blessing in disguise because I couldn't have been any happier and all without any trials. The hotel was also amazing at accommodating everyone and even providing an amazing breakfast the next morning for over 30 people. Besides recommending the Viana hotel I would absolutely recommend Erica and Anthony for hair and makeup for every and any event.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Hilton Garden Inn Westbury
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!