“Great Find on Long Island”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Rhode Island
“Great Find on Long Island”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I needed to travel to Westbury New York on business and spent a fair amount of time researching area hotels. I settled on the Viana because of its proximity to my business appointment as well as the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor. I was not disappointed. I found the staff of the Hotel from the check in clerk to the housekeeping service exceptional. They were attentive to my needs making check in simple and efficient and addressing any issues that came up such as a remote that did not work very quickly. The room was well maintained with an excellent decor. The common areas of the Hotel are nicely decorated and furnished and were comfortable to be in, especially in front of the fireplace. The Hotel is convenient to the highway and easy to get to. I highly recommend the hotel to anyone who is considering staying in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank RIguy_7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
SCUNTHORPE
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We stayed for two nights with the wedding party and travelled to the venue on both days
conveniently placed to JFK and Long Island city
The weather unfortunately was not very good over cast, showers, foggy which was not helpful
There was free tea but not coffee, something to do with spa hotel ?
Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious, staff very helpful
I would recommend it if you have engagements/business locally

Room Tip: room with balcony
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank SURESH N
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2012

When Super-storm Sandy struck, my wife and I evacuated from our home on the beach. We found shelter in the Viana Hotel and Spa in Westbury, NY. It was our silver lining in this devastating act of nature. The staff is SUPER. They are caring and sincere and want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel itself is beautiful and spotless and the ownership, management and staff are always ready to cater to your every need. The rooms are equipped with a comfortable bed, luxurious linen, flat screen television, microwave refrigerator, a comfortable reclining chair and a desk. The bathrooms are tiled and well lit and are equipped with a magnifying mirror and hair dryer. The towels are soft and fluffy. By the way, the Viana is a "green" hotel. The hotel has a restaurant/bar called the Marco Polo. It serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food is wonderfully prepare by an expert cadre of chefs. The wait staff and bar tenders are warm and friendly and strive to make your dinning experience pleasurable. By the way, the hotel is well located. It's just minutes away from the LIE, Long Island's major parkways, and the Long Island Railroad. The Viana Hotel and Spa is a great place to stay and my wife and I feel it is our home away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank papaphila
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I got married October 2012 my out of town guests and my family all stayed in Viana hotel, the staff and management were very professional and friendly. Would like to say thanks especially to Kristen who helped me out so much. The day of our wedding my bridesmaids and I along with our guests got our make up and hair done would like to take this opportunity to say a heartfelt thanks to Erika (makeup artist) and Anthony (hairdresser) who were so professional and friendly. Ye did such a great job we all looked amazing ye work so well together and made us all feel so relaxed. Thanks for helping to make my day so special.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank misbit20
New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I wrote a review in how terrible this hotel way durring my stay . How come its not posted They shut off hot water from 1 am till 5am and if you work in the middle of the night like I do thats just to bad. Hotel manager lied to me about that it happened 4 nights in a row. My wife got up at 530 am and always had hot water. So they lie and think that allright. service at marco pol was so bad, i would not even go there if food was free. I stayed 5 nights durring the storm and my previous review was not posted i Hopefully this one is STAY AWAY FROM THIS OVERPRICED HOTEL

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank postalman
Viana1, General Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are grateful that you took the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
Although, it is always unfortunate to hear of our shortcomings, guest comments and survey responses are extremely valuable in guiding us toward complete guest satisfaction.
In regards to your previous review not being posted, please understand that we have no control over what reviews get posted on TripAdvisor.
I do apologize for the hot water issues you experienced during your stay with us. However we never shut off the hot water in the hotel. Due to the lose of power for 4 days as a result of the Hurricane we experienced during your stay with us, there might have been a possible lapse in the system and we have since had the system checked.
Again due to the natural disaster that occurred while you were staying with us, our restaurant was trying to cope the best way they could with the volume of people and displaced families they were feeding. We are sorry that our service was not up to your standards but again this was an unusual time and never before seen circumstances that we were learning to deal with as the days went on. This was not representative of the service we have become famous for and we hope that you will return and give us another try.
We welcome any additional feedback from you in regards to anything else that might help improve or enhance our property and/or our restaurant based on some of the ratings you gave us.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My husband and I had the extremely good fortune to find a room at the Viana after hurricane Sandy required us to evacuate our home. The hotel itself is clean and lovely, the rooms spacious and comfortable but it was the staff that made our stay so wonderful. We were shell-shocked as were many of those staying there. The place was packed but we found that the level of service was excellent at all times. If they can be so customer service driven under such extreme circumstances I can only imagine how terrific they are under normal conditions. A big thank you to the staff at the Viana Hotel for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fishmate327
new york
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hurricane Sandy challenged us a well, and despite being only inconvenienced (no power) we were very lucky to find this gem of a hotel not too far from where we live. We stayed there for five nights, third floor PH30 (penthouse floor).
First let me say how diligent the housekeeping staff was. Rooms were done promptly, every day before noon. All toiletries and drinks replenished whether we used it or not. Plenty of towels and even lovely flower petals in the bathroom!
The hotel is beautifully decorated and the rooms a meticulously appointed. There’s a bar on the upper level as well as a restaurant and a game room for the kids equipped with pool table, Xbox with games, board games and books.
Spa - My daughter used the Spa’s services and was very pleased with the treatments, prices are average compared to other spas and the staff again was exceptional.

Marco Polo restaurant - The only restaurant on premises but what service! They were inundated with families trying to overcome the hurricane's aftermath and never did we see any staff member lose their temper or neglect their duties. If service was slow, it was due to the sheer number of people waiting to be seated and served. The place is small but they always accommodated everyone and the food was extremely delicious. Room service never took more than 20 minutes to arrive and they were even kind enough to serve us very late at night during the snow storm when no deliveries were available from the Pizzeria or Chinese take out.
Front desk staff – I really do not have enough words to thank them. Mike, Chris and Kim consistently tried to assist all guests attempting to extend their stay due to lack of power at their homes and all that while two weddings were supposed to take place at the hotel. Our kids (a gang of around 12 boys and girls from Roslyn, Wheatley and Syosset) were roaming the hotel and the staff not only allowed them to occupy certain areas of the hotel without chastising them, they made sure the game room was cleaned three times a day and the Xbox games were always available. We’re truly in awe of their professionalism and kindness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Garden City Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!