“Surprising”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 16, 2012

October 14-October 15: My first 1 night stay at this hotel was surprising. Upon entry you are greeted by an enthusiastic friendly staff. Check-in was quick and easy. Once in the room, I was pleasantly surprised to discover beautiful marble entry way, a spacious open room good quality furnishings [sorry no pictures]. Comfortable bed. Love the glass shower doors. For the most part the room appeared to be immaculate. I moved the nightstand to plug in my ipad and discovered a dirty pair of underwear that apparently belonged to a former guest. Upon checking out I mentioned then find of the underwear and how I found it. His reply was that shouldn't have happened. I hope that you washed your hands. I did not find that comment to be funny or useful. Ordered room service for breakfast [pancakes that were a little stuff] did not receive any butter. Did not try spa. Would have given this property a higher waiting had it not been for the underwear. Otherwise, I really like the room/venue.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Viana1, Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are grateful that you took the time to post a TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
Although, it is always unfortunate to hear of our shortcomings, guest comments are extremely valuable in guiding us toward complete guest satisfaction. I do apologize for the underwear being left behind in your room. It is our policy to always inspect our guest rooms, sometimes double inspect them. The Housekeeping manager has been informed of this oversight and will be speaking with his staff to ensure this never happens again. I am also sorry that when you spoke with the Front Desk about this situation they did not respond in the proper way. The issue has been addressed with the Front Office Manager.
We welcome any additional feedback from you in regards to anything else that might help improve or enhance our property and/or our restaurant based on some of the ratings you gave us. We do value your patronage and hope that you will come back so we have the chance to show you the level of service we have become famous for.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My (now) husband and I chose the Viana as the place for our wedding guests to stay after our wedding. EVERYONE has said what a lovely hotel it is. The service was top notch all the way around. The staff knew we were newly married, and went above and beyond for us. They stored our cake top in the freezer, and helped us cart our dozen of boxes that we had to bring from the reception with us. The rooms were beautiful, very clean, and have a nice modern decor. The food at brunch was delicious, and the service was good as well. They kept the plates full and the tables clean and people came in and out.

The best thing about the Viana was working with them to get the booking done. E-mails and phone messages were all answered within a day, and they made some special accommodations for our guests such as allowing early check-in.

I would really recommend this to everyone. We live about 15 minutes away from the Viana, but we've already said we want to go back for a nice weekend to enjoy the spa again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Unfortunatly, I normally only take the time to write a review if I dislike something. But I was really impressed with this hotel and felt it deserved my time. It's definitely the best I could find in the area I needed. The rooms were immaculate. The shower large( no tub) and elegant. The bar and resturant were the highlight for me! " Miguelito" was an amazing chef. The Gorgonzola steak veggies and tiramisu was the best hotel meal I've had in recent memory! The area outside the hotel is not the best, but once inside it is a haven. Not really a place for kids. I loved the chenille blanket on the bed.
-room for improvement: the spa is unavailable and pricey. One of the receptionist at the front seemed condescending after I asked a simple question, but changed demeanor considerably once I changed into fancier attire. Pool is tiny. 1 person Stationary laps?

Overall exceptionally clean and well maintained. Great decor, and the halls smell like a light sent of lemongrass. Very pleasant. I would absoluy stay here again. -- just for some food made by Miguelito!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is over priced! If I wasn't there for a wedding, I wouldn't have stayed. The shower had no water pressure so that made for an interesting morning. We complained to the front desk and they said oh well, there's nothing we can do. They could have take some money off the expensive rate considering we had to walk around all day without a shower. I got my hair done at the the spa in the late morning and it fell out by 6pm. That was before the dancing so there was no crazy dancing that would make it fall put. The staff in the salon were rude. They were mocking their clients and making snotty comments. That is unexceptable considering these people are paying you for your service! If you have a problem, discuss after your clients leave and not right infront of them. So rude and disrespectful. I wish I cohold get my money back, or at least the automatic 20% that's added on. The pillows in the hotel were dirty. Housekeeping wasn't paying attention when they put a lipstick stained pillow case on the bed - disgusting! I would never stay here again. It's not worth the amount of money they are charging.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank MrsCruz825
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is a beautiful hotel which I thought to be trying to be eco-friendly. We stayed for one night. The lobby included complimentary lemonade and fruit. I also had an appointment for a 50 minute massage at the spa for a relaxing Swedish and it was very relaxing. Christina gave me a very relaxing massage. I almost fell asleep 3 times during the massage. After the massage, I was able to use the hot tub to relax which is located next to the spa. The hot tub, virtual pool, steam room and sauna and shower stall are located next to the spa as well as the fitness center.

Pluses for this hotel include, free wi-fi/internet in the room and lobby; good fitness center with machines, free weights and even a mat to do your stretching, as well as water and towels available, sensor light in fitness room to save energy. Hotel Room included a Keurig cup machine, microwave, refrigerator, safe, iron, spa robes to wear, spacious bed, desk, trash can for recycling and trash.

Minuses: if you don't have a car, there aren't too many good restaurants to dine at.
We had an incident during our one night stay. The guest across from us had noisy guests and they were laughing and talking in the hallway. We asked the group to be quiet as we were trying to sleep and they were rude and knocked on our door twice. Then we had to call the front desk about the noise. They kept us up for at least 30 minutes at 12:30 AM.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank KWong55
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Brand new clean and comfortable rooms. It was a little annoying to see how many people park their SUV's in the hybrid only spots though. Other than that my stay was perfect. I was there for a business trip, however would love to return with my wife someday.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank travelrncs
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stayed at the Viana as part of a "wedding partyl" - the bride, groom and guests stayed there.Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, and very accommodating. They made us as guests feel very wlecome and went above and beyond the call of duty, in that the Manager, on hearing that we wanted to hire a taxi to take us to a rented appartment in Manhatton, offered to kindly take ourselves and luggage to their sister hotel in Queens, thus saving on taxi fare. We tried to reimburse him but he would not hear of it. How many Managers or staff would go to these lengths to help guests? We were really impressed and would definitely stay at the Viana again and would certainly recommend this hotel and its staff to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Garden City Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!