“Not worth the price”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is over priced! If I wasn't there for a wedding, I wouldn't have stayed. The shower had no water pressure so that made for an interesting morning. We complained to the front desk and they said oh well, there's nothing we can do. They could have take some money off the expensive rate considering we had to walk around all day without a shower. I got my hair done at the the spa in the late morning and it fell out by 6pm. That was before the dancing so there was no crazy dancing that would make it fall put. The staff in the salon were rude. They were mocking their clients and making snotty comments. That is unexceptable considering these people are paying you for your service! If you have a problem, discuss after your clients leave and not right infront of them. So rude and disrespectful. I wish I cohold get my money back, or at least the automatic 20% that's added on. The pillows in the hotel were dirty. Housekeeping wasn't paying attention when they put a lipstick stained pillow case on the bed - disgusting! I would never stay here again. It's not worth the amount of money they are charging.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank MrsCruz825

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Oakland, California
Reviewed September 3, 2012

It is a beautiful hotel which I thought to be trying to be eco-friendly. We stayed for one night. The lobby included complimentary lemonade and fruit. I also had an appointment for a 50 minute massage at the spa for a relaxing Swedish and it was very relaxing. Christina gave me a very relaxing massage. I almost fell asleep 3 times during the massage. After the massage, I was able to use the hot tub to relax which is located next to the spa. The hot tub, virtual pool, steam room and sauna and shower stall are located next to the spa as well as the fitness center.

Pluses for this hotel include, free wi-fi/internet in the room and lobby; good fitness center with machines, free weights and even a mat to do your stretching, as well as water and towels available, sensor light in fitness room to save energy. Hotel Room included a Keurig cup machine, microwave, refrigerator, safe, iron, spa robes to wear, spacious bed, desk, trash can for recycling and trash.

Minuses: if you don't have a car, there aren't too many good restaurants to dine at.
We had an incident during our one night stay. The guest across from us had noisy guests and they were laughing and talking in the hallway. We asked the group to be quiet as we were trying to sleep and they were rude and knocked on our door twice. Then we had to call the front desk about the noise. They kept us up for at least 30 minutes at 12:30 AM.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank KWong55
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Brand new clean and comfortable rooms. It was a little annoying to see how many people park their SUV's in the hybrid only spots though. Other than that my stay was perfect. I was there for a business trip, however would love to return with my wife someday.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank travelrncs
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We recently stayed at the Viana as part of a "wedding partyl" - the bride, groom and guests stayed there.Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, and very accommodating. They made us as guests feel very wlecome and went above and beyond the call of duty, in that the Manager, on hearing that we wanted to hire a taxi to take us to a rented appartment in Manhatton, offered to kindly take ourselves and luggage to their sister hotel in Queens, thus saving on taxi fare. We tried to reimburse him but he would not hear of it. How many Managers or staff would go to these lengths to help guests? We were really impressed and would definitely stay at the Viana again and would certainly recommend this hotel and its staff to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We recently used the Viana as "wedding central" - the bride, groom, both sets of parents, and guests stayed there. We had a large room block and many of the guests remarked about how pleased they were with the hotel. Everyone at the hotel was professional, friendly, and accommodating. They made our guests feel very welcomed. A special thanks to the bellman, Luis. What a wonderful welcoming smile and attitude. Brunch in the "ballroom" on Sunday was delicious and a wonderful way to say goodbye to our guests. I would highly recommend the Viana. To all the staff there - well done!

• Stayed July 2012
Viana1, Manager at Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your "wedding central" location on Long Island and Congratulations on your wedding. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. To that end, we are grateful you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us and we thank you for your feedback.
Not every guest takes the time to share their positive experience with other travelers so we really appreciate the fact that you did. We believe our future travelers will appreciate it too!
Our daily search for excellence is ongoing and we thank you for your assistance in trying to achieve it. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back. Until then, please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in any way.
Bronx, New York
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I used this hotel to for my wedding block and bridal party. My husband and I also stayed there the night before our wedding in different room. The staff was nice and the rooms were great especially my bridal suite. I went to the spa and the massage was awesome as well as my mani and pedi and they were so accomodating as I was runnig late and they stayed late for me and I know they didn't have to. My guests who stayed thee mentioned they enjoyed as well. My sons loved the breakfast at Marco Polo and they are picky so that says alot again we got there late an they were accomodating to us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your wedding block and Congratulations on your wedding. I am so glad to hear you enjoyed our Spa as well as our Restaurant. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. To that end, we are grateful you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us and we thank you for your feedback.
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed August 15, 2012

You would expect a small luxury hotel with a spa would want to create a nice first impression? Not so at the Viana. As I got out of my car directly in the front of the hotel were people sitting on bench smoking. As a former smoker I don't have issues with people smoking however, I do take issue with a bench and ashtray so close to the front entrance. Oh and did I mention this is a spa. I was not impressed find a better location. The restaurant food was also not very good, it was limited, fried and I had to seat my family and myself. As for family, this is not a kid friendly hotel. The pool is for athletics not children and the game room is for adults not children.

I guess if you live close by and are having a wedding this would be considered a nice place to stay. But when you are well traveled and have stayed at different types of hotels you know what luxury should be.

I suggest you get a good price, eat off premises and do not bring any children with you if you’re thinking of staying at the Viana.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dakotaboy2012
Thank you for choosing the Viana Hotel and Spa for your stay on Long Island. We sincerely appreciate having the opportunity to serve you. We are gratefully that you took the time to post a trip advisor review regarding your recent stay. We value our guests; their opinions and concerns mean a great deal to us. Constructive criticism always helps us to praise those who have done well and the negative helps us to evaluate situations and make any necessary changes to improve our service.
Although, it is always unfortunate to hear of our shortcomings, guest comments and survey responses are extremely valuable in guiding us toward complete guest satisfaction. I'm distraught to hear that your first impression of us was of a guest smoking right outside the building. Although we are a non-smoking property with signs stating that there is no smoking allowed within 25 feet of the hotel it is sometimes difficult to control who is smoking outside. Our restaurant Marco Polo's features Italian food with Asian influences with a wide variety of menu options. While we do have some fried food on the menu we do also feature healthy options such as salads, wraps, and fish. I do apologize that you were not greeted in the proper way upon your arrival to the restaurant and can assure you that this will be addressed to our restaurant manager. We are sorry you were not satisfied with our restaurant and hope that after further review you will come back.
We have an indoor pool as well as game room and encourage families to take advantage of these amenities. Even though the pool has a sign saying adults only, children are allowed as long as they are accompanied by an adult.
We welcome any additional feedback from you in regards to anything else that might help improve or enhance our property and/or our restaurant based on some of the ratings you gave us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Garden City Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#1 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!