“Nice place-Great food-OK service”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Berryville, Virginia
“Nice place-Great food-OK service”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just finished up 3 nights and its a true 4 star. Great bar with high priced beer but the food is very good. Clean room with fridge, confy bed and pillows. The gym needs cleaned and updated but its OK. They do have a swim spa.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Queens, New York, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Erika was a doll! I had my makeup trial done for my wedding. She was patient, professional, and really listened to what I wanted. We did a dramatic look on one side of the face and a toned down look on the other side. We were able to compare looks and found the one that best fit my personality and vision for the wedding. I didn't feel rushed and felt as though her concern was to make me the happiest bride that I could be. She is an awesome make up artist and I would highly recommend her! Thanks for everything Erika!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Michelle D
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I am here as a corporate pilot often staying at Farmingdale airport. I have been here a few times and don't want to come again. The area around the hotel is not very nice. While the rooms are very good, the beds great, the dining area for breakfast is dirty, always filled with flies, fruit flies etc. do they really clean here? The milk is always warm. The fruit selection is sparse, and no berries. No salsa for eggs...hhmmmm? Plates are always wet. Coffee area not clean .. Trash barrel filthy to put coffee supplies into to throw away. The entire check-in process was a long drawn out mess , I've seen this twice now. I can't imagine paying for this place in my own. I'll take a Hilton garden inn any day!

4 Thank Jetpeter1
Louisville, KY
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Everything about it was absolutely fabulous and luxurious! Unfortunately, mine was a business trip and I did not get to experience the spa or food. The ONLY negative comment I have is that the shower water did not get warm enough for my taste. Unfortunately, that is one of the expected tradeoff's that comes with "green" design. This would not stop me from going again, and again, and again.......

1 Thank TB_BA
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012

The customer service is very good at this hotel, almost everyone was extremely nice from the front desks to the bellhop and to house keeping. I needed last minute accommodations and Viana was the only hotel that was available for the whole weekend in the area. The Superior King room, while not very modern, was clean and spacious, and the bathroom was a decent size (there's a nice big shower with sliding glass doors). I loved that there's a coffee machine, microwave and empty fridge in the room. I just wish there had been a few refreshments in the fridge. I could fit my 15" laptop in the safe. I used the Keurig every morning. There was always a fresh bottle of water next to it to pour into it. Oh, and the free wi-fi was awesome! I had no connection problems whatsoever. The bed was very comfy. I actually used the desk, which I never do because the desk chair was so comfortable. I really loved that chair. I like that this is a 'green' hotel. Even the little things such as having a waste bin that's split for recycling impressed me. The only negative was that housekeeping didn't replenish my tissues which I called down for, but that's a very minute problem. I love sleeping in a cold room. I couldn't change the a/c setting to blast it higher because it's set on low (I thought it would ruin my night), but I actually had to raise the temperature because it got too cold. I unfortunately wasn't able to use the gym, spa or pool.

Marco Polo, the small restaurant on site, was just okay. It took longer than it should have for someone to acknowledge me to be seated. There were a couple of flies buzzing around me. The food wasn't as good as I had read about, it was meh. The dessert didn't taste fresh. My water wasn't refilled until I was done with my meal. The menu didn't appeal to me at all, there were a lot of fried/breaded items. Some of the waitstaff spoke to me without a smile, at times I felt like I was being ignored.

More like 4.5 stars. The deduction is for the restaurant.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I came to the Viana Spa for a make up and hair trial with Erika and Anthony for my wedding. They are a wonderful team! They are nice, friendly, professional, and listen to what you want. They take their time to make sure you are happy with the results! The results were beautiful and flawless! I am so happy to have found them and can't wait till my wedding. I recommend them to anyone looking for professional makeup and hair.

-Marissa

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Marissa C
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Have satyed at the Viana on business as well as vacation. Hotel theme is very up to date. The best part of the hotel is their staff, from the bell hops to management WOW. They will stand on their heads to satisfy you 100%. Nancy Michael Kim Louis and everyone elses there WoW.

Room Tip: Just ask the staff