“you won't be disappointed if you stay here”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Hyattsville, Maryland
“you won't be disappointed if you stay here”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

my husband and i spent our first anniversary here. we had such a great experience that i hope we spend every anniversary here. when we arrived, we were greeted with a warm welcome. check in was fast and easy. the front desk employees were so pleasant. after putting our bags in our room, we went to the restaurant in the hotel Marco Polo. the food was fantastic (at least what we ordered was great) the only thing that threw me off was the soybeans they serve in lieu of salads. to our surprise, they surprised us with glasses of champagne during our meal. when we went back to our room, we were surprised with rose petals from the door leading to the bed. we used the Jacuzzi. hopefully next time we will take advantage of the full service spa. the bed and linens were soft and clean. best sleep I've had in a long time. the breakfast the next morning was good too. its not a huge selection, but its enough and it was very tasty. i'm not sure what the neighborhood is like but there is a movie theater across the street. i would recommend this hotel to everyone! i cant wait to go back. my husband planned a fantastic first anniversary, and the Viana added the icing on the cake.

Room Tip: we had the king suite and it was nice. i don't think they have any bad rooms. next time i want t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tashieka T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Phoenix
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Viana Hotel and Spa is a wonderful break from the larger chains. The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. Allen who worked the restaurant and bar assisted with my food selections and all week they were a home run! The hotel is spotless and the gym very accommodating. Unfortunately I did not have time to use the spa but the menu was very enticing!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Long Island, New York
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I went to Viana for a massage at the spa.

It started out frustrating that the parking lot was full and the valet didn't come out, so I had to drive around and finally park in an industrial park a few blocks away. However, I was greeted very warmly by several smiling employees as I entered the lobby. The lobby was very pretty and the little I saw of the hotel looked very nice.

The spa receptionist was very friendly, sweet, and professional. My treatment room was great and the actual massage wonderful. I also liked the technician, Allison, very much. THe whole spa seemed very clean.

My biggest complaint is the locker room size which is tiny. It seems like it is basically made for one person at a time. I went in to get something from my locker and there were 2 women in there, and I had to wait to get in. It's almost impossible for two people to change at the same time and not bump into each other. I also prefer that the toilets be in the locker room. The rest room was in the salon portion, and things were stored in the shower stall to get them out of the way, like mops and cleaning supplies. That looked unprofessional. Plus, it is odd to sort of walk around in a towel and or robe from the locker room to the salon and back.

There was a shower stall in the locker room, though, and I thought that was odd since If someone is showering when you are getting dressed I would imagine the whole room getting steamed up.

The sauna and steam room are nice, but very small as well, and co-ed. I found the slippers kinda cheap, and the towels a bit too small to stay on you when you wrap them around your body.

I was wished a good day by yet another smiling staff member as I left the hotel lobby.

I feel bad about the negatives because the staff was so great but think Viana could tweek a few things and this spa would be great.

If you was staying at the hotel and didn't really need the locker room the spa is wonderful.

I would go back for the treatments since they were so good and the staff so friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank havesuitcase153
Cowpens, SC
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Although the primary reason for my travel to Long Island is work, being able to stay at the Viana Hotel and Spa makes my weekly trip a bit more rewarding.

I expect to be staying at this hotel for next few months, so that certainly will prove interesting.

Great Spa, workout center, excellent breakfast with eggs & omelettes cooked to order.
Thoroughly enjoyable.

Nancy is very welcoming as is Natalie, Joe, and the rest of the team.
Thanks,
John K.

Room Tip: The handicapped rooms with a tub are slightly less desireable than than standard rooms with larger s...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Santa Barbara
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The Viana Hotel was unfortunately just a stop-over for us traveling from Conn., to get us close enough to JFK for a morning flight without being too close or hit traffic, so we didn't get a chance to use the spa or really even settle in. The staff was extremely courteous and more helpful than I've experienced at even the 5-star hotels we've visited. I can't say enough about what a wonderful experience it was. As for the location, it has good freeway access if you have a need to spend a night or a few in the area. While the area around the hotel may seem either too residential and/or industrial, (it is an odd mix), the hotel itself more than makes up for it. Did I mention the staff was great? My family isn't the easiest to travel with, but I didn't hear one complaint, and that says a great deal.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
hockessin, de
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed for two nights with a party of 6 and initially had a dissapointing experience with the taxi service recommended by the hotel.
However, after sending an email explaining what had happened and how it affected us, the manager called me and made a very appropriate adjustment to our charges. He could not have been more interested in our experience and anxious to "make things right."
The staff at this hotel had been very helpful, including the front desk and especially the doorman, but the manager really made us believe that they do want the travelers who stay with them to have a totally good experience.
We had a great coffee machine, free water, a microwave, refrigerator, and a very clean and spacious room at the Viana.
Would definitely recommend this as a place to stay in this area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary with a show at the westbury music hotel in New York.The hotel is in the middle of a commercial area so we were not very excited when we arrived.When we went inside it was a different experience!!The first thing we did after the super fast check in was marvel at the beautiful room.We then ordered some room service to snack on and it was delightful!I then soaked in the lovely deep whirlpool bath enjoying the cocktails sent up by room service.Which I might add was so fast everything warm and drinks cold.The next morning we enjoyed the spa.We shared a his and her massage that was as good as any four star hotel could offer.We can not wait to go there again!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
Garden City Hotel
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#3 of 4 in Garden City
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!