“A Gem of a Boutique Hotel on Long Island”

Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Westbury
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby. The entire experience was enjoyable. The decor is lovely, the room was spacious and beautifully appointed, including the bathroom which is so important. I wish I could have that shower in my house, fully tiled walk-in shower with heavy glass doors. We enjoyed the bar after the wedding and the restaurant for breakfast the morning after. People working there couldn't have been more pleasant or helpful. A terrific experience from start to finish, only wish we could have had time to sample the spa which I expect also would have lived up to the rest of the place.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed March 25, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Viana because it was the hotel selected by the bridal couple for their guests for their wedding reception at the Sandcastle in Franklin Square. It was not the closest hotel but I can easily understand why it was chosen. We loved the fact that it was a ‘green hotel’, with a lovely room plus all the staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We enjoyed our short stay a great deal and considered it an excellent choice. If I were local to this area I would definitely go back to enjoy their spa services.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank FLStarfish
Reviewed March 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently celebrated our 7 year anniversary together, and originally had a mini ski trip planned, but due to the fact that I obtained a new job, I wasnt able to take the time off. I was aware of this hotel and figured why not?? well it far exceeded my expectations from the friendliness of the staff, to how clean every aspect of the hotel was, to the fact that they impliment a 'green' environment including paperless menus at the bar, and privacy buttons, rather than paper signs. The decor was modern and sleek, very desirable to a younger crowd. We also got to experience and were over thrilled with their spa with a 50 minutes couples massage! ( pool was a bit small, hot tub was perfect size, so I'll take that over a pool! ) though there are not many sights to see locally, and the view from the room isnt amazing ... our favorite steakhouse, Ruth Chris is approximately 5 minutes away and was also another incredible experience! somewhere I would most certainly visit again if your looking for a mini stay-cation!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2012

The Viana Hotel & Spa was wonderful! Every staff member was excellent and ready to please. We were checked in within 5 minutes. The buffet breakfast was delicious and everything was very fresh. Didn't have time for the spa but we are definitely going to visit again. Well worth it if you are in the Westbury area. We have stayed in hotels in Europe and The Viana beats most of them. What a pleasant stay! A must do, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarolCz
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The hotel has good service. We weren't too happy with the rooms though. It was dull and did not have a very good view, twas like the back of a building. The bathroom was very clean though. The hallway is my favorite. It has pipe-in music and very classy.
The swimming pool is the smallest pool i've seen in my entire life, no kidding. There's a whirlpool so that's ok, a steam and dry sauna.

Room Tip: i think this is ok if you're staying for a night or two on a business trip. Otherwise, there...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights with my family and all enjoyed it. Unfortunatly we never made it to the spa because of time constrains, just had a look and it seemed very tempting.
The hotel is clean an comfortable, best though were the very friendly employes, they did a great job.
One weekness was the breakfest. It was every morning exactly the same, probably targeted at the typical one night business traveller. In addition the location is nothing special and only reachable by car or taxi.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Remnik
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Went to this hotel for a girls get together. We had great massages at the spa. The staff is very professional and our massages were so therapeutic and relaxing. The housekeeping staff was very accommodating. Room was very clean. Our only complaint was that the heating system tends to be very loud when it goes on and off. It kept me awake most of the night. Food at the restaurant is good. Some entrees can be hit or miss. Nice relaxing atmosphere and vibe in the hotel. I just wish this place was a little bit larger. It can be a little claustrophobic in the small restaurant especially if it is busy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank napagirl2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westbury
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
Red Roof PLUS+ Long Island
Hyatt Place Garden City
Hyatt Place Garden City
#2 of 4 in Garden City

Been to Viana Hotel & Spa, BW Premier Collection? Share your experiences!