“A Hidden Treasure”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2011

If you want delicious Turkish food in an unpretentious restaurant with modest prices, this is the place.First I had the Mediterranean salad which was so fresh and delicious. I highly recommend the very tasty lamb sautee! The chef came out of the kitchen to see if we were enjoying our dinner. I doubt that he would have come over if he thought we weren't.
As my mother used to say to me "Try it you'll like it!"

1  Thank passionate-gardener
There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Kebab House

Reviewed October 5, 2011

The Mediterranean Kebab House is one of those hidden treasures known best by locals. It is a place to get delicious Turkish food at reasonable prices. My wife's favorite is the Chicken Chops and I go for the Chicken Saute. I also recommend the white Turkish wine.

Reviewed February 1, 2009

Try their pides!

Reviewed August 15, 2008

If you are in Westbury or near, this is the perfect place to have a nice meal. All I have to say is... YUMMY!!!!

The restaurant is nice and clean. Turkish music plays in the background.

We ordered a few appetizers. I had the "Sigara Borek" which is delicate filo dough wrapped with feta cheese and parsley. It is very good and light. We also ordered the "Humus" with pita bread. Very tasty!

For the main course, I ordered the "Lahmacun" which is three pieces of their version of an ancient Turkish meat pie with ground lamb, topped with parsley, fresh tomatoes, red peppers and onion on a thin dough. The portion was huge and very filling. We also ordered the Gyros (Doner Kebab) which was very tasty. The rice had a good flavor too.

We did not order dessert but a nice display of them at the counter, almost made us return to the table and order some of them. And order the Turkish beer; very nice, tasty and light.

The prices are amazingly cheap for the quality of the food. Appetizers are $5 to $9. Main courses cost $9 to $16.

The Final Verdict:

Food Quality/Flavor: 5.0 out of 5.0

Wine/Alcohol Selection: 4.5 out of 5.0

Price Value: 4.5 out of 5.0

Bathrooms Cleanliness: 3.0 out of 5.0

Final Score: 35 out of 40 (88 out of 100% or B+ grade)

Final Comment: Fantastic food! And the prices are amazingly cheap. A great place for the budget conscious without sacrificing the food quality and quantity.