“more upscale than anticipated”

City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
City Cellar Wine Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Westbury
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Zeckendorf Blvd.
Massapequa, New York
“more upscale than anticipated”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although more upscale than anticipated, we were pleasantly surprised for our first time here on a couples night out. Enjoyed the setting and the food, service was excellent.

Visited July 2014

Merrick, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

The City Cellar is an upscale restaurant with a beautiful setting inside and can be very romantic.Food is excellent though on the higher priced side.

Visited March 2014
Tennessee
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

Flew up to NY to see James Taylor at Jones Beach Theater and ate here for dinner. I ordered the Shrimp and Scallops. Shrimp was overcooked and the scallops had crunchy stones throughout. The mushroom risotto was good that went with it. We drank water. My companions were not happy with their meals either and they brought me there because the one time they'd eaten there a year prior it was absolutely fabulous and they wanted to share the experience. For 30 dollar plates I wasn't impressed and they were very apologetic to me. Waiter was O-K, we didn't order wine. We went elsewhere to order dessert. We did not tell the establishment how disappointed we were. We paid the bill and left. Too bad.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank HollyRNTennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too bad the hostess was so rude bc the food is great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to City Cellar many times and had delicious meals every time so I was excited to see they had created an outdoor seating area. I called in advance to make sure they had a table for 3 on the patio and the hostess assured me they were dead and to just come on down, NO RESERVATION NEEDED.... Sorry for us when we arrived only 20 minutes later there were no tables available at all on the patio and we were left to dine inside once again. The host was not even remotely sorry and even gave us an attitude when we told her that we had just called, she seemed uninterested in accommodating us at all. City Cellar is always a favorite of mine but that experience definitely left something to be desired.

• Visited July 2014
Valley Stream, New York
“FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

To be honest, I was here at a private party which I think is harder to do well than to bring out a meal at one table. The service was wonderful and I just cannot say enough about the food. We started with a fried ravioli which was perfect. Then they served a salad which was perfectly dressed. Next, I had the steak which was tender and perfectly prepared...soooo delicious. The meal ended with a chocolate cake that was not too rich, not too light...again, it was perfection!!!
I have never eaten in this restaurant but I am certainly going to make the effort to go back and try anything else they have to offer!

• Visited June 2014