Ashokan Dreams B&B
Hotel Dylan(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$399
$199
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
$169
Official Site
$289
Cold Spring Lodge(Big Indian)
$173
$80
$75
$137
  • Pool
All reviewshour drive from nycsmall fridgeadirondack styleashokan dreamsreservoir suiteweddingprivacykingstonaccommodations
Reviewed February 22, 2015

A few weeks ago we spent a Saturday night in this B&B. It was below freezing and had snowed, which made the silence sacred and clarity of the night sky brilliant. Our suite faced the mountain side, and was filled with homey cozy and fun items (like binoculars, which I didn't notice unfortunately till Sunday morning), and a kaleidoscope, plus books of all kinds. Anne-Marie is not only a wonderful hostess who cooks a breakfast that could qualify as a phenomenal dessert, she is an impressive, strong woman used to living in nature. Her arms were filled with chopped wood when we arrived. She made suggestions where to go, how to get there, and just overall tried to make our stay as wonderful as possible. Mission accomplished! I wish we could have stayed longer, but we will be back this summer, this time on our Harleys. Thank you Anne-Marie!

Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2014

Just came back from our fourth annual visit to our favorite Catskill love nest ! Where do we start ? The view .....A++. Reservoir Suite....A+++.....The Breakfasts....A+++.....The Hot Tub....A+++.....Moonrise over the reservoir.....A+++....Having to leave was the only......F-.
Thanks again Anne-Marie for taking such good care of us and sharing your piece of Paradise !

Room Tip: We always stay in the Reservoir Suite . For us it has the best view,best privacy,most romantic.
  • Stayed: November 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Chester K, Public Relations Manager at Ashokan Dreams B&B, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2016

Your review +++++ your loyalty and support +++++!!!!! We hope to see you again this fall!

Reviewed October 26, 2014

We just got back from a lovely 4 day stay in the Garden Suite. Anne Marie was a wonderful hostess and made wonderful restaurant-worthy breakfasts each morning. The suite had a lot of natural light and a beautiful view of a mountain. Every part of the property had an amazing view of the Catskills and Ashokan Resevoir. Anne Marie was very helpful in recommending places to eat and visit during our stay and we enjoyed every minute of it! I would recommend this place to anyone who would like a nice quiet getaway with your own private entrance. We can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed: October 2014
Chester K, Owner at Ashokan Dreams B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion of Ashokan Dreams. Our busy and complicated lives make it difficult to make time to call out the things that please us. We appreciate your very positive feedback and appreciate your efforts in writing this review. Your opinions and observations mean a great deal to us, but also will help future guests decide to choose Ashokan Dreams for their special getaway. Thank you!

Reviewed October 8, 2014

My husband and I spent a wonderful weekend here in February 2011. This review is l o n g overdue. We thoroughly embraced our snowy weekend at Ashokan Dreams. We splurged and stayed in the Reservoir Suite and couldn't think of a nicer place to spend our Anniversary! Remote location but not too far for dinner in nearby Phoenicia. Delicious breakfast served right to your room - a very special touch. Hoping to return!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NY49toNC

Wow that is dedication! Thank you for writing this review long after you stayed at Ashokan Dreams. We are glad that we made such a positive impression and hope that you will be able to visit again for your upcoming anniversary! Thank you!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have long sung the praises of the many B&Bs in the US and worldwide at which I have stayed. The owners were always friendly and thoughtful, would treat us to a gourmet breakfast, and always gave interesting tidbits and advice about our surroundings. I always left with newfound friends.

So my husband surprised me this weekend by booking a night at the Ashokan after reading the glowing reviews on tripadvisor. What a shock when we arrived there. The owner Anne-Marie told us to eat in Woodstock on our way in from Vermont as there was no food anywhere near the B&B – boy was she right. We arrived around 8pm after dinner to find a deserted cabin with no one in sight for miles and miles. The place was poorly maintained, with tall weeds and chipping paint. There were mosquitos everywhere, even inside the room.

The door to the Meadow Suite was unlocked and we entered to a faintly musty smell. The room was filled with what looked like fraying flea market furniture and old pictures of what must have been the owner’s ancestors. I found someone’s used pantyhose in the drawer.
No fresh baked cookies, chocolates, flowers, or even a bottle of water were there to greet us. No telephone and limited cellular service. We were truly alone with no food and no water. The bed was small and very uncomfortable – I normally have no trouble falling asleep but I was up all night.

When I mentioned it to the owner in the morning, she said the water in the bathroom is potable. For any owner to expect a guest to drink from the bathroom sink (yes there were glasses in the room) after charging $240 a night (3% more if you use a credit card) is unthinkable.
For breakfast, my husband asked for oatmeal (for his meatless Monday) and I wanted boiled eggs as I am on a low carb diet. The owner said we could have only one or the other – so we had oatmeal, seated outside at the front of the B&B amidst the overgrown weeds and hungry mosquitos. The owner would do better to seat people in the back with the mountain views.

The one redeeming feature? The place had great views of the mountains and the Ashokan reservoir. My husband won high marks for effort in his attempts to please me with a romantic B&B experience. I will always cherish the thought and effort he made to find this place. However, I will never go back there and in future, I will happily stay at the chain hotels my husband prefers.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Kamana2014
Chester K, Owner at Ashokan Dreams B&B, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

@Kamana2014 we are truly sorry that we failed to delight you and did not meet any of your expectations. Our desire at Ashokan Dreams is to share our home and this beautiful place with our guests while catering to your every need. Clearly we did not communicate adequately with you and your husband. Our sincerest apologies for your disappointing experience. Although we spoke on the phone 3 times and exchanged multiple emails there were several expectations that we missed completely. We never learned of your personal dietary request from your husband. We regularly cater to the unique culinary and dietary restrictions of our guests. At his request we provide you organic rolled oats, organic local cream, organic local berries, organic house made maple syrup and a variety of black and herbal teas. We even provided organic walnuts which we were told were your favorite. Ashokan Dreams is set on 30 acres in the heart of the Catskill Park. Our home is surrounded by thousands of acres of State Forest and New York City Watershed lands that are preserved as forever wild. We have over 4 acres of professionally managed lawns and gardens and a 5 acre meadow that is visible from the Meadow Suite. Our home is over 4,500 square feet and a converted barn that we have decorated with family heirlooms, antiques, brand new furniture, custom made rustic furniture and even some unique finds from flee markets. We specifically confirmed with your husband when making the reservation that we only have queen sized beds and we are sorry if you were expecting a larger bed. We also are very sorry that in the hour we spent visiting and discussing options for your day in the area after your breakfast that we didn’t learn about how disappointed you were with your stay. We appreciate your comments and will learn from them and improve the experience for our future guests. We also hope that you give us another chance to delight you. We are confident that we can get it just right for you next time.