“There's a reason for the good reviews”

Schwabl's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in West Seneca
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

The debate over who has the best Beef On Weck is endless. For my $$ it's here. But forget that because love other food here, too! And the Tom & Jerry is my favorite winter warmup. The German Potato is my go-to - with just about everything. Try the Pike when they have it, or the Hungarian Goulash.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I visit Buffalo, N.Y. 2 times per year, is my husband's hometown, and we always reserve the time for dinner in Schwabl's Restaurant, the food is out of this world, best German Potatoes I always have, anyone that goes around this town has to visit this place and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is a very fine place for beef on weck and always has been. Some years back, new owners took over, but are friendlier and allow take out - the previous owner would not even if you were from out of town - and the food is as good. The beef is sliced in the dining room area, rising up out of a modified steam table that holds a huge roast of beef in au jus. Its fresh sliced to order, rare to well done, and served hot and beautifully on a weck roll. Outstanding beef on weck.

Thank Ross .
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's a mystery to me why people love this place so much? Too much hype. I've found hair in my food; was unable to chew thru my roast beef becasue it was sliced too thick (another patron of the restaurant had the same problem); and on my last (and final) visit, my sandwich was cold and soggy. Do yourself a favor and order a roast beef sandwich from Doc Sullivan's, Anderson's, Laughlin's....pretty much anywhere else.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The restaurant has been there for over 175 years. For those of us from British decent, roast beef is a staple. The beef is hand carved on a daily basis as you walk in. The restaurant is small but fairly intimate. The wait staff are excellent and attentive. My wife had the goulash and was very impressed.. Our friends enjoyed their order as well. I would recommend it if you are in the buffalo area.