“Great Value and Location”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great Value and Location”
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I stayed here while in town for business. I used to live in Buffalo so I am familiar with the area and this is a nice location. Easy access to I-90, I-190 (to downtown and Niagara Falls) as well as the airport. If you need to be near downtown and the airport, this is a good location. The hotel is new and clean with huge shower stalls. Breakfast is good and the value of the hotel can't be beat. My only complaint (which is tiny) is the outside walls are a tiny bit thin. I could hear some noise from the Thruway at night but it never hindered my ability to sleep. I would definitely book here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your Five (5) Star experience on TripAdvisor.

It was nice to hear as a business traveler and as a ex-Buffalonian that you found our hotel a convenient and comfortable for business travel.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Best Regards,

Vice President & General Manager-Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
New York State
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Walking into the Lobby , we were greated by a beautiful area. I loved the stairs! and the wood of the stairs. It was decorated for Christmas , and was beautifully done ! We went to our room on second floor , and it was also very very nice. The bed was so comfortable. when we got back from our party , we had some tasty cookies. The staff was friendly and helpful.. Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing such nice comments. .

It was nice to hear that you enjoyed our freshly baked cookies. Our I-90 location is ideal for shopping, sporting events, concerts and theatre performances. We are minutes from Walden Galleria Mall, Boulevard Mall, McKinley Mall, Target, Walmart and minutes from downtown Buffalo.

Thanks Again!

Toronto
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We booked this hotel at a pre-paid rate of $105 (including taxes) per night with check-in on Black Friday. I was very happy with the rate and even more happy when I got very helpful and professional service upon arrival (the yummy cookies at the coffee station didn't hurt either). The room was very spacious and comfortable and the free wi-fi was speedy and consistent. The only less than impressive part was breakfast. My husband is very much the carnivore and he didn't enjoy either day's meat option: corned beef hash one morning followed by finely diced ham the second. That said, overall I was very happy for that price!

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely appreciate your comments and feedback, I will be sure to share them with our entire team.

Best Wishes,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

A newer hotel in the southern area of Buffalo, right off the Thruway (last exit before the toll going west to Erie). The hotel is new, clean, quiet, spacious, comfortable...perfect. Internet is extremely fast for a hotel...similar to home. Breakfast was great, lots of selection of foods, spacious eating area. Bathroom was clean, well stocked, and roomy. There is no tub, but since I only do showers it was great - the shower stall is huge, 3 or 4 could easily fit in! The bed was extremely comfortable, the TV large and clear picture. Front desk staff were great. I really enjoy the Country Inn & Suites everywhere they offer great value, clean rooms, and spacious areas to relax. Well done.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem ample, but I prefer away from the elevator to keep the noise down.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, December 1, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

Thanks Again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times, for a total of 6 nights. Each stay has been very consistent in regards to the service and quality provided at this hotel.

The hotel is located and easily seen directly off the highway in West Seneca. It is less than a 10 minute drive to downtown Buffalo, Cheektowaga (Galeria Mall) and Orchard Park. There is a K-Mart, grocery store, gas station and 7-11 within a block radius of the hotel. When driving and walking around the parking lot, please be mindful of frogs - there are many in this area.

Reception has always been attentive and helpful, providing maps of Buffalo and fresh baked cookies. Checking in and out is always smooth. The public areas of the hotel have a cozy, comfy atmosphere to them which I enjoy. There is an indoor swimming pool and hottub that I've used everytime. It is usually very busy and full of children. I think it would be beneficial for the hotel to have their pool area open later, as there are a lot of guests checking in at night.

The rooms are above average. They are spacious and comofortable equipped with large bathrooms and parking lot/highway views. I never noticed any stains on the carpets or bedding and everything was always working up to standards. Breakfast has a wide selection (waffles, eggs, sausages, cereals, fruits, yogurts, coffe, tea, juice) and lots of seating.

Overall, I really like this hotel and hands down recommend it to others. I am a travel agent and primarily send people here for cross border shopping and/or visiting Buffalo. Great location, great service, great value!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo and sharing such nice comments. In addition your feedback is very important to us as we are always trying to enhance the guest experience. As a travel professional your endorsement means the world to me and I sincerely appreciate it.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed November 23, 2013

We stayed one night at the country inn suites at buffalo while visiting Niagara Falls.

Location: The hotel is very close to the exit of I-90 and is a bit south to buffalo. It was a 30 min drive to Niagara on the parkway. The entrance was not very clearly marked and we had make a u-turn to find the place.

Check-in. We checked in at around 4 pm and were on the 5th floor. The staff were quite welcoming and it was a pleasant experience. Parking is free and enough slots were available at the front of the hotel.

Room. Room was of a decent size and had two queens, flat tv and a working table with a couch. The bath was clean and of reasonable size. The Internet was complimentary and worked fine. We did not hear too much noise of the parkway and had a good nights sleep.

Others. We did use the swimming pool in the ground floor. They also had free laundry facilities and we used them as we were driving for the last week from Ohio. The detergents are available at the front desk.

Food. The breakfast was complimentary in the morning and had decent selection. The dining room had adequate space for the guests too. However there are no good restaurants close by to the hotel and walden which is couple of miles away has a strip mall and huge selection of restaurants to choose from.

Summary: We checked out by 9 am next morning and went to Niagara. It is reasonably priced and an option to consider. There are better options though further up north which can offer more facilities at the same price point.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at the Buffalo South Country Inn and Suites and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. The biggest compliment that we can receive is the public endorsement of our guests.

I am glad to hear that our hotel was everything you needed and then some for your visit to Niagara Falls.

I do hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Buffalo-Niagara region.

Thank you for your comments.

syracuse
Reviewed November 22, 2013

pros of this hotel: pretty clean, very nice staff, nice lobby, good sized rooms, huge shower, free breakfast and plenty of room in lobby. Oh, and bed was comfortable and the pool area was clean.

cons: noise from the freeway/garbage truck at 4:18AM can be distracting. Although surfaces in rooms were clean, I noticed the bottom half of doors (like bathroom) and lower parts of walls were not clean - had some icky stuff on them. Spots on rug as well.
Hot tub was not very hot, but had powerful jets!

Room Tip: ask for a room not facing the highway
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I assure you that we will take immediate corrective action. I noticed that you stay in hotels frequently post a review about the level of service, quality and cleanliness you experience. I hope the next time you stay with us you find your experience Five (5) Star worthy.

Again, thank you.

Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!