“Very Nice Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Palmer,Massachusetts
“Very Nice Hotel”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel on a family visit, and what a pleasant surprise we were in for. It far exceeded our expectations, as to friendly service, cleanliness, and comfort of rooms. It is just a stones throw off the NY Thruway, and close proximity to restaurants, and shopping. If ever in this area again, it's a sure bet this will be the place we will be staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for staying with us at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South. I sincerely appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience on the World's Largest Travel Review Site, Tripadvisor.

The best compliment to receive is the endorsement of our guests. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,

Kevin Verrall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Very new, clean hotel on a convenient location for travelers.
Good-sized room with king bed.
Room was very clean.
Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Free wifi, workout room, pool & parking.
Very nice complimentary breakfast with a variety of items.
Pleasant front desk staff.
Very good value for quality + free coffee and cookies throughout the day and evening.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, April 20, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on the largest travel review website on the planet, TripAdvisor.

We sincerely value your opinion and appreciate your kind words. Thank you for writing your review like a commercial advertisement that we would have our marketing department write. Coming from one of our guests give us much more credibility and we believe people reading this feel the same way.

Again, thanks for the kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Decided to stop here on the way back from Nashville as a break from Hilton brand hotels to see how the competition would fare. Stopped here right after the PA line toll and decided to check 'er out. Check-in guy was helpful as expected. Grabbed a free cookie, Room was quite large for a single, WiFi was about what I expected. My room was on the 5th floor, with a view of I-90. Didn't really hear much as I arrived around 10ish, so I slept okay. Breakfast the next day had much to choose from, but perhaps too much. Donuts tasted stale, hot food options were only western omelettes and homefries besides the good ole waffle maker. Don't see the logic of offering western omelettes in a hotel that's on the outskirts of a "midscale" city when only a few guests would be interested in that kind of food. My advice to the manager/breakfast coordinator: Offer a selection of hot foods that would satisfy the majority, and not options that would satisfy only a select few. The three Hilton brand hotels I stayed at on this trip all had 1-2 meats to go with potatoes and at least 1 other selection. Will consider staying here if I breeze by the Buffalo area, but I'll probably hit the Staybridge next door.

Room Tip: Get a King room, awesome bed to sleep in
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing us such valuable feedback.

We are always trying to improve our service and offerings. We strive to offer the most variety possible on our breakfast and we are always evaluating our breakfast menu.

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Rooms: Clean.

Heated Pool: The heated pool was a bit cold for a "heated" pool. Maybe we are spoiled from the heated pools that we've been into. The shower at the pool was also pretty cold. We had to take the kids to the hot tub and sprinkle water on them to keep them warm. But in all fairness, the kids had an awesome time.

Breakfast: Breakfast was good and the kids (read: adults) enjoyed the waffles.

Location: Location was great, right off the freeway.

Value: Considering the location and breakfast, this hotel was a great bang for the buck.

Reason for stars:The staff was very kind. They were very accommodating when we needed a bit more time to check out and they always had warm cookies at the front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South. I sincerely appreciate your business and taking the time to share your experience on the World's Largest Travel Review Site, TripAdvisor.

The best compliment to receive is the endorsement of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed our freshly baked cookies. I will be sure to share your review with our entire team.

I hope to see you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,

toronto
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night during a shopping trip to Buffalo. The price was excellent for this premium hotel. Clean, quiet, friendly, free breakfast, free wi-fi. ample parking space, comfortable bed, free cookies upon arrival, free coffee/tea. It doesnt get better then this. The hotel is close to Walden Galleria Mall, under 10 minutes drive. You do need a car to get around. There are a few hotels along this roadway. There is also a Kmart and Wegmans nearby, viewable from the hotel property.Tim Hortons with a gas station on the corner. Lots of large empty fields nearby Im certain will become retail development at some point in time to accomodate hotel guests. Best to drive near Walden/Union Road for food as presently there is not too much near the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South. Our location is ideal as we are located minutes from two shopping malls, Walden Galleria to the east and McKinley to the west. Located at exit 55 east from the I-90 New York State Thruway minutes from Downtown Buffalo and neighboring Ralph Wilson Stadium which is home to the Buffalo Bills makes us convenient for business or pleasure trips.

Our chocolate chip cookies are to die for and I am glad that you enjoyed them.

I hope that you can visit again real soon.

Warmest Regards,

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was puzzled by the person who mentioned the light from the sign. I asked for and got a room which was facing the parking lot. The sign was below my room, but there were blackout curtains. I did not notice them at first but they were there. As a woman alone, I appreciated that they gave me a room close to the elevator but not right across from it. Also I was in a different wing from a block of college students. They were there to do a mock trial contest, so were not noisy, but were 'busy' and in and out of each others rooms. So I was in a wing away from the students with a few vacant rooms between us. Country Inns just seems to take a bit of extra care about such things.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South. I am so thankful that you mentioned the black-out drapes in your review. We have had a handful of our guests mention the parking lot lights either upon departure or even on TripAdvisor.

I believe the design of our window treatments may not lend themselves to everyone being able to find the blackout drape as easily as we would have liked. I would hope that if someone is having difficulty they would simply call the front desk and we could nicely explain where they are as we are always here to serve. We certainly would never build a hotel without black-out drapes and I do appreciate you mentioning that they worked very well.

Again, thank you for your business and your review.

Best Regards,

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We loved our stay here. It smelled great when we opened the room door, and everything was very clean and new. Front desk staff were very polite. Good water pressure. Breakfast was a great mix - standard waffles, cereal and toast, but also could make breakfast sandwhich with eggs/cheese/ham. Breakfast was refilled quickly. About 15 minutes from Waldon Galleria mall.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your business and your recommendation on TripAdvisor.

We aspire to 100% guest satisfaction and it is always nice to hear when our guest's have enjoyed their stay with us. Our newly constructed Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South is ideal for shopping, sports or weekend getaways.

I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
Comfort Inn Cheektowaga
#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!