“Pool and Spa needs attention of management”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Seneca
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Poor water quality in pool and spa .My son had an eye infection after the 1st night after using the pool and spa.The spa water was frothy and foamy which is usually an indicator of poor water quality and is also indicative of a high level of Total Dissolved Solids(TDS).TDS is composed of fats ,oils,soap,lotion and other organic matter from bathers that contribute to the frothy toxic organic soup in the spa.Poor water quality can contribute to eye and skin infections in bathers.Water quality should be monitored and documented daily as per local health regulations.I hope that management would take the necessary steps to protect the health and well being of customers by ensuring the appropriate monitoring and corrective actions are done to improve water safety.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding our spa. We do check our chlorine and Ph levels three times per day in accordance with our local health codes.

In addition we do routine maintenance including changing the water. I apologize on the particular day that you stayed if our spa was not up to our normal standards and I will review the situation with our maintenance engineer. Please feel free to contact our onsite General Manager Joelene LaSanta as I am sure that she would like the opportunity to regain your trust and goodwill.

Again, Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Very clean hotel; friendly staff and the most comfortable beds you can imagine (pillows too!). Easy to get to. Beautiful hotel; it looks and feels brand new. Spacious rooms and the pool/spa, fitness, breakfast, and lobby are spacious and well kept. Two recommendations: Ask for a room that does NOT face the Interstate. We were on the 4th floor and it was extremely loud all through the night. Also, ask for a room that is NOT directly above their outside lighting. We had a spot light in our room from the lighting. The sheers are nice but do not keep out that kind of light AND the heavier drapes do not close. We requested a room on the ground floor and did not get it when we checked in; we were put on the 4th floor and like I said, the noise from the Interstate plus the light from the outside building lightening was not pleasant. Ask for a room on the back of the building and you should be fine. Many stores and restaurants in the area but you have to drive to them (none in walking distance); but there are many to choose from. All in all a GREAT hotel for the price. We were upset with the rudeness of some guests and their children in the pool/spa area; but it is not the hotel's fault that people don't teach their kids manners :(

Room Tip: ROOMS: Chose backside away from Interstate and below the outside lighting. BREAKFAST: Get there earl...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and providing such valuable feedback.

It was nice of you to recognize that we are new. Our Country Inn and Suites is the first one in the immediate Buffalo area and we are excited to be part of the community. I would ask that you contact our on-site General Manager Joelene LaSanta at 716-259-8520 so that she can take the opportunity to display our hotel to you in a more positive manner.

Thank you for your business and feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Best Wishes,

Our family of 5 spent one night here...wanted a hotel nearby shopping
and close to Niagara centre. Great hotel, very clean, up to date, comfy beds and bedding, great pool. The price was right when booking online.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South on your recent visit to the First Niagara Center.

Our new hotel is popular for many people visiting the area for a Buffalo Sabres game, a concert or a Buffalo Bills game at Ralph Wilson Stadium. In addition our hotel is convenient for visiting the Walden Galleria or McKinley shopping Malls. Combining events and shopping or just a getaway to relax our new Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South has what you are looking for. I hope that you enjoyed the game and that the team your were cheering for sent you home happy.

Again, thanks for the kind words and I hope to see you on your next visit.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We decided to stay at this hotel as it's convenient to shopping in Buffalo and approximately 40 minutes from the Holiday Valley ski resort. We had a spacious 1 bedroom suite on the 5th floor that was clean and comfortable. Would recommend families upgrade to suites if possible because the extra room was definitely nice. Being a holiday weekend, the hotel was extremely busy with families and the breakfast area was always full so we didn't have an opportunity to sit down for the complimentary breakfast. The pool area is good and hot tub is a nice addition after a day of skiing. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is nice of you to recognize our convenient location between two major shopping malls, minutes from the First Niagara Center, Ralph Wilson Stadium, Downtown Buffalo, and a short drive to ski country and Niagara Falls. In addition we are the newest hotel in the Buffalo area. I am glad that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites as they are delightful. Our indoor heated saltwater pool, fitness center, free breakfast, fee wi-fi and heated spa are just a few of our most popular amenities.

Thanks Again for your business and your review.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I just got back from a stay at this hotel. Nothing really bad to say about this place. Check in was quick, staff was very friendly and very helpful. Rooms are clean with very comfortable beds. Heating A/C units also very quiet. As stated in other reviews the showers are massive, no mold and again exceptionally clean and well stocked. Was surprised with the breakfast no eggs included but hotel did have a good selection of food. Used the pool and spa as well as the gym again very clean, lots of towels. Plenty of well lit parking spaces and good restaurants located close by. Hotel does need to put up a larger sign for entrance way but since this is new that may be coming. All in all a good place to stay, would definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amillionvacations

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South.

It is always nice to hear when we have satisfied our guests and delivered on our service promise. Our Country Inn and Suites is the newest hotel in Buffalo and therefore our quality is only outdone by our people who are well versed in delivering the best service possible. It is nice of you to recognize both. We are still working with the Town on our sign and we hope to have it up as soon as the weather breaks.

Again, thank you for your business and your comments.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights at this hotel....very clean, very friendly staff, pretty good free breakfast and eating area. this is a eco friendly hotel, so halls are cool,as well as the pool. beds and bedding were fantastic. The price of this hotel was excellent. The only thing negative is there are no restaurants in walking distance.
it was a quiet location, we were on the top floor (5th)

Room Tip: Kings have large stand shower, Queens have tub/shower
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Country Inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

We are glad that you were able to take advantage of our indoor heated salt water pool and spa. I have asked our maintenance engineer to turn up the temperature in our pool during this colder winter weather.

Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at the Country Inn for an overnight shopping trip to Buffalo.
The hotel was immaculately clean, very welcoming and had a friendly bunch at the front desk. My only quibble was that is was a bit out of the way for shopping.
I would stay here again though as the price was right and it was new and shiny clean.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
KevinVerrall, Vice President & General Manager-Hotels at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for staying at the Country inn and Suites Buffalo South and sharing your experience on the worlds largest traveler review site, TripAdvisor.

We sincerely appreciate your kind words and I will be sure to share them with our entire team.

Again, thank you for your business and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

#10 of 22 in Cheektowaga
Best Western Plus Galleria Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus The Inn of Lackawanna
Home2 Suites by Hilton Buffalo Airport/Galleria Mall

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Buffalo South I-90? Share your experiences!